10 states have opted out...................

If the Federal Government can ignore Immigration Law in Arizona, then the States should be able to ignore Federal Law as well.

If the States can't afford this then what?
If the States can opt out without fear of retribution from the Obama regime.....
Maybe this huge win for Obama doesn't have too many teeth...
Looking forward to Princess Nancy tomorrow on Meet the Press....

I wonder if she will be basking in the afterglow...

Hey what the F...do I know.
I am barely fit enough to be allowed to walk this earth in the
presence of Liberal Democrats who are so vastly superior in their intellect...

Let them get back to us on this.
I'm sure Rachel Maddow
or Lawrence O'Donnell or even the bottom of the food chain in the Democrat party
Ed Schultz can splain this.

If the States can opt out without fear of retribution from the Obama regime.....

I'm sure Rachel Maddow
or Lawrence O'Donnell or even the bottom of the food chain in the Democrat party

Don't count on it.

Gonna be the same as the stimulas. GOPers make a lot of noise for a while, then when it is time for the money to be handed out, they are in line with their hands out. Red states exist on the federal charity of the blue states.

The states are opting out of the Medicaid expansion issue that has now become optional when the court ruled the fed can't threaten states with loss of funding.

This expansion involved those 30M people without insurance who were something like 112% above poverty level that the feds wanted states to add to their current rolls. In 3 years the states would have become responsible for a huge new expense to cover the costs.

It is basically this issue that caused 26 states to sue the government.

The more states that opt out, the higher the costs on the American people who will have to cover this unexpected cost to the feds. Either that or we watch the deficit explode.

And when the CBO brings out their new analysis, we should be able to see the true impact of this monstrously bad bill.

Guess you don't understand the topic of conversation, do ya?

This ain't about blue or red states. This ain't about money being handed out. This is about states who do not wish to add an additional huge financial burden to their already shaky financial situation by adding even more people to Medicaid.

So tell me, do you really think CA, that big blue state to the west, will be kicking the door down trying to add more people to their welfare rolls?

Take a nap, dude. Maybe it'll clear the cobwebs.

The state are foolish because according to Jilly, the Federal government has tons of cash to pick up the costs

In this case the states actually have a say and can legally ignore it.

On the immigration issue, I'm not so sure.

Gonna be the same as the stimulas. GOPers make a lot of noise for a while, then when it is time for the money to be handed out, they are in line with their hands out. Red states exist on the federal charity of the blue states.

It will be exactly the same as the states pretending they were going to refuse stimulus.

I'm sure Rachel Maddow

No that will be her weekly fix of Botox injection

Do you have a problem using threaded mode?

Works for me..............

How hard is it to click on that one word quote? A few people here do it post to someone without quoting them and it's like they are hiding something when they won't quote a post.

And they’ll all opt back in by 2014.

No governor or state lawmaker is going to allow the poor of his state to go without health insurance with a program and funding available. It’s a political impossibility.

[The] rhetoric does not always translate to action. Many Republican governors said they would not accept funds from the 2009 stimulus package, but they ended up taking the money in the end. Three governors, in Florida, Wisconsin and Ohio, turned down money to build a high-speed rail line. Former South Carolina Gov. Mark Sanford tried to turn down federal education stimulus money, but his state Supreme Court rejected that. And former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin rejected some state energy funding, but her Legislature overruled her.

Mystery After the Health Care Ruling: Which States Will Refuse Medicaid Expansion? - ProPublica

Forum List

Back