13 dead in Kubul all American soldiers

Sorry to hear about the loss of life. It does show a certain amount of desperation on the part of the Taliban. Let's hope the Afghan government gets a handle on this sooner rather than later.

Sad to hear....

Just shows that Afghanistan is far from risk free duty. Makes you appreciate all of our soldiers over there

Sad to hear....

Just shows that Afghanistan is far from risk free duty. Makes you appreciate all of our soldiers over there

You were under the impression, somehow, that it is 'risk free'? How odd.

My prayers are with them and their families.

It must be since Obama indorses it and he was against all war before he was President.

Sad to hear....

You were under the impression, somehow, that it is 'risk free'? How odd.

My prayers are with them and their families.

It must be since Obama indorses it and he was against all war before he was President.

Could we not make this into a partisan bitchfest. Our war dead should be sacred... not used for partisan political point scoring.

Do you think we should just bail on Afghanistan? I don't. I'd hate for us to have to go back there in 10 years because we didn't finish the job the first time.

We had cause to invade Afghanistan. Bush knew his history and kept our presence small to avoid open conflict with most of the people of that backwards ignorant Country.

Obama escalated a war he claimed he was against and then tied the military's hands behind their back. Further he STATED he does not WANT to win.

So please explain to me why we are in a war we do not intend to win using tactics that do not work while preventing the military from doing their job?

So please explain to me why we are in a war we do not intend to win using tactics that do not work while preventing the military from doing their job?

Your partisan politics aside, I do not see the war as being escalated as much as reinserting the troops previously removed in 2003 to start the war in Iraq. As for the tactics, they come from the Pentagon and I think COIN is an effective strategy. Unfortunately, as we've seen today, our troops are still in harm's way anytime we are actively engaged in a struggle such as this.

My condolences to the families of the fallen.

Do you think we should just bail on Afghanistan? I don't. I'd hate for us to have to go back there in 10 years because we didn't finish the job the first time.

We had cause to invade Afghanistan. Bush knew his history and kept our presence small to avoid open conflict with most of the people of that backwards ignorant Country.

Obama escalated a war he claimed he was against and then tied the military's hands behind their back. Further he STATED he does not WANT to win.

can you link to your statement that obama said'' he does not want to win'' ????

UNFUCKING BELIEVABLE. Question for you? Are you stupid or simply trying to deflect?

I want a definitive answer from you. Are you stating in this thread that you NEVER saw Obama announce on National TV his intent was not to win in Afghanistan. Go ahead adit for us you are just to fucking stupid to remember or that you are a liar.

Are you stating in this thread that you NEVER saw Obama announce on National TV his intent was not to win in Afghanistan. Go ahead adit for us you are just to fucking stupid to remember or that you are a liar.

That's not what he said, Gunnery Sergeant. Your dislike of the man seems to be distorting your perception of the situation.

President Obama has put securing Afghanistan near the top of his foreign policy agenda, but "victory" in the war-torn country isn't necessarily the United States' goal, he said Thursday in a TV interview.
"I'm always worried about using the word 'victory,' because, you know, it invokes this notion of Emperor Hirohito coming down and signing a surrender to MacArthur," Obama told ABC News.

The enemy facing U.S. and Afghan forces isn't so clearly defined, he explained.
"We're not dealing with nation states at this point. We're concerned with Al Qaeda and the Taliban, Al Qaeda's allies," he said. "So when you have a non-state actor, a shadowy operation like Al Qaeda, our goal is to make sure they can't attack the United States."

Read more: Obama: 'Victory' Not Necessarily Goal In Afghanistan | Fox News

Are you stating in this thread that you NEVER saw Obama announce on National TV his intent was not to win in Afghanistan. Go ahead adit for us you are just to fucking stupid to remember or that you are a liar.

That's not what he said, Gunnery Sergeant. Your dislike of the man seems to be distorting your perception of the situation.

President Obama has put securing Afghanistan near the top of his foreign policy agenda, but "victory" in the war-torn country isn't necessarily the United States' goal, he said Thursday in a TV interview.
"I'm always worried about using the word 'victory,' because, you know, it invokes this notion of Emperor Hirohito coming down and signing a surrender to MacArthur," Obama told ABC News.

"We're not dealing with nation states at this point. We're concerned with Al Qaeda and the Taliban, Al Qaeda's allies," he said. "So when you have a non-state actor, a shadowy operation like Al Qaeda, our goal is to make sure they can't attack the United States."

And yet our Moderator simply never saw that. So is she to stupid to remember or trying to deflect?

And yes he did say that. Victory is not our goal. Or are you admitting that his plan to withdraw from Afghanistan in 2014 win or lose. Whether we "prevent" Al Qaeda from establish a new base there from which to attack us is a lie?

If we learned anything from Iraq, this should be it.

Sadly, this thread is gonna turn into another partisan bitch fest... which is, apparently, more important than honoring 13 heroes. How sad.

If we learned anything from Iraq, this should be it.

Sadly, this thread is gonna turn into another partisan bitch fest... which is, apparently, more important than honoring 13 heroes. How sad.

This was never about honoring anyone. But thanks for playing and trying to dictate YOUR views on everyone else.

Who the hell wants to "win" in Afghanistan? We have been there ten years......how many years does it take before we can declare victory?

R.O.E. again. No rounds chambered. You are not to fire until the bomber attempts to detonate the bomb. The last MOH that Obama awarded was directly the result of his R.O. E.s. He was responsible for creating the situation that led to the Marine's heroic actions in defense of himself and his buddies. This country has victory disease as badly as the Japanese had it when they sailed into the waters around Midway wiithout knowing precisely where the American Carriers were and despite a mountain of evidence that the Americans had broken the Japanese Navy's codes.

George HW Bush had his head up his rectum when he pronounced that America was going to fight a kinder, gentler war in Desert Storm. Those words were probably said to mollify the bleeding heart Liberals over at the NYT, who, when they weren't busy chasing stories on some Liberal bleeding heart cause celebre, were busy masturbating in public in some protest demonstration just as they are today in the OWS protests, or simply frolicking in the NYT's all male conga line. There is, and can be no "Kinder, Gentler War". You go into a war prepared and ready to kill whomever and howmany ever beings that threaten you and your objective. When they're all dead, you go home. That was the way it went during WWII, the last war this nation won, clearly and cleanly, even if it repeatedly leads to Iwo Jima style battlefield resolutions, 200 enemy living out of 21,000 original defenders.
We were at peace, the morning of 9/11/2001.
When Rome had had enough of Carthage, the Romans sent an army to kill the inhabitants, destroy the city and sow the ground with salt so it would never be threatened from that location again. It was only when Rome grew too tired to defend itself and resorted to hiring Attila and his Huns to defend Rome and its satellite cities, that Rome ran into trouble. The price of freedom and independence is eternal vigilance.

Who the hell wants to "win" in Afghanistan? We have been there ten years......how many years does it take before we can declare victory?

What President sends over 100 thousand American and NATO troops to a Country to fight a war and then states he does not want to win? Ohh ya Obama.

And yes he did say that. Victory is not our goal. Or are you admitting that his plan to withdraw from Afghanistan in 2014 win or lose. Whether we "prevent" Al Qaeda from establish a new base there from which to attack us is a lie?

Obviously you didn't read or comprehend his statement, but no matter. I think you and I agree that if President Obama withdraws from Afghanistan before the job is done and al-Qaeda or the Taliban which gave them the space and time to build "the Base", is reborn, then the blame will fall squarely on the lap of Barack Obama.

For now, however, I agree with California Girl. This thread should be about the 13 who fell today, not partisan bitching.

Forum List

Back