11 things the Bible bans, but you do anyway

6193453895_5788e7ebf6_z.jpg

Is there a reason you're trying to cut me out from the flock, home skillet?

Funny you should call me that... its my nickname because I do the cooking at offroading functions :lol:

Making fun of christianity is a sport to liberals and I find it to be stupid.

But we do make for an easy target...as in we wont kill you for it, so carry on.

I think humor helps us take ourselves less seriously. I like the phrase, "Let's put the fun back in fundamentalism".

:lol::lol::lol:

Funny you should call me that... its my nickname because I do the cooking at offroading functions :lol:

I think humor helps us take ourselves less seriously. I like the phrase, "Let's put the fun back in fundamentalism".

Rather than "We put the 'fun' in 'Dysfunctional!'"
You are just dysfunctional.

Let's put the fun back in being dysfunctional! Can't we laugh at ourselves with that one too? Hell, I'd award myself class clown for that one!

Last edited:

Let's put the fun back in being dysfunctional! Can't we laugh at ourselves with that one too? Hell, I'd award myself class clown for that one!

Yup! My mom once said I used my humor as a defense mechanism. Oh, here's the thing. Maybe if you stopped ATTACKING ME! I wouldn't need to defend myself.

Oops, flashback.

Carry on.

;)

Its always easy to poke fun at us christians isn't it?
That is because people with low intelligence have nothing better to do. The Boophead is so ignorant.

Quite the contrary... she is very intelligent, and a friend. Try to be a grown up next time and bring something to the table.

I am honored to call you friend. There are some amazing people on this site - we just need to keep our eyes and hearts open.

You call me friend, right? Maybe stop and think about what's going on here.

Fair enough guys, but why not put it in humor section or maybe flame zone or rubber room?
Just seems to be a jab at christians and their beliefs.

I promise... Im not whining. Just curious why is all.

I didn't take this thread as a jab toward Christians. I should know since I've jabbed Christians plenty. (Please pray that's in the past permanently).

I think having humor in the religion section helps lighten the place up. I don't think BDBoop in anyway intended this thread to be malicious. It seems more a good natured poke.

There are some things that appear in religion that are funny. Usually those are things that no one really believes anymore but were once a part of belief in a serious way.

I don't think BD intended this thread to be malicious, I was just stating an opinion on the humor aspect. I get it, its funny to a certain degree. Especially the hair shit...

Like I said, didn't mean to seem whiney.... just struck a nerve.

Now this.... this is comedy gold :lol:

jesussaves0vf.gif

That is because people with low intelligence have nothing better to do. The Boophead is so ignorant.

Quite the contrary... she is very intelligent, and a friend. Try to be a grown up next time and bring something to the table.

I am honored to call you friend. There are some amazing people on this site - we just need to keep our eyes and hearts open.

but...but...Infidel is an Evil Conservative!!!!!! :eek:

(He even admits it!!!!! :eek:)

Fair enough guys, but why not put it in humor section or maybe flame zone or rubber room?

I didn't take this thread as a jab toward Christians. I should know since I've jabbed Christians plenty. (Please pray that's in the past permanently).

I think having humor in the religion section helps lighten the place up. I don't think BDBoop in anyway intended this thread to be malicious. It seems more a good natured poke.

There are some things that appear in religion that are funny. Usually those are things that no one really believes anymore but were once a part of belief in a serious way.

The word of God, KING JAMES version. I always wonder what might have been cut out or added in to please the King...

but...but...Infidel is an Evil Conservative!!!!!! :eek:

(He even admits it!!!!! :eek:)

I thought you were calling Infidel Conservative's sock and I thought "Oh, well; I friended him, too." ;)

I always believe that we are better off when we can laugh at jokes about ourselves. I know we're more secure in our beliefs when we can laugh when we are the brunt of jokes.

But, BDBoop brings up a great subject. Many of us are more than willing to condemn someone else for their sins i.e. the homosexual, but damn you to hell if you try to take away my bacon... or lobster or what have you.

BTW: I disagree with Peach174's statement about the OT laws. They are as damning today as they were when they were given. We are sinners because we ignore them. We are condemned because we ignore them. We are forgiven because Christ paid the debt for them, not because we did not ignore them.

Immie

I don't think BD intended this thread to be malicious, I was just stating an opinion on the humor aspect. I get it, its funny to a certain degree. Especially the hair shit...

Like I said, didn't mean to seem whiney.... just struck a nerve.

Now this.... this is comedy gold :lol:

jesussaves0vf.gif

And

goalie_jesus_saves_t_shirt-p235738206474207915zvjid_400.jpg

11 Things The Bible Bans, But You Do Anyway - 11Points.com

So I thought it'd be a good time to find a bunch of stuff that the Bible bans... stuff that's a lot LESS convenient. Don't worry, though... just because I'm pointing it out, that doesn't mean you now have to follow it. It's a lot easier to keep discriminating against gay people for no particular reason than to stop eating bacon, after all.

Here are 11 things that are technically banned by the Bible. (All quotes are translations from the New American Standard Bible, but, because I'm actually trying to maintain serious journalistic integrity here, I cross-referenced several other translations to make sure I wasn't missing the point.)

There shouldn't be a thread because HEY! It's the Bible and everybody knows it's just like the Pope.

/thread

The old laws are abolished.
We follow the new law through faith, that Jesus is real and that we still obey the moral and ethical laws and the ten commandments.

Galatians 3:23-25

English Standard Version (ESV)

23 Now before faith came, we were held captive under the law, imprisoned until the coming faith would be revealed. 24 So then, the law was our guardian until Christ came, in order that we might be justified by faith. 25 But now that faith has come, we are no longer under a guardian.

Which means what, exactly?

Discrimination against homosexuals is no longer biblically justified, however subjective and irrelevant in the first place.

Forum List

Back