15 states, D.C. sue to block government from ending DACA

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
I thought that this law was Unconstitutional in the first place. Americans can't just allow illegal immigrants to enter and stay at will can they?

It would seem to me that would open up all kinds of lawsuits from taxpayers and individuals impacted. The government has six months to create a law, until then, it is DACA itself that is illegal, at least from what I have read and heard.

15 states, D.C. sue to block government from ending DACA immigration amnesty program

Fifteen states and the District of Columbia on Wednesday sued to block U.S. President Donald Trump's plan to end a program protecting young immigrants from deportation — an act Washington state's attorney general called "a dark time for our country."

The lawsuit was filed in the Eastern District of New York. The plaintiffs were New York, Massachusetts, Washington, Connecticut, Delaware, District of Columbia, Hawaii, Illinois, Iowa, New Mexico, North Carolina, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont and Virginia.

On Tuesday, Attorney General Jeff Sessions said the program, known as the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA), will end in six months to give Congress time to find a legislative solution for the immigrants.

The participants were brought to the U.S. illegally as children or came with families who overstayed visas.

Those already enrolled in DACA remain covered until their permits expire. If their permits expire before March, 5, 2018, they are eligible to renew them for another two years as long as they apply by Oct. 5. But the program isn't accepting new applications.

Forum List

Back