$123.00 for tank of gas

whether the president can do anything about these prices (and i think he can) this is becoming a mjor political liability for obama (too bad, thats the job pal). his energy secy is on record as having said we need higher gas prices like Europe (so the alternative energy policies so beloved by the left can be forced down our throats). This statement i think will be a big campaign albatross to hang around his neck and make a great political add (congratualtions mr president. health care may be hated by most, the economy is a mess, unemployment is still sky high but you have succeeded in one area at least -- your goal to make energy prices higher like in Eurpose. With a second term there is no telling how high you can get. We were afraid you might not have noticed since you gas up your fleets of limos and 747s at taxpayer expense. Well done mr president. well done

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
431510_334381036603886_152724994769492_854504_807691746_n-1.jpg

In 2008 Pelosi blamed Bush for high gas prices, now in 2112 she blames Wall Street plus Sen. Frank Lautenberg (D-NJ) when he delivered the Democratic radio address did the same back then. Uuuuuummmm, sounds like politics as usual...... :lol:
i thought she blamed the oil companies for gouging and the speculation....

the record high for gasoline that took place in 2008 has still not been beaten yet....so there is more room to even go higher! :eek: which is scary!!1

In 2008 Pelosi blamed Bush for high gas prices, now in 2112 she blames Wall Street plus Sen. Frank Lautenberg (D-NJ) when he delivered the Democratic radio address did the same back then. Uuuuuummmm, sounds like politics as usual...... :lol:
i thought she blamed the oil companies for gouging and the speculation....

the record high for gasoline that took place in 2008 has still not been beaten yet....so there is more room to even go higher! :eek: which is scary!!1

http://http://cnsnews.com/news/article/flashback-pelosi-07-blames-bush-307-gas-12-blames-speculators

She sure like to throw blame around, I wonder why she isn't citing Obama's policies.

A little under a quarter tank onboard, filled the Tahoe yesterday, took $70.54 for regular.

THANKS kenyan.

Economics 101 lesson for the board:

supply = demand

higher price ----> lower demand

lower demand ----> substitution effect

substitution effect ---> cheaper alternative

cheaper alternative ----> more fuel efficient cars

more fuel efficient car =/= Avalanche

Avalanche = Enormous gas guzzling beast

The conversion to natural gas powered cars should start now.

You lost me when you said,
supply = demand

Supply and demand are almost never equal according to Economics 101 and real life. I can't believe you posted that.

Forum List

Back