1 MEELLION Signatures!!!!

Union members should make twice as much as people with the same job in the private sector

Government union members make 50% more than the same job in the private sector.
And where is the guy PAYING THEIR SALARIES, when they negotiate their wages?
You know, THE TAXPAYER?
We get NO SAY and no seat at the negotiation table.
Accordingly, until we do government unions should be banned.
But of course the liberals love them as that is their power base.

NO Federal govermment job can be bidded out to someone that is not already a government worker unless NO government worker applies for that job.
By union contract.

Union members should make twice as much as people with the same job in the private sector

Since when do you have a problem with anyone making as much money as they can using any legal means available?

I'm all for Unions doing to WI what they did for Detroit. I think it's time the American people got educated on how unions operate

SOOOooooo......Let me see if I have this right....

Greed is good if you want another biz jet...or a third or fourth mansion..

BUT..... greed is bad if you want to send your kids to college...

But then you are REALLY concerned about destruction..right? Who has done more harm to the economy.... Unions or the folks that just brought our country to it's economic knees?

It may be "legal" for government union members to steal as much $$ as they can from the taxpayers but when the taxpayers, THEIR EMPLOYERS, have NO say in what they make it is not right.

Since when do you have a problem with anyone making as much money as they can using any legal means available?

I'm all for Unions doing to WI what they did for Detroit. I think it's time the American people got educated on how unions operate

But then you are REALLY concerned about destruction..right? Who has done more harm to the economy.... Unions or the folks that just brought our country to it's economic knees?

Define greed.

Both. A bullet to the head kills you quicker than cigarretes but both are bad for you.

NO Federal govermment job can be bidded out to someone that is not already a government worker unless NO government worker applies for that job.
By union contract.

Oddly enough, in the company I work for, we do the same thing. A job comes open, and those working for the company have first bid if they are qualified. And we are non-union.

Free market competition for available jobs should be the practice with government sector jobs.
Why do unions oppose that?
Why do they oppose opening up those jobs to the most qualified person for the job?
Why do they INSIST that ONLY a union member that already works there get the job first, even if they are not the most qualified?

By union contract.

Oddly enough, in the company I work for, we do the same thing. A job comes open, and those working for the company have first bid if they are qualified. And we are non-union.

"If they are qualified" is not what the government sector union contract reads.
Do you have a job description mandate in your private non union company?
Take a look at that and you will see what I am talking about.

It may be "legal" for government union members to steal as much $$ as they can from the taxpayers but when the taxpayers, THEIR EMPLOYERS, have NO say in what they make it is not right.

Funny, the period in which I worked for the Forest Service, had I made about $10 less a week, I would have qualified for food stamps. And I was a soils lab tech, and ran a engineering core drill.

There are many government jobs that pay better than private jobs. And there are those that pay less. But does the government jobs pay too much, or is it that the private jobs pay too little? After all, in all too many private jobs, we have seen no real pay increases in 30 years. And the whole time the proportion of the wealth owned by the wealthiest Americans has continued to climb, while that of the working poor and middle class has declined.

Free market competition for available jobs should be the practice with government sector jobs.
Why do unions oppose that?
Why do they oppose opening up those jobs to the most qualified person for the job?
Why do they INSIST that ONLY a union member that already works there get the job first, even if they are not the most qualified?

By that I'm sure you mean...the person that will do the job for the least amount of money.

And a judge has ordered that every signature be verified which will probably take up to either June or July, and will cost the tax payers of Wisconsin an estimated NINE MILLION DOLLARS. Thanks again to the COMMUNIST UNION THUG PARTY for that. Unfortunately for the recall morons, they're going to have to throw out all their Hitler, Mickey Mouse, minors, unregistered voters, out of state and dead people signatures. The recall election may or may NOT take place. It's yet to be seen. In any case, if a reelection were to be held today, Governor Walker would no doubt be REELECTED.

How do I know, I live here. What's going on in Wisconsin is all a out of state, big union money deal. They'd like everyone to believe that all of Wisconsin is against our governor, but we're NOT. We LIKE what governor Walker has done, and we ARE the MAJORITY in Wisconsin.

Well now, I guess this summer we will find out if you are truly the majority.

Just an interesting tidbit:

Wisconsin Union Organizers Turn in One Million Signatures to Recall Scott Walker - By Christian Schneider - The Corner - National Review Online

Recall organizers are urging the GAB [Government Accountability Board] to call an election as soon as possible, presumably once 540,000 valid signatures are found. The GAB faced controversy in December when they announced that all signatures would be given the presumption of validity — meaning bogus names like “Adolph Hitler” and “Mickey Mouse” would count until challenged by Walker. Elections officials also said individuals could sign as many times as they wanted, and it would be up to Walker to weed out the extras, leading one man to brag that he signed 80 times. Today, Democrats said their signature total excludes duplicates and fraudulent names, although they conceded “some might slip through.”

I guess we'll see....

And a judge has ordered that every signature be verified which will probably take up to either June or July, and will cost the tax payers of Wisconsin an estimated NINE MILLION DOLLARS. Thanks again to the COMMUNIST UNION THUG PARTY for that. Unfortunately for the recall morons, they're going to have to throw out all their Hitler, Mickey Mouse, minors, unregistered voters, out of state and dead people signatures. The recall election may or may NOT take place. It's yet to be seen. In any case, if a reelection were to be held today, Governor Walker would no doubt be REELECTED.

How do I know, I live here. What's going on in Wisconsin is all a out of state, big union money deal. They'd like everyone to believe that all of Wisconsin is against our governor, but we're NOT. We LIKE what governor Walker has done, and we ARE the MAJORITY in Wisconsin.
We will see...won't we?

Funny, the period in which I worked for the Forest Service, had I made about $10 less a week, I would have qualified for food stamps. And I was a soils lab tech, and ran a engineering core drill.

There are many government jobs that pay better than private jobs. And there are those that pay less. But does the government jobs pay too much, or is it that the private jobs pay too little? After all, in all too many private jobs, we have seen no real pay increases in 30 years. And the whole time the proportion of the wealth owned by the wealthiest Americans has continued to climb, while that of the working poor and middle class has declined.

Not that way anymore. Used to be that way. Not today. COLA increases. Take a look at average salaries in Federal government. Wages and benefits 50% higher than the private sector.
Let me appeal to your reason and common sense:
How smart is it for us taxpayers to allow someone else other than who ispaying these employees to negotiate their pay?
What would happen if they allowed the bosses of private sector employees and NOT the management to do this?
Government is non profit so we lose as a result of this practice.
Cato Institute: average salary of a Federal employee with benefits: $124,000.00
Average wage of a federal employee in 2009: $82,000 which is 61% higher than the average wage of a worker in the private sector at $51,000.
But get this fact verified by Factcheck: Federal employees benefit package costs over 40K a year opposed to the average benefit package in the private sector at 11K.
Anyone that supports this is not paying attention to detail.

Forum List

Back