112th Congress Most Unproductive Since 1940s

Congress is not shut down by the dems, its shut down by republicans who are the party of NO. Anyone with half a brain can see that.

bitch-please.jpg

How about you make a real post responding to what I said.

He was. "half a brain"

Today, the democrats insist on out of control spending and confiscatory taxation. That is not open to compromise. After all, obama did say "I get that for free. You get nothing". That's not a term used in compromise negotiations.

We have had tax rates well in excess of what we have now and the world did not crumble around us.

Out of control spending has been added by both parties. We entered two wars and slashed taxes to pay for them, we have a military larger than the next ten countries combined, healthcare is out of control, the numbers on welfare has escalated with a down economy.

The point is that there is a middle ground. No solutions are absolute.
We have functioned forever making budget tradeoffs on taxes and spending

Why can't we do it now?

Ask oBUMa. Boehner gave him virtually what he wanted and he(oBUMa) rebuffed him. oBUMa never wanted a compromise...he wants to go over the cliff to blame Republicans.

oBUMa doesn't give a rat's ass about the country or you. You just don't get it.

What exactly did Boehner give?

He couldn't even get Republicans to support him so he went home to pout

We have had tax rates well in excess of what we have now and the world did not crumble around us.

Out of control spending has been added by both parties. We entered two wars and slashed taxes to pay for them, we have a military larger than the next ten countries combined, healthcare is out of control, the numbers on welfare has escalated with a down economy.

The point is that there is a middle ground. No solutions are absolute.
We have functioned forever making budget tradeoffs on taxes and spending

Why can't we do it now?

Ask oBUMa. Boehner gave him virtually what he wanted and he(oBUMa) rebuffed him. oBUMa never wanted a compromise...he wants to go over the cliff to blame Republicans.

I don't often answer a question with a question but with you I'll make an exception.

What did oBUMa give other than to say he "gets it for free"?

The teepotters ran on the promise of jobs. They all said they'd go to DC and work for jobs for Americans. So far, not one of them has voted on or introduced even one jobs bill.

OTOH, they've all voted on taking Constitutionally-guaranteed rights away from Americans.

They have voted on and/or introduced bills concerning women's rights, gay rights and other social issues while ignoring real problems.

Some were fired by the voters this past election and I think its likely more will be put on the unemployment line with the next election. If ANY politician refuses to work for the American constituent, fire them.

I don't often answer a question with a question but with you I'll make an exception.

What did oBUMa give other than to say he "gets it for free"?

President Obama rightfully put Boehener in his place that Republicans were not offering anything that was not happening by default.......ie he already gets that for free

What did President Obama offer? He offered to raise the tax increase threshold to $400,000 and Republicans turned up their noses to it. Now the offer is $250,000 again

Commemorative coins and post offices!!

Thank you Tea Baggers for the Do-Nothing Congress!!!
Wanna' blame Gov't for "doing nothing?" You can blame the Douche-Baggers in the Senate too. Besides, the US won't crash and burn if Congress isn't passing moronic Legislation 24/7.

In fact, the US is better off with a Congress that is all tied up, which is the intent of Separation of Powers.

Boehners only accomplishment has been to protect tax breaks for billionaires. That is what he was put there to do.

Do nothing is too kind a description for this worthless bunch. Most of the bills they managed to pass were backslapping or mundane proclamations.

We need to get Pelosi back as speaker

I thought that they were going to get rid of Obamacare. Well, they do have some time left.

Democrats have controlled 66.6% to 100% of the political leadership power over the past 6 years, their excuses are obvious and their results are dismal at best..just sayin..

Not to get discouraged. America has had some great congresses, I would nominate two for best Congresses. The first, the congress that set up the government and added the Bill of Rights. The second, the 73rd Congress, the FDR 100 day Congress, that one that passed all those recovery laws, many of which we still live with.
Today's congress has got to be the worst, it has no goal except to destroy Obama by destroying the nation. If we can again elect a responsible Congress it should take steps to correct the rules that allowed this monstrosity.

Not to get discouraged. America has had some great congresses, I would nominate two for best Congresses. The first, the congress that set up the government and added the Bill of Rights. The second, the 73rd Congress, the FDR 100 day Congress, that one that passed all those recovery laws, many of which we still live with.
Today's congress has got to be the worst, it has no goal except to destroy Obama by destroying the nation. If we can again elect a responsible Congress it should take steps to correct the rules that allowed this monstrosity.

Are you talking about a congress that would be responsible enough to reign in government spending? I would agree with you, but I don't think that's what you're talking about.

As the least productive EVER?

The 112th Congress has passed only 219 bills...which could be a 'do nothing' record. The current 'do nothing' record is held by the 104th Congress who passed 333 bills in the 1990s. Harry Truman famously ran against a 'do nothing' Congress in the 40s, the 80th Congress. They had passed over 900 bills.

So, unless the 112th passes a shitload of bills in the next few days, they will find themselves a place in the history books, but not for anything good.

Is it any wonder that under the Boehner's leadership, Congress has an approval rating below syphilis?

Yes actually reading legislation before passing it really slows things down see former speaker Pelosi we have to pass the bill so we can find out what's in it in reference to Obamacare.

112th Congress Most Unproductive Since 1940s

WASHINGTON -- As 2012 comes to a close, the 112th Congress is set to go down in American history as the most unproductive session since the 1940s.

According to a Huffington Post review of all the bills that hit President Barack Obama's desk this session, Obama has signed 219 bills passed by the 112th Congress into law. With less than a week to go in the year, there are currently another 20 bills pending presidential action. In comparison, the last Congress passed 383 bills, while the one before it passed 460.

The 104th Congress (1995-1996) currently holds the ignominious distinction of being the least productive session of Congress, according to the U.S. House Clerk's Office, which has records going back to 1947. Just 333 bills became law during that two-year period, meaning the 112th Congress needs to send nearly 100 more bills to Obama's desk in the next few days if it wants to avoid going down in history -- an unlikely prospect, considering that both chambers are squarely focused on averting the "fiscal cliff" before the new year.

The 112th Congress has done far less than the 80th Congress (1947-1948), which President Harry Truman infamously dubbed the "Do-Nothing Congress." Those lawmakers passed 906 bills that became law.

While Obama has signed several pieces of large, consequential legislation in the past two years -- such as sanctions on Iran and the National Defense Authorization Act, allowing the indefinite detention of terrorism suspects without charge -- many of the bills passed by Congress have been small and noncontroversial.

At least 40 bills, including ones awaiting Obama's signature, concerned the renaming of post offices or other public buildings. Another six dealt with commemorative coins.

Commemorative coins and post offices!!

Thank you Tea Baggers for the Do-Nothing Congress!!!
Thanks to the idiot reid.

As the least productive EVER?

The 112th Congress has passed only 219 bills...which could be a 'do nothing' record. The current 'do nothing' record is held by the 104th Congress who passed 333 bills in the 1990s. Harry Truman famously ran against a 'do nothing' Congress in the 40s, the 80th Congress. They had passed over 900 bills.

So, unless the 112th passes a shitload of bills in the next few days, they will find themselves a place in the history books, but not for anything good.

Is it any wonder that under the Boehner's leadership, Congress has an approval rating below syphilis?

Yes actually reading legislation before passing it really slows things down see former speaker Pelosi we have to pass the bill so we can find out what's in it in reference to Obamacare.

Yeah...those Post Office renaming bills are killers I hear.

Forum List

Back