12-year-old black kid has police called on him for mowing a lawn

just bc a black person who is not committing a crime gets the police called on them for a stupid reason that doesn't involve a crime
I did my best to highlight the pertinent portions of your comment above.

Maybe they should start penalizing people for abusing the 911 line similar to the way they penalize people when the police have to respond to false burgular alarms? Maybe then people would think twice about calling 911 on kids or other people who are not violating the law and are instead using the 911 emergency line as a mechanism to attempt to enforce their will over others utilizing both the threat and state powers of law enforcement officers which has been proven many times to have a racial or racist motiviation.

Racial Bias and Disparities in Proactive Policing

LAW ENFORCEMENT BY STEREOTYPES AND SERENDIPITY:
RACIAL PROFILING AND STOPS AND SEARCHES WITHOUT CAUSE

See how stupid they are ? Put a magnetic sign on da lo ryder that says 'window washer" and get to washin' dem windoze for inventory lists. Cutting grass. Pfffft. You can't even id the dead bolts from that distance

Cleveland neighbors call police on black youth, 12, for mowing a lawn

A 12-year-old child who started his own summer lawn-mowing business had the cops called on him for doing his job.

Reginald “Reggie” Fields, who lives in the Cleveland area, started Mr. Reggie’s Lawn Cutting Service with his family, and was doing just that when police showed up to a Maple Heights neighborhood last week.

“They said I was cutting their grass. I didn’t know it,” the 12-year-old told WEWS News 5.

Neighbors apparently complained to police that Fields was cutting into their lawn, Lt. Joe Mocsiran of the Maple Heights Police Department confirmed to Fox News on Friday.​

What do the neighbors do if it is an adult that cuts the grass? Has the grass never been cut before? Cutting grass while black - New Crime! WTF is wrong with these neighbors. Why can't you just stay in your house and live your little misery alone and keep it to yourself. The mother is right, the neighborhood could have instead kids running around SELLING grass or heroin or something else. Instead they are working! Leave them the fuck alone.

unarmed BLACKMAN
BLACK Starbucks customers
BLACK kid mowing lawn

WHITE cop/black white purple
how freakin ridiculous
most of these stories about race are ridiculous

See how stupid they are ? Put a magnetic sign on da lo ryder that says 'window washer" and get to washin' dem windoze for inventory lists. Cutting grass. Pfffft. You can't even id the dead bolts from that distance

31230358.jpg

I saw this on the news a few days ago. If I heard the story right, the kid at one point went onto another person's property and they got mad at him. Maybe they should have told him "Thank you." for his service and said that they were proud of him for not being too lazy to work for the money that he was out there trying to score.

God bless you and him always!!!

Holly

Yeah, but what if he cut their grass shorter than they usually cut it? Now it becomes destruction. Perhaps even repair might be needed.

I think I read that the family started an actual business doing this. What happened to child labor laws? What happens if the kid falls down and gets his foot chopped off on the angry homeowner's property whre he was trespassing? Who is responsible?

I saw this on the news a few days ago. If I heard the story right, the kid at one point went onto another person's property and they got mad at him. Maybe they should have told him "Thank you." for his service and said that they were proud of him for not being too lazy to work for the money that he was out there trying to score.

Holly

Yeah, but what if he cut their grass shorter than they usually cut it? Now it becomes destruction. Perhaps even epair might be needed.

I think I read that the family started an actual business doing this. What happened to child labor laws? What happens if the kid falls down and gets his foot chopped off on the angry homeowner's property? Who is responsible?

Geez! Oh stop with that crap! Seriously.

I was busting my ass when I was 12, We even got a rider. :cryhug_1_:

Unlikely to happen, STFU. :cuckoo:

Whatever can happen, however, will happen at some point and at some place. Perhaps it isn't a chance that the homeowner next door wants to take? And we shouldn't force ourselves on others. There should be a knowledge of the concept of private property.

My thought on is that if the parents wanted to start a business, and wanted to teach the kid some responsibility, they should have been the one's cutting the grass, and keep the kid at shop learning how to clean carburetors and how to sharpen blades.

Then teach him how liability insurance and private property works.

Last edited:

Holly

Yeah, but what if he cut their grass shorter than they usually cut it? Now it becomes destruction. Perhaps even repair might be needed.

I think I read that the family started an actual business doing this. What happened to child labor laws? What happens if the kid falls down and gets his foot chopped off on the angry homeowner's property whre he was trespassing? Who is responsible?
If the grass grows back still, how much is there to legitimately complain about? Also how is anyone other than the property owner(s) supposed to know where the property lines are?

God bless you always!!!

Holly

P.S. If this issue was really that important to those who got mad at the kid for his going into their yard, this whole matter never would've made the news in the first place. Them people do know what a fence is, don't they?

If the grass grows back still, how much is there to legitimately complain about? Also how is anyone other than the property owner(s) supposed to know where the property lines are?

God bless you always!!!

Holly

P.S. If this issue was really that important to those who got mad at the kid for his going into their yard, this whole matter never would've made the news in the first place. Them people do know what a fence is, don't they?

The first thing any contractor should ask is where the property lines are.

And maybe the homeowner doesn't want a fence.

I'm kind of anal about my lawn. I keep it a certain height. And it's the greenest, most plush, lawn on the block.

If somebody pulls on my grass or even walks on it, I go out there and say hey, get the fuck off my lawn.

Though, theres a couple kids that like to catch butterflies with their butterfly nets and then turn em loose, so I let them run through the yard. They're okay.

Unlikely to happen, STFU. :cuckoo:

Whatever can happen, however, will happen at some point and at some place. Perhaps it isn't a chance that the homeowner next door wants to take? And we shouldn't force ourselves on others. There should be a knowledge of the concept of private property.

My thought on is that if the parents wanted to start a business, and wanted to teach the kid some responsibility, they should have been the one's cutting the grass, and keep the kid at shop learning how to clean carburetors and how to sharpen blades.

Then teach him how liability insurance and private property works.
You're an idiot! If someone trespasses on your property and they get hurt, you will not be liable. ... You have to have been grossly negligent and/or expect that trespassers may enter your property. It is incredibly rare for a trespasser to successfully sue a property owner for an injury.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

The first thing any contractor should ask is where the property lines are.

And maybe the homeowner doesn't want a fence.
Well if they don't want other people on their property badly enough, I guess that its time for them to start fence shopping.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

You're an idiot!

Be careful. Your friends are probably gonna be watching the intellectual ass whippin you're getting ready to take.

You're an idiot! If someone trespasses on your property and they get hurt, you will not be liable. ... You have to have been grossly negligent and/or expect that trespassers may enter your property. It is incredibly rare for a trespasser to successfully sue a property owner for an injury.

If the company works next door regularly, then, it's considered 'expected' by the courts. And the court will regularly rule in the plaintiff's favor. Do you know why? I'll tell you why. Because the homeowner didn't have a sign up stating 'dangerous conditions.' By law in many states, there must be a sign in the yard stating 'dangerous conditions' if there is a regularly 'expected' trespasser.

Last edited:
No evidence the call was made because the boy is black, but I guess since a white person called the police on a black person, it MUST be racism, right? You know who thinks like that? Actual racists.

Actually, it didn't even say in the article the neighbor was white and considering this city is 70% black there is a good chance they aren't.

Forum List

Back