11 Trillion Gallons of Water Force Small Government Cons to Go Begging

State Welfare Spending Rank for 2016 - Charts

Hmmmm Which States have the most money spent on Welfare?

Shocking.
California leads the pack...........at 38.5 BILLION A YEAR on Welfare.

and who's NUMBER 2.............drum role please................
New York at 26.4 BILLION A YEAR............

:funnyface:

So what? California's economy is large enough to be admitted into the G-8, and at $2.25 trillion surpasses Brazil, making it #7 among world economies.
You manipulate your BS for the Red State Rant................

California is a leach under your rules Mr. Liberal.......................Sucking the lifeblood out of the Federal Gov't...................Those 2 states took 1/7th of the total budget for that year..............2010..............................

Bunch of Leaches.

Nonsense, California's contributions to this country's finances is what makes the world go round. Without it you would be sucking at the federal teat.
Tough shit.................they are milking the Federal Budget dry.....................Bunch of leaches.

Yet year after year California exceeds predictions passing Russia and Italy this year. LOL

CaliforniaFlag_of_Communist_.jpg

What irony that you slam an economy that does better than any other in this country. You look ridiculous doing it.

State Welfare Spending Rank for 2016 - Charts

Hmmmm Which States have the most money spent on Welfare?

Shocking.
California leads the pack...........at 38.5 BILLION A YEAR on Welfare.

and who's NUMBER 2.............drum role please................
New York at 26.4 BILLION A YEAR............

:funnyface:

So what? California's economy is large enough to be admitted into the G-8, and at $2.25 trillion surpasses Brazil, making it #7 among world economies.
You manipulate your BS for the Red State Rant................

California is a leach under your rules Mr. Liberal.......................Sucking the lifeblood out of the Federal Gov't...................Those 2 states took 1/7th of the total budget for that year..............2010..............................

Bunch of Leaches.

Nonsense, California's contributions to this country's finances is what makes the world go round. Without it you would be sucking at the federal teat.
Tough shit.................they are milking the Federal Budget dry.....................Bunch of leaches.

Yet year after year California exceeds predictions passing Russia and Italy this year. LOL
How's the water...............

I say come up with the money yourselves and prove your point. Can't be that hard could it? Why not close DMV offices in black districts, or cut SNAP benefits? Surely these smart people have an answer that precludes asking for help, what were they going to do if something happened before this?

"There's a peculiar irony occurring in South Carolina as the state gets hammered by historic floods and its GOP "small-government" conservatives, who fervently despise the federal government, are now begging the "big, bloated" feds for desperately needed disaster relief.

Presidential contender and South Carolina Senator Lindsey Graham, as well as most of the South Carolina legislative delegation, voted against the Hurricane Sandy disaster relief bill not too long ago. Of course, now that Sen. Graham's folks need help, he is pressing for the quick release of federal dollars.

When asked about why he voted against disaster relief for those affected by Hurricane Sandy, Graham suddenly developed a rare form of conveniently timed legislative amnesia.

Hopefully, the people of South Carolina won't suffer the same apathetic procrastination that first responders got when they requested help after being diagnosed with a myriad of lung ailments during the years following 9/11 in New York.

Conservative politicians seem to love heroes, but don't appear to like helping them after their heroic acts. It's reminiscent of how conservative hawks love to go to war, but don't like funding the Veteran's Administration.

Helping people in need, especially during disasters, has traditionally been seen as an appropriate and expected role for the federal government. Well, until the GOP hard-liners decided that vilifying the federal government should be the new national pastime; just as they've fought hard to gerrymander districts to ensure that they get voted into the very institution they swear they hate." Hating the federal government is 'cool' until you need help

Do you mean to say that conservative South Carolinians may actually want federal disaster relief? Say it ain't so.

The irony, of course, is that SC has traditionally underfunded its own infrastructure which means any damage is bound to be even more crippling to the population and the economy. But surely they people (and their state representatives) will tell Obama and the feds to butt out of their business and let SC handle the problem themselves.

I am perfectly willing to provide South Carolina with Disaster relief ......as long as we have the spare money in our budget

Let me check.....

Nope actually, we owe $18 trillion. Maybe when that is paid off we can help South Carolina. Until then, maybe they can use private charities

I'm willing to pay your Social Security check as long as we have the spare money in our budget

Let me check.....

Nope actually, we owe $18 trillion. Maybe when that is paid off you can get a Social Security check. Until then, maybe you can use private charities

Sorry people pay into Social Security.....NOBODY pays so South Carolina can freeload off the taxpayer
I live in NJ...how is South Carolina my problem?
Let them pay for their own flooding. Not our problem

People also pay taxes for stuff like FEMA. Your belief that rich liberals in New York and New Jersey are entitled to FEMA money is hypocritical, callous, and mean spirited.

Furthermore, SS benefits have no direct tie with your contributions. There is no fund set aside with your money in it. It's all spent the minute the government receives it. Just like FEMA money, SS checks are taken directly from the general fund.

FEMA is for pussies

A responsible state like South Carolina should pay their own way
What are they a bunch of freeloaders?

So New York and New Jersey aren't responsible states? Are the populated by a bunch of free loaders?

I say come up with the money yourselves and prove your point. Can't be that hard could it? Why not close DMV offices in black districts, or cut SNAP benefits? Surely these smart people have an answer that precludes asking for help, what were they going to do if something happened before this?

"There's a peculiar irony occurring in South Carolina as the state gets hammered by historic floods and its GOP "small-government" conservatives, who fervently despise the federal government, are now begging the "big, bloated" feds for desperately needed disaster relief.

Presidential contender and South Carolina Senator Lindsey Graham, as well as most of the South Carolina legislative delegation, voted against the Hurricane Sandy disaster relief bill not too long ago. Of course, now that Sen. Graham's folks need help, he is pressing for the quick release of federal dollars.

When asked about why he voted against disaster relief for those affected by Hurricane Sandy, Graham suddenly developed a rare form of conveniently timed legislative amnesia.

Hopefully, the people of South Carolina won't suffer the same apathetic procrastination that first responders got when they requested help after being diagnosed with a myriad of lung ailments during the years following 9/11 in New York.

Conservative politicians seem to love heroes, but don't appear to like helping them after their heroic acts. It's reminiscent of how conservative hawks love to go to war, but don't like funding the Veteran's Administration.

Helping people in need, especially during disasters, has traditionally been seen as an appropriate and expected role for the federal government. Well, until the GOP hard-liners decided that vilifying the federal government should be the new national pastime; just as they've fought hard to gerrymander districts to ensure that they get voted into the very institution they swear they hate." Hating the federal government is 'cool' until you need help

Do you mean to say that conservative South Carolinians may actually want federal disaster relief? Say it ain't so.

The irony, of course, is that SC has traditionally underfunded its own infrastructure which means any damage is bound to be even more crippling to the population and the economy. But surely they people (and their state representatives) will tell Obama and the feds to butt out of their business and let SC handle the problem themselves.

I want all the government benefits I'm legally entitled to. That doesn't mean I'm going to stop agitating to end these programs.

What irony that you slam an economy that does better than any other in this country. You look ridiculous doing it.
No...............I'm simply posting like your BS thread.............

When are California and New York gonna stop sucking on the Gov't's tits.....................

California ranks 42nd in terms of unemployment at 6.1%. That means 41 states have a lower unemployment rate. So how is California doing "better than any other state in this country?"

Because it has a $2.25 trillion GDP and is the seventh largest economy in the world. New jobs are being created everyday, by this time next year it will all be a memory.

I am perfectly willing to provide South Carolina with Disaster relief ......as long as we have the spare money in our budget

Let me check.....

Nope actually, we owe $18 trillion. Maybe when that is paid off we can help South Carolina. Until then, maybe they can use private charities

Don't worry. We are taking care of our own. Next time the Liberal shithole you live in has a problem, you simply die off and go away.
Glad to hear that

So I guess we can ignore those requests for federal aid

Let me check.....

Don't worry. We are taking care of our own. Next time the Liberal shithole you live in has a problem, you simply die off and go away.
Glad to hear that

When all those in Louisiana give back what they received after Katrina.

I want all the government benefits I'm legally entitled to. That doesn't mean I'm going to stop agitating to end these programs.

It would be helpful if you wrote your reps and asked them to keep their pork out of it then.

Let me check.....

Glad to hear that

When all those in Louisiana give back what they received after Katrina.

There is an active repayment program and a lot of complaints about paying it.

Kewl, let's kill about half of the federal government and leave that money in the States, then they will have the resources to take care of things like this. Of course big government stateist like you will never go along with that.

No they wouldn't.

Oh, OK, how could I argue with such a convincing rebuttal. LMAO

South Carolina is not only a "gimme" state in terms of taxation, it DEPENDS of the US government in terms of military contracts.

Military Contract Manufacturing in South Carolina (SC) on ThomasNet.com

They also have Military Bases.

South Carolina Military Bases | MilitaryBases.com

When the sequester was about to hit the Military? The GOP scrambled to get a "deal" going.

Why? It was going to crater their economies.

So you want to hold States responsible for federal military spending, which is the primary function of the feds, common defense?

Hold?

Dude.

These guys BEG for this spending. The whole military industrial complex is geared to funnel tax payer money to the hands of private interests.

These guys get obscenely wealthy on this cash.

That's in addition to the jobs that the spending provides.

Ain't capitalism great! If you think blue States don't beg for military bases and military contracts you're dreaming.

No they wouldn't.

Oh, OK, how could I argue with such a convincing rebuttal. LMAO

South Carolina is not only a "gimme" state in terms of taxation, it DEPENDS of the US government in terms of military contracts.

Military Contract Manufacturing in South Carolina (SC) on ThomasNet.com

They also have Military Bases.

South Carolina Military Bases | MilitaryBases.com

When the sequester was about to hit the Military? The GOP scrambled to get a "deal" going.

Why? It was going to crater their economies.

So you want to hold States responsible for federal military spending, which is the primary function of the feds, common defense?

Hold?

Dude.

These guys BEG for this spending. The whole military industrial complex is geared to funnel tax payer money to the hands of private interests.

These guys get obscenely wealthy on this cash.

That's in addition to the jobs that the spending provides.

Ain't capitalism great! If you think blue States don't beg for military bases and military contracts you're dreaming.

Again you're grabbing at straws. Many military installations are necessary because of geography especially where Navy and Air Force and Marines are indicated.

Kewl, let's kill about half of the federal government and leave that money in the States, then they will have the resources to take care of things like this. Of course big government stateist like you will never go along with that.

Wrong, I'm looking for a reasonable explanation why they went unprepared. Big talk, no action, is what I'm seeing and I'd like to know why Or is it just normal to refuse federal help and leave millions of people dangling because a politician wanted to make a point?

Why weren't these morons prepared?

Feds Give $150 Million To Help California With Drought

THEY BITCHIN AGAINST BIG GOV'T BUBS?

YOUR LINK

"The U.S. Department of Agriculture is providing $150 million to help California deal with the on-going drought.

Most of the money, about $130 million, will pay for federal agency watershed restoration projects in the Sierra Nevada.

The Sierra snowpack usually provides water during the spring and summer, but the snow had already melted by late-May this year.

The U.S. Forest Service and Natural Resources Conservation Service, will do the restoration work, which is intended to reduce wildfire risk and improve water quality and wildlife habitat"

LOL

No, theyre not. They want more from the feds. I saw it in the san francisco bay project and that was just a microcosm of the state.

AGAIN:

THEY BITCHIN AGAINST BIG GOV'T BUBS?

YOUR LINK

"The U.S. Department of Agriculture is providing $150 million to help California deal with the on-going drought.

Most of the money, about $130 million, will pay for federal agency watershed restoration projects in the Sierra Nevada.

The people there still pay taxes they have no choice in that so they deserve help with money they've paid in for centuries.

Republican-leaning states get more in federal dollars than they pay in taxes.

Of the twenty worst states, 16 are either Republican dominated or conservative states. Let's go through the top twenty.

• New Mexico: $2.03
  • Mississippi: $2.02
  • Alaska: $1.84
  • Louisiana: $1.78
  • West Virginia: $1.76
  • North Dakota: $1.68
  • Alabama: $1.66
  • South Dakota: $1.53
  • Kentucky: $1.51
  • Virginia: $1.51
  • Montana: $1.47
  • Hawaii: $1.44
  • Maine: $1.41
  • Arkansas: $1.41
  • Oklahoma: $1.36
  • South Carolina: $1.35
  • Missouri: $1.32
  • Maryland: $1.30
  • Tennessee: $1.27
  • Idaho: $1.21
Does anyone else notice the overwhelming presence of northern "rugged individualist" states, like Alaska, the Dakotas and Montana, along with most of the South? Why it's almost like there's a pattern here or something.

Red States Are Welfare Queens
First of all who knows if that's a real list. Anyone can make up list.

Second, Lindsey graham is an idiot. I wish he would retire and shut up.

LMAOROG.. Real???

The Sandy bill was January of 2013, so for almost three years these small government cons didn't do a single thing to prepare their state for disaster. That's what I'm getting to and I would like someone to tell me why would they refuse aid and then do nothing for three years?

And how many billions flowed into the welfare states of NY & NJ???? Shit, without massive federal $$ they couldn't even keep the buses running because the bloated bureaucracies would mandate a $30 bus fare to get from Times Square to Houston Street... and of course New Yorker's would never pay for that themselves, so we all have to subsidize it.

" how many billions flowed into the welfare states of NY & NJ????"

2015’s States Most & Least Dependent on the Federal Government

Rank(1 = least dependent) Return on Taxpayer Investment

1) New Jersey $0.48

20 New York $0.58

LMAOROG

No...............I'm simply posting like your BS thread.............

When are California and New York gonna stop sucking on the Gov't's tits.....................

California ranks 42nd in terms of unemployment at 6.1%. That means 41 states have a lower unemployment rate. So how is California doing "better than any other state in this country?"

Because it has a $2.25 trillion GDP and is the seventh largest economy in the world. New jobs are being created everyday, by this time next year it will all be a memory.

"Doing better" means having a lower unemployment rate.

The Sandy bill was January of 2013, so for almost three years these small government cons didn't do a single thing to prepare their state for disaster. That's what I'm getting to and I would like someone to tell me why would they refuse aid and then do nothing for three years?

And how many billions flowed into the welfare states of NY & NJ???? Shit, without massive federal $$ they couldn't even keep the buses running because the bloated bureaucracies would mandate a $30 bus fare to get from Times Square to Houston Street... and of course New Yorker's would never pay for that themselves, so we all have to subsidize it.

" how many billions flowed into the welfare states of NY & NJ????"

Rank(1 = least dependent) Return on Taxpayer Investment

1) New Jersey $0.48

20 New York $0.58

LMAOROG
Do you have a source, or are we just supposed to trust you?

Forum List

Back