#1 Late-night (conservative) host booted from NBC

Young people don't watch late night television. They are out living their young lives. If they want to see something they find it later on the Internet.

"fledgling network" :lmao:

NBC is actually our oldest (first) network, dating from 1926. Some of us must not get out much.

I agree with Misty. I ain't even young and that's what I do -- I got rid of my TV when it became clear that anything I want from TV I can get from the internet.

NBC is actually our oldest (first) network, dating from 1926. Some of us must not get out much.

Thanks. I was unaware of NBC's long run (sarcasm). Fifth place is fledgling. If you don't think so, well then maybe you're cut-up to be an NBC exec.

Thanks. I was unaware of NBC's long run (sarcasm). Fifth place is fledgling. If you don't think so, well then maybe you're cut-up to be an NBC exec.

Ah, so your history is fine, you're just unfamiliar with the word fledgling.
Or for that matter, cut out.

"Famously, Leno negotiates his own deals with a handshake instead of a high-powered Hollywood agent."

"NBC wants Leno to take a reduced salary for the six months he’d no longer have to work — instead of the network having to pay the contract in full, they said.
Leno, who last year took a reported $5 million pay cut to keep the network from laying off staffers, is saying no."

Nasty NBC jokes back, exit talks with Jay slump - m.NYPOST.com

Wow NBC is screwing Leno so bad.

Fledgling; I technically used it correctly. But fine, not the best word choice. And cut-out would have been a better choice too.

That's the difference between me and you. I can own-up to my shortcomings. You used shit logic and shit communication earlier and just doubled down on your stupidity :lmao:

Fledgling; I technically used it correctly. But fine, not the best word choice. And cut-out would have been a better choice too.

That's the difference between me and you. I can own-up to my shortcomings. You used shit logic and shit communication earlier and just doubled down on your stupidity :lmao:

OK, I'm double-stupid because I know what words mean and you don't. Got it. :rofl:

^^^
Nice - Tripling down on your idiocy.

Did I just criticize your vocabulary? No. I criticized your shitty communication and logic and you just demonstrated your ineptness firsthand again.

^^^

Did I just criticize your vocabulary? No. I criticized your shitty communication and logic and you just demonstrated your ineptness firsthand again.

An update: knowing what the word fledgling means while you don't is not double-stupid after all, it's "inept". Because it's my job to pander to your ignorance despite the readily-available English lexicography.

I'll try to be more ept and dumb it down to the level of fledgling brain cells. It ain't easy.

Me either, Carson was really good. Leno is really good. Yet they let them go. I do think politics plays in the decision making process.
Nah its strictly business. Lenos demographic is aging and Fallons demographic is a few years younger than Lenos plus he grabs the younger audience.

Instead of waiting for the ratings/revenue to head further south (which will eventually happen) they are taking a risk in thinking this will slow it down or at the very least level out the slipping in ratings/revenues.

That's the theory that's being floated by media (who are often paid off). But really, if you're the fifth rated network do you axe the guy who is getting number one ratings? I don't think so.

You can look at the demographics and prognosticate a decline. But really, the way it works in the biz is you cross that bridge when you come to it. You don't f with a top rated show. Otherwise you're saying they actually believe that Fallon can start-up and get number one plus some. Eh, that's just not going to happen. If anything, NBC viewers will flock b/c they're loyal to JL, not the network.

Here's the reality. Some NBC exec is showing that he can swing his dick harder. That's how it works at that fledgling network. And perhaps they're content with just being in business and not maximizing profits that they can get away with that at least at times.

Yes, they are banking on Fallon being their future rather than waiting for the Tonight Show franchise to become tarnished (declining ratings, demographic tuning into other shows etc) Its harder to get back a lost audience. Going out on top is preferable....

I'm really interested to see how this plays out.

Leno jumped the shark twenty years ago

The Tonight Show is no longer relevant. Time to shake things up and be cutting edge again

Leno jumped the shark twenty years ago

The Tonight Show is no longer relevant. Time to shake things up and be cutting edge again

Yeah, that's why his is still top rated of the five late night shows.

:lmao:

Doesn't matter

When was the last time anyone ever said.....Did you hear what Leno said last night?

His material is worn and tired

Yeah, that's why his is still top rated of the five late night shows.

:lmao:

Doesn't matter

When was the last time anyone ever said.....Did you hear what Leno said last night?

His material is worn and tired
A lot more than I hear what other night host say.

One of Leno's problems is that he will always be the one that followed Carson. I am surprised he lasted as long as he did. That is truly amazing.

^^^

An update: knowing what the word fledgling means while you don't is not double-stupid after all, it's "inept". Because it's my job to pander to your ignorance despite the readily-available English lexicography.

I'll try to be more ept and dumb it down to the level of fledgling brain cells. It ain't easy.

You're petty and cheap. I already conceded your point. But you want to beat that dead horse while ignoring my actual counter point to your latest break-down in logic and communcation.

Double stupid? I think you just went double stupid with that double retard. What are you in 5th grade?

Anyways, I don't have time for your bull shit then. If you got something to say about the topic then go for it.

Nah its strictly business. Lenos demographic is aging and Fallons demographic is a few years younger than Lenos plus he grabs the younger audience.

Instead of waiting for the ratings/revenue to head further south (which will eventually happen) they are taking a risk in thinking this will slow it down or at the very least level out the slipping in ratings/revenues.

That's the theory that's being floated by media (who are often paid off). But really, if you're the fifth rated network do you axe the guy who is getting number one ratings? I don't think so.

You can look at the demographics and prognosticate a decline. But really, the way it works in the biz is you cross that bridge when you come to it. You don't f with a top rated show. Otherwise you're saying they actually believe that Fallon can start-up and get number one plus some. Eh, that's just not going to happen. If anything, NBC viewers will flock b/c they're loyal to JL, not the network.

Here's the reality. Some NBC exec is showing that he can swing his dick harder. That's how it works at that fledgling network. And perhaps they're content with just being in business and not maximizing profits that they can get away with that at least at times.

Yes, they are banking on Fallon being their future rather than waiting for the Tonight Show franchise to become tarnished (declining ratings, demographic tuning into other shows etc) Its harder to get back a lost audience. Going out on top is preferable....

I'm really interested to see how this plays out.

"Going out on top" is not NBC's concern at all (Only JL's if he makes it his concern). Ratings is their business. Who believes that Fallon will be getting the top spot in the ratings soon? Nobody. They should've already learned their lesson with the Conan debacle. But hey; if they learned lessons, they might not be 5th place in the ratings.

Forum List

Back