112th Congress Most Unproductive Since 1940s

As the least productive EVER?

The 112th Congress has passed only 219 bills...which could be a 'do nothing' record. The current 'do nothing' record is held by the 104th Congress who passed 333 bills in the 1990s. Harry Truman famously ran against a 'do nothing' Congress in the 40s, the 80th Congress. They had passed over 900 bills.

So, unless the 112th passes a shitload of bills in the next few days, they will find themselves a place in the history books, but not for anything good.

Is it any wonder that under the Boehner's leadership, Congress has an approval rating below syphilis?

I guess it never dawned on you that Congress is made up of the House and the Senate. With the majority party being democrat. I realize that since the left has nothing positive to run on they must run down their opponents but at least interject a little bit of honesty.

Besides why is passing bills a measure of success? I think with 2/3 of the government dominated by democrats the economy is enough of an indicator that they are not too successful.

From now on, when we call something a Tea Party, we're talking about any group or organization that is a total failure do to piss poor leadership, stupidity, or lameness.

"The KC Chiefs are a real Tea Party this year."

Quality = Obamacare

Quantity = naming post offices and passing bills in the House with poison pill riders.

Pork for Christmas

"But New York Senator Chuck Schumer, who's in the lead on this, will need Republican votes to get to 60. GOP Senators John McCain and Tom Coburn have already compiled a dirty laundry list of the bill's non-Sandy spending."

The Wall Street Journal: Pork for Christmas - WSJ.com

The Tea Baggers are being lead around by their noses by Grover Norquist. They don't make a move without clearing it with him first. The amazing do nothing, mindless Congress.

Quality = Obamacare

Quantity = naming post offices and passing bills in the House with poison pill riders.

Pork for Christmas

"But New York Senator Chuck Schumer, who's in the lead on this, will need Republican votes to get to 60. GOP Senators John McCain and Tom Coburn have already compiled a dirty laundry list of the bill's non-Sandy spending."

The Wall Street Journal: Pork for Christmas - WSJ.com

Seems like a good bill all in all. They could try to pass each of these spending items one at a time but that does not seem a good use of time. Not to worry though. The bill might already be dead and no money for Sandy victims this Christmas.

"The Senate is expected to approve the relief fund Friday. But unless the House acts before the new legislative session begins at noon Thursday, the bill will die, forcing lawmakers to restart the process."

Can't say I'm surprised.
Both sides are stuck in their own ideological camps and can't see past their own party. Moderates are shunned in Congress for wanting to make compromises.

I expect it'll remain the same, too, until we get the Harry Reids and Grover Norquists out of Congress.

WASHINGTON — A bill to provide $60.4 billion in disaster aid to Northeast states ravaged by Hurricane Sandy has been quietly amended to divert some of the money to Gulf Coast states recovering from a much smaller storm.

Democrats made the changes last week to win the support of enough Republicans to guarantee Senate passage, sources told the Daily News.

The move was so last-minute that Democrats amended the measure by hand — using a pen to cross out passages and to write in the new provisions — as they scrambled to advance the bill before the Christmas break.

The changes expand the areas eligible for some of the money to include states damaged by Hurricane Isaac, which struck the Southeast in late August.

Momentum to alter the bill began building when Democrats realized they did not have the eight Republican senators needed to reach the 60 votes necessary to end a filibuster threat.

A provision providing $29.5 million “to expedite and complete ongoing flood and storm damage reduction studies” in areas impacted by Sandy was increased by $5 million and expanded to include areas affected by Hurricane Isaac.

Similarly, a $2.9 billion pot for projects “to reduce future flood risks” in areas impacted by Sandy was expanded to include areas affected by Isaac as well.

And a $100 million fund for small, economically distressed areas hit by disasters since 2011 was increased to $500 million.

Sen. Chuck Schumer (D-N.Y.) defended the changes, saying emergency appropriations like the Sandy bill often become “legislative vehicles” that cover multiple disasters.

“In this sense, the Gulf and Midwest get some help because of the vehicles, not politics,” he said.

He insisted that the changes were not the only reason the measure advanced.

Schumer said that he and other supporters of the Sandy package had made reluctant senators “aware of the breadth and depth of the destruction that New York and New Jersey faced.”

But staffers in both parties acknowledged that the handwritten tweaks were aimed at winning the votes of Republicans, especially Sen. David Vitter of Louisiana. A Vitter spokesman declined to comment.

Read more: *Some Hurricane Sandy aid diverted to Gulf Coast in D.C. deal*to gain Senate votes - NY Daily News

Republicans don't see this do-nothing Congress as unproductive, they see the gridlock, the cliff, and other economic disasters as helping the American people see the error of their ways. What were the errors of our ways? Well those errors can be found on Fox.

Republicans don't see this do-nothing Congress as unproductive, they see the gridlock, the cliff, and other economic disasters as helping the American people see the error of their ways. What were the errors of our ways? Well those errors can be found on Fox.

Let's start with reelecting oBUMa.

MSPMS...nothing more needs to be said...

Can't say I'm surprised.
Both sides are stuck in their own ideological camps and can't see past their own party. Moderates are shunned in Congress for wanting to make compromises.

I expect it'll remain the same, too, until we get the Harry Reids and Grover Norquists out of Congress.

Congress is not shut down by the dems, its shut down by republicans who are the party of NO. Anyone with half a brain can see that.

Can't say I'm surprised.

Congress is not shut down by the dems, its shut down by republicans who are the party of NO. Anyone with half a brain can see that.

bitch-please.jpg

Can't say I'm surprised.

bitch-please.jpg

How about you make a real post responding to what I said.

Can't say I'm surprised.

I'd like to believe you. No, I really would. It would be much easier to blame everything on just one party, in this case the Republicans.

"You get nothing, I get everything for free."
Obama is just as unwilling to move on anything as the Republicans are.

Forum List

Back