12-Year-Old Queens Girl Shot In Head Calls 911 After Father Murders Family

PGreen

Nov 24, 2014
NEW YORK (AP) -- In the quiet of a pre-dawn Saturday on a dead-end street, a father came home and shot his family in their heads, leaving women in three generations dead and a wounded 12-year-old girl calling 911, police said.

Mass shooters in the U.S. are almost always men — angry men who can get guns more easily than mental-health care. That's the main problem. Will this madness ever end? I want to feel safe in my own country.

NEW YORK (AP) -- In the quiet of a pre-dawn Saturday on a dead-end street, a father came home and shot his family in their heads, leaving women in three generations dead and a wounded 12-year-old girl calling 911, police said.

Mass shooters in the U.S. are almost always men — angry men who can get guns more easily than mental-health care. That's the main problem. Will this madness ever end? I want to feel safe in my own country.

He was arrested twice before and both cases are sealed? Wonder what it was for. Sounds like they are covering up the fact he should have already been taken off the streets. Very sad story.

It's not a gun issue. While men may opt for guns more than women, I believe when it comes to murdering your own family, that's more often seen by women/the mother perpetrating it. Just not typically with guns.

If you wanna reduce the number of mentally ill people getting a hold of a gun and murdering people, reduce the number of mentally ill people. Pretty simple. Increase prenatal screening for mental illness, abort those deemed likely to develop them. Sucks and is right out of some some Spartan-dystopian story, but it's the better solution than executing those who manifest mental illnesses later on. I don't see how society benefits from having mentally ill wildcards walking around.

It is definitely not a gun issue. He could have used a kitchen knife. The problem is with him - not guns.

Whew. For a second there I read that as "12 year old queers", and thought I was going to read a Steve_McGarrett thread

I read somewhere that Japan has this problem....they commit suicide at a higher rate than we do and more often take their whole family with them when they do it....I'll have to look it up....

And Japan has absolute gun control........

Forum List

Back