13 dead in Kubul all American soldiers

The tactical situation in Afghanistan is similar to or perhaps worse than VeitNam. The American left called "mission accomplished" when doddering old Osama was killed and then they called VE day in Libya when NATO planes and drone bombers killed the Gadaffi resistance to the muslem brotherhood. Why don't wse see photos of blown up Alqueda coumpounds in Afghanistan? We don't care? NATO is busy with other projects? It's insanity the way Afghanistan is being run by fat assed CIA political hacks and fools in the B. Hussein administration.

An update of the situation:

A Western defense official said at least four of the dead Americans were G.I.’s and the rest were contract workers; a Canadian soldier and four Afghans were also reported to be killed.

The attack Saturday and the other high-profile assaults are seen as a shift in Taliban strategy as the militants struggle against a surge in American troops that has loosened their grip on the Taliban heartland in the south and compromised their ability to stage more conventional attacks on NATO forces.

American officials see the latest assaults as the Taliban’s attempt to shake confidence in the Afghan government, which has been taking over security from NATO in Kabul and other areas of the country.
http://www.nytimes.com/2011/10/30/world/asia/deadly-attack-strikes-nato-bus-in-kabul.html

It must be since Obama indorses it and he was against all war before he was President.

Do you think we should just bail on Afghanistan? I don't. I'd hate for us to have to go back there in 10 years because we didn't finish the job the first time.

There is no "finishing the job"..because the job is finished. Nation-building should be done by the folks living there.

That's not what he said, Gunnery Sergeant. Your dislike of the man seems to be distorting your perception of the situation.

Who the hell wants to "win" in Afghanistan? We have been there ten years......how many years does it take before we can declare victory?

What President sends over 100 thousand American and NATO troops to a Country to fight a war and then states he does not want to win? Ohh ya Obama.

I started a thread on Afghanstan/COIN where we can discuss it: http://www.usmessageboard.com/military/191877-coin-and-afghanistan.html

Forum List

Back