11 year old shoots and kills a home intruder

why is an 11 year old in charge of a 4 year old? why do they have access to a loaded gun?
why is there no sign of forced entry?

Depending on the 11 year old that is plenty old enough to keep a 4 year old off the street and well supplied with food for a couple of hours.
maybe. this one just doesn't sit well with me.

I was just talking to the mother of a friend of my daughter's the other day. She mentioned how she had begun baby sitting for money when she was 11.

We need to stop treating our adolescents like they are babies.

why is an 11 year old in charge of a 4 year old? why do they have access to a loaded gun?

Depending on the 11 year old that is plenty old enough to keep a 4 year old off the street and well supplied with food for a couple of hours.

I was just talking to the mother of a friend of my daughter's the other day. She mentioned how she had begun baby sitting for money when she was 11.

in a high breakin area? did she carry a gun while doing it?

I doubt it was a high break in area, she is a middle class white.

Carry a gun? Probably not. Though considering the time frame, there could very well have been guns in the house(s) were she was working.

Carry a gun? Probably not. Though considering the time frame, there could very well have been guns in the house(s) were she was working.
not exactly the same thing then.

not exactly the same thing then.

So, it's not the 11 year old being left in charge of a 4 year old, as per your original question.

BUT an 11 year old being left in charge in a high crime area?

Well, considering the high number of single mothers and/or two income families that live in high crime areas, I think your issue with it is unrealistic.

If the initial information is true, this kid seemed to handle it ok.

Did you see the video? There was a black woman telling a reporter that the 16 year old was doing nothing wrong and was shot in cold blood.
What is that woman drinking? What does she think is supposed to happen when someone goes into another person's home in such a way?

God bless you and the kids always!!!

Holly

P.S. "Our house is all protected by the good Lord and a gun. You might meet them both if you show up here not welcome, son!"-"Way Out Here" from country singer Josh Thompson :) :) :)

I hope this kid won't become a criminal when he grows up. Looks like he has a talent in killing he would be a good robber. Or a policeman. I don't think there is any difference now between them.

It was a matter of the kid or the thug.

The thug lost

Bless the kid.

Well said. 11 is a very mature age. I started to be trusted to babysit around that age and girls are even more mature. This boy proved he could be trusted with the adult responsibility of keeping his sister safe.

Some neighbors told the St. Louis Post-Dispatch that they witnessed the shooting and there was no break-in.

Donna Jackson told the newspaper that she saw the 11-year-old shoot the 16-year-old at point-blank range as they talked near front door.

"It was not a break-in," Jackson, 45, said. "He shot him in the head."

Jazmyne Clark, 18, who lives two doors down from the shooting, said the 11-year-old was on the front porch when he told the 16-year-old to approach him. When the 16-year-old reached the front door, the younger boy shot him, Clark said.

"He was never in the house," Clark told the newspaper. "He wasn't breaking in at all. He was just trying to sell him his phone."

Schellman said evidence indicated the shooting happened inside.

"Although we will not discuss specifics, physical evidence obtained at the scene indicates the deceased was shot while inside the residence," Schellman said in an email. He encouraged anyone with information to contact police.

Police: 11-Year-Old Fatally Shoots Intruder, 16, in Missouri

Oooh, let's watch as these partisan retards defend or attack the killer and/or burglar without having any substantial facts or evidence relating to the crime.

I swear, 3/4 of the posters on this site have IQ's of under 95.
Partisan?
Who? How?

It's a discussion board, Mensa.
We discuss the topic based on the information provided.

BTW, genius, how does an IQ own an of?
Are you a 96?

I hope this kid won't become a criminal when he grows up. Looks like he has a talent in killing he would be a good robber. Or a policeman. I don't think there is any difference now between them.

Everything about that statement was wrong.

It seems very clear that what happened is not clear. Like a tree falling in the forest. I wonder, if a black person is killed and the shooter isn't white will the MSM or the president notice? Oh, I doubt.

i wonder how long it will take child protective services to remove both kids from the home..the mother is being questioned about 1. why the 11 yr old was in charge and alone with the 4 yr old...2. why the 11 year old knew where the gun was and could access it....she will be deemed unfit for teaching her kids to protect themselves....she will be deemed unfit for allowing her son to know where a gun is and how to operate it....

you see where this is going..anti gunners would rather the 11 yr old be dead and the 4 yr old be raped than allow people to use guns to defend themselves...and kids with guns....o my that will set the off....
Do you make such stupid statments in person???

Last edited:

Well said. 11 is a very mature age. I started to be trusted to babysit around that age and girls are even more mature. This boy proved he could be trusted with the adult responsibility of keeping his sister safe.
no, he didn't.

Oooh, let's watch as these partisan retards defend or attack the killer and/or burglar without having any substantial facts or evidence relating to the crime.

I swear, 3/4 of the posters on this site have IQ's of under 95.
We're not a jury. So responding to what it known thus far conforms with the purpose of this forum, which is expressed opinion. If conflicting facts are later revealed our impressions and opinions will change and no harm will have been done.

If we were constrained to wait for conclusive evidence before commenting on every situation that arises this forum would not (could not) exist.

Forum List

Back