11 things the Bible bans, but you do anyway

Who is it 'helping' exactly? Too funny... :lol:

Who is this thread helping? Everyone. It helps to lighten up. It helps us all to not take every thread seriously.

Do you feel harmed by this thread? If so, why?

You mistake me for a fool sky, not very 'nice' of you. It wasn't meant to be 'light' or 'funny' but whatever makes you happy dear. ;)

Who is this thread helping? Everyone. It helps to lighten up. It helps us all to not take every thread seriously.

You mistake me for a fool sky, not very 'nice' of you. It wasn't meant to be 'light' or 'funny' but whatever makes you happy dear. ;)

I'm sorry you feel that way. I don't think of you as a fool. I know BDBoop as a person with strong faith and a good sense of humor. Surely you don't believe every single word in the Bible, do you?

Don't look at every thread about some topic as personally out to getcha. No need to troll the religion section convinced someone is trying to insult you personally every day.

Last edited:
The point being, if you are going to find some Bible bans (in the Old Testament) silly, you should also find the ban against homosexuality silly. If eating bacon is normal, so is same sex marriage.

I'm sorry you feel that way. I don't think of you as a fool. I know BDBoop as a person with strong faith and a good sense of humor. Surely you don't believe every single word in the Bible, do you?

Don't look at every thread about some topic as personally out to getcha. No need to troll the religion section convinced someone is trying to insult you personally every day.

:lol: you never disappoint sky...

It wasn't meant to be funny? Sam failed miserably then!

11 Points is a collection of exhaustively-researched, meticulously-written, theoretically-humorous 11-item lists, covering topics ranging from TV and movies to the Internet and video games to food and dating to politics and race relations.

It's all written by Sam Greenspan, a Midwest-born, classically-trained journalist who now tries to make a dollar out of 15 cents in Los Angeles. (It's hard to be legit and still pay the rent.)

The point being, if you are going to find some Bible bans (in the Old Testament) silly, you should also find the ban against homosexuality silly. If eating bacon is normal, so is same sex marriage.

I think it's safe to say that people can question the Bible.

Yes, honey. When those are the only tools in your arsenal, by all means, keep pointing and laughing.

I'd still like to know if you'd be able to keep up the snit-n-snark fest in the middle of a praise & worship service.

I'm glad you think so. You're so deadly serious about yourself. I would hate to miss an opportunity to remind you to lighten up.

What do you do for fun?

So I thought it'd be a good time to find a bunch of stuff that the Bible bans... stuff that's a lot LESS convenient. Don't worry, though... just because I'm pointing it out, that doesn't mean you now have to follow it. It's a lot easier to keep discriminating against gay people for no particular reason than to stop eating bacon, after all.

Here are 11 things that are technically banned by the Bible. (All quotes are translations from the New American Standard Bible, but, because I'm actually trying to maintain serious journalistic integrity here, I cross-referenced several other translations to make sure I wasn't missing the point.)

Yeah that sounds like the intent was to be 'funny'.. don't worry I'm sure most are fooloish enough to buy your bs.. ;)

Making fun of christianity is a sport to liberals and I find it to be stupid.

I think she's more making a point than making fun.

It's a legitimate question - if the Bible is the moral authority to oppose gay marriage, why do we not use the Bible to oppose, say, eating shellfish?

Not only that but every time someone pulls out the Old Leviticus verses, they completely ignore the fact that as those verses head into The Book of Numbers, and I point out hey look here we have a Priest who is giving a female cheating spouse a drink of "bitter water" to make her abdomen swell and miscarry a pregnancy. The sound of crickets can be heard for miles... Does God advocate or condone abortion in the Bible or doesn't he???

Not sure how Christians can spin away a divorce. It is pretty obvious what God's opinion is.

FTA:
Divorce. The Bible is very clear on this one: No divorcing. You can't do it. Because when you marry someone, according to Mark 10:8, you "are no longer two, but one flesh." And, Mark 10:9 reads, "What therefore God has joined together, let no man separate."

I'm still waiting to see an answer to this, rather than deflection.

But it's Monday, and I'll be here all week. Surely someone will say "Well, I've been married to the same person all along, and I should only be addressing my own issues."

Then I can point out that if nothing else, go with that. If you honestly believe you shouldn't be eating shellfish or a human of the same gender, AND you honor all the rest of it, that's a different discussion. But if you're cherry-picking Bible verses to foment bigotry, then you don't have a Biblical leg to stand on.

So I thought it'd be a good time to find a bunch of stuff that the Bible bans... stuff that's a lot LESS convenient. Don't worry, though... just because I'm pointing it out, that doesn't mean you now have to follow it. It's a lot easier to keep discriminating against gay people for no particular reason than to stop eating bacon, after all.

Here are 11 things that are technically banned by the Bible. (All quotes are translations from the New American Standard Bible, but, because I'm actually trying to maintain serious journalistic integrity here, I cross-referenced several other translations to make sure I wasn't missing the point.)

Yeah that sounds like the intent was to be 'funny'.. don't worry I'm sure most are fooloish enough to buy your bs.. ;)

The intent was a light heart. Why not just have fun with us. No one is disrespecting you.

Do you worry about tatoos and round haircuts because the Bible condemns them?

Surely not.

Why can't you also laugh at the silliness of condemning round haircuts?

Last edited:

You sure do work hard on your 'bitter old hag' persona, don't you?

Yes, honey. When those are the only tools in your arsenal, by all means, keep pointing and laughing.

I'd still like to know if you'd be able to keep up the snit-n-snark fest in the middle of a praise & worship service.

Are you judging me? :eek: have I done something I should be ashamed of? I think my fellow church goers would be proud to know that a lie was exposed... ;)

The intent was a light heart. Why not just have fun with us. No one is disrespecting you.

Do you worry about tatoos and round haircuts because the Bible condemns them?

Surely not.

8,000,000 kids have left the church. She haz a sad because she's going to stay and fight - but she's lonely.

Are you judging me? :eek: have I done something I should be ashamed of? I think my fellow church goers would be proud to know that a lie was exposed... ;)

So you're saying you attend a church full of judgmental hypocrites?

See, I could never behave badly in praise & worship. Maybe they'd be proud of you - but I could never maintain a good head of steam in the presence of Christ.

Is it a lie that round haircuts and tatoos are condemned in the Bible? Aren't those things kind of silly now?

Why does this thread threaten your faith? I would think your faith is strong, isn't it?

These are silly rules that no one follows anymore.

No one wrote to YOU specifically or attacked you at all. Can't you relax and enjoy us? We're all friends here.

Last edited:

I'm glad you think so. You're so deadly serious about yourself. I would hate to miss an opportunity to remind you to lighten up.

What do you do for fun?

Well I don't get my jollies from disrespecting others and their beliefs... sorry but I don't see that as 'fun' the way you and your friends apparently do.

Is there a reason you're trying to cut me out from the flock, home skillet?

Funny you should call me that... its my nickname because I do the cooking at offroading functions :lol:

Making fun of christianity is a sport to liberals and I find it to be stupid.

But we do make for an easy target...as in we wont kill you for it, so carry on.

I think humor helps us take ourselves less seriously. I like the phrase, "Let's put the fun back in fundamentalism".

There are innumerable reasons justifying you taking yourself less seriously.

What do you do for fun?

Well I don't get my jollies from disrespecting others and their beliefs... sorry but I don't see that as 'fun' the way you and your friends apparently do.

Oh, sure ya do! You fell back on "pointing and laughing" the minute that "THUS SAITH THE LORD!" didn't work on our heathen asses.

By the way; when your fellow attenders think you showed us a thing or two, by golly!!! - any of 'em on their second, third or fourth marriage?

Forum List

Back