100 Facts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by wonderwench
The only difference you provided was one of race. I provided a context of character - which is what really matters.

Can't answer a fair question?

Here I'll give you a question that you would ask,

Would you rather your daughter date a guy who would rape and kill her. or a guy that would'nt?

Duh? What do you think?

Here's the difference between you and me. I don't assume that the first guy is black and the second one is white. I would wish my daughter to find out about the character of a potential date before becoming involved so that she would avoid creeps of all flavors.

Excellent post

What bothers me most is when you post something about a race you are automatically labelled racist. It's hilarious and disgusting at the same time. It's all liberal thinking. I know nobody has said it but sometimes it has been implied. Keep up the debate but if you label racists you are no better than the racist because you judge based on an attribute. That fact is eerily similar to discrimination. I bring this up because the tension of this debate seems quite heavy.

And this is from the person concerned about Moral Relativism.

Judging someone a bigot based upon the voluntary words and actions of that person is far from claiming that a black man is a criminal just because of his ethnic make-up.

See the difference?

BTW, everyone makes judgements. It's pretty hard to live without assessing whether or not other people one encounters are to be trusted. Do you lock your door at night?

And this is from the person concerned about Moral Relativism.

Judging someone a bigot based upon the voluntary words and actions of that person is far from claiming that a black man is a criminal just because of his ethnic make-up.

See the difference?

Say it right,

Black men are more prone to violent behaviour because they have higher levels of testosterone. This also why they are better athletes, and have big ones to satisfy Wonderwench.

See the difference?

WARNING, THIS POST CONTAINS SARCASM! BEWARE!

Big D wishes he had a Big One to satisfy Wonderwench.

I'm already married, but thanks for thinking of me.

Perhaps you can hook up with him instead.

I'm already married, but thanks for thinking of me.

Perhaps you can hook up with him instead.

To violent for me.

Ahhhh...You prefer a gentle white man.

I hear Jim Neighbors is single again.

Ahhhh...You prefer a gentle white man.

I here Jim Neighbors is single again.

I am married myself.

But if I was gay, I would take Jim over James any day.

And that is based upon the fact that Jim is not violent and James is.

See - actions and character instead of race. Is it really that difficult to grasp?

See - actions and character instead of race. Is it really that difficult to grasp?

It, apparently, is beyond Big d's grasp.

That would be great, if we were all able to know somthing about each person in the world before we met them as is the case with Jim and James, but thats not reality.

reality isnt in your vocabulary Big D, seeming as how you are pre-judging people due to their color. you also seem to suffer from some sort of phobia towards black people...calling em as I see em..:cof:

Pre-judging is a sign of intelligence,
Here's an example: Suppose leaving your workplace you see a full-grown tiger standing outside the door. Most people would endeavor to leave the area in great dispatch. That prediction isn't all that interesting, but the question why is. Is your decision to run based on any detailed information about that particular tiger, or is it based on tiger folklore and how you've seen other tigers behaving? It's probably the latter.

You simply pre-judge that tiger; you stereotype him. If you didn't pre-judge and stereotype that tiger, you'd endeavor to obtain more information, like petting him on the head and doing other friendly things to determine whether he's dangerous. Most people would quickly calculate that the likely cost of an additional unit of information about the tiger exceeds any benefit and wouldn't bother to seek additional information. In other words, all they need to know is he's a tiger.

Originally posted by Big D
Here's an example: Suppose leaving your workplace you see a full-grown tiger standing outside the door. Most people would endeavor to leave the area in great dispatch. That prediction isn't all that interesting, but the question why is. Is your decision to run based on any detailed information about that particular tiger, or is it based on tiger folklore and how you've seen other tigers behaving? It's probably the latter.

You simply pre-judge that tiger; you stereotype him. If you didn't pre-judge and stereotype that tiger, you'd endeavor to obtain more information, like petting him on the head and doing other friendly things to determine whether he's dangerous. Most people would quickly calculate that the likely cost of an additional unit of information about the tiger exceeds any benefit and wouldn't bother to seek additional information. In other words, all they need to know is he's a tiger.

First of all ya start runnin' and the tiger will turn you into lunch (or dinner or breakfast depending on the time of day).

But the real issue is as to whether or not ones pre-judgement is valid. It the case of a tiger sitting outside one's workplace, it would be prudent to make a safe retreat. The pre-judgement would be valid

One can make pre-judgements about other humans based upon racial stereotypes but those stereo-types, already being the product of faulty reasoning and false conclusions are flawed, at best.

As, I might add, is your reasoning

Originally posted by Bullypulpit
First of all ya start runnin' and the tiger will turn you into lunch (or dinner or breakfast depending on the time of day).

But the real issue is as to whether or not ones pre-judgement is valid. It the case of a tiger sitting outside one's workplace, it would be prudent to make a safe retreat. The pre-judgement would be valid

One can make pre-judgements about other humans based upon racial stereotypes but those stereo-types, already being the product of faulty reasoning and false conclusions are flawed, at best.

As, I might add, is your reasoning

What is so flawed about the fact that:

Black males commit over 50% of ALL murders in the U.S.
Black males commit over 60% of ALL violent crime in the U.S.
Black males commit over 45% of ALL rapes in the U.S.

Black males are only 6% of the U.S population.

Would it be wrong for anyone to make prejudgements about blacks with those facts in mind?
To not do so would be ignorant.

Originally posted by Big D

A tiger is an animal acting on instinct with no concept of morality.

A human being is capable of conceptual thought, has free will and value system.

One can be pretty sure that a tiger will attack - one cannot say the same about a human unless one views humans as animals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back