12-year-old black kid has police called on him for mowing a lawn

The only saving grace that we don't see it as often (or read about it, to be clear) is that most companies don't regularly hire 12 year old children to do their residential labor. It's usually licensed adult contractors who understand such things.

Last edited:
Well if they don't want other people on their property badly enough, I guess that its time for them to start fence shopping.

How do you know there isn;lt a homeowners associaion rule that states you can't have a fence?

Not only that, but in what world is someone's private property considered to be for public consumption unless there is a fnce?

Why do you hate freedom?

And god bless you, too.

Oh wait a second. You know, private property rights are God-given.

Why do you hate God?

Actually, don't even answer me. I need to get away from you with the quickness. I'm gonna mess around and get struck by a lightning bolt hanging around you. Shit.

No evidence the call was made because the boy is black, but I guess since a white person called the police on a black person, it MUST be racism, right? You know who thinks like that? Actual racists.

Where does it say that white person called police on that boy?

Oh sorry, my bad... it must be white, so it fits the racism claims.

just bc a black person who is not committing a crime gets the police called on them for a stupid reason that doesn't involve a crime
I did my best to highlight the pertinent portions of your comment above.

Maybe they should start penalizing people for abusing the 911 line similar to the way they penalize people when the police have to respond to false burgular alarms? Maybe then people would think twice about calling 911 on kids or other people who are not violating the law and are instead using the 911 emergency line as a mechanism to attempt to enforce their will over others utilizing both the threat and state powers of law enforcement officers which has been proven many times to have a racial or racist motiviation.

Racial Bias and Disparities in Proactive Policing

LAW ENFORCEMENT BY STEREOTYPES AND SERENDIPITY:
RACIAL PROFILING AND STOPS AND SEARCHES WITHOUT CAUSE

That will probably never happen. I understand the damage that can be caused by fake and/or unnecessary 911 calls, but we don’t need people to skip calling 911 bc they fear their reason isn’t legitimate enough... which I think is the precedent (a dangerous one at that) behind all this “_____ while black” narrative. If the media keeps promoting these incidents as racist without due evidence, pretty soon white people will reconsider calling for help even if it’s warranted for fear of being called racist.

People CAN be intimated by talking points. Look at the neighbors of the San Bernardino killers, for instance—they thought something strange was going on with the Middle Eastern couple but chose not to let the police know for fear of being labeled Islamophobic, racist, xenophobic, etc. Maybe if they would have notified the authorities it wouldn’t have changed anything, but we’ll never know, will we?

As usual there's a lot more to story than the LIB MSM is reporting.
What happens when a twelve year old boy has his leg chopped off from using a mower?
Twenty law suits. That's what!

There are a lot of integral factoids that partisan journalist like to leave out in order to support their narrative... Lol, wouldn't be surprised if the neighbor was a 90 yo black woman.
Yep, so can you imagine what Trump has had to deal with in these vile human beings.

The ONLY reason I could see this being a real issue and not a nutty neighbor is if the kid gets hurt.

If they are mowing the neighbors yard and come into yours and hit something, throwing it up and damaging property, or they get injured while on your property, you would be liable for all damages.

That being said, whoever called the cops is a nut case. I'd have brought the kid a coke.
Well in my neck of the woods, if I cut my yard, then I end up cutting a small portion of two of my neighbors yards as well... You see I need the area for a turn around or line up to keep my rows straight on re-entry. Never had an issue yet.

Maybe the neighbor is a racist, and didn't want the black kid on their yard at all, but if that is the case, then that is a dam shame.

The ONLY reason I could see this being a real issue and not a nutty neighbor is if the kid gets hurt.

If they are mowing the neighbors yard and come into yours and hit something, throwing it up and damaging property, or they get injured while on your property, you would be liable for all damages.

That being said, whoever called the cops is a nut case. I'd have brought the kid a coke.
Well in my neck of the woods, if I cut my yard, then I end up cutting a small portion of two of my neighbors yards as well... You see I need the area for a turn around or line up to keep my rows straight on re-entry. Never had an issue yet.

Maybe the neighbor is a racist, and didn't want the black kid on their yard at all, but if that is the case, then that is a dam shame.
The neighbour has blacker skin than the kid does.

Cleveland neighbors call police on black youth, 12, for mowing a lawn

A 12-year-old child who started his own summer lawn-mowing business had the cops called on him for doing his job.

Reginald “Reggie” Fields, who lives in the Cleveland area, started Mr. Reggie’s Lawn Cutting Service with his family, and was doing just that when police showed up to a Maple Heights neighborhood last week.

“They said I was cutting their grass. I didn’t know it,” the 12-year-old told WEWS News 5.

Neighbors apparently complained to police that Fields was cutting into their lawn, Lt. Joe Mocsiran of the Maple Heights Police Department confirmed to Fox News on Friday.​

Well he was mowing the wrong lawn. Hell he should come to my house he can mow my lawn any time he wants to. LOL

The neighbour has blacker skin than the kid does.
Makes it even more of a dam shame.

Forum List

Back