Trump vs. Trump: President Claims He Never Said Something He Tweeted Three Days Ago

Political Junky

Gold Member
May 27, 2009
Cons won't believe their eyes.

Trump vs. Trump: President Claims He Never Said Something He Tweeted Only Three Days Ago

President Donald Trump isn’t exactly known for his consistency. But on Saturday he showed that he is happy to pretend something didn’t happen even though proving that he is wrong is as easy as going back a few days in his Twitter feed.

On Saturday, the commander in chief sent out a tweet that falsely claimed he never called on House Republicans to vote for an immigration bill. How do we know his claim was false? He had encouraged Republican lawmakers to do just that only three days earlier.

“I never pushed the Republicans in the House to vote for the Immigration Bill, either GOODLATTE 1 or 2, because it could never have gotten enough Democrats as long as there is the 60 vote threshold,” Trump tweeted.

Donald J. Trump

✔@realDonaldTrump

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1013139532290625538

I never pushed the Republicans in the House to vote for the Immigration Bill, either GOODLATTE 1 or 2, because it could never have gotten enough Democrats as long as there is the 60 vote threshold. I released many prior to the vote knowing we need more Republicans to win in Nov.

12:17 PM - Jun 30, 2018

Trump vs. Trump: President Claims He Never Said Something He Tweeted Only Three Days Ago

President Donald Trump isn’t exactly known for his consistency. But on Saturday he showed that he is happy to pretend something didn’t happen even though proving that he is wrong is as easy as going back a few days in his Twitter feed.

On Saturday, the commander in chief sent out a tweet that falsely claimed he never called on House Republicans to vote for an immigration bill. How do we know his claim was false? He had encouraged Republican lawmakers to do just that only three days earlier.

“I never pushed the Republicans in the House to vote for the Immigration Bill, either GOODLATTE 1 or 2, because it could never have gotten enough Democrats as long as there is the 60 vote threshold,” Trump tweeted.

Donald J. Trump

✔@realDonaldTrump

I never pushed the Republicans in the House to vote for the Immigration Bill, either GOODLATTE 1 or 2, because it could never have gotten enough Democrats as long as there is the 60 vote threshold. I released many prior to the vote knowing we need more Republicans to win in Nov.

:CryingCow:

Donald J. Trump

✔@realDonaldTrump

Wow, the duplicity... that's right up there with this president...

Donald J. Trump

✔@realDonaldTrump

Who are you going to believe? Me, or your lying eyes?

Forum List

Back