#1 Late-night (conservative) host booted from NBC

TheGreatGatsby

Gold Member
Mar 27, 2012
California
Jay Leno has conservative leanings in many respects. He certainly doesn't shove his politics in people's faces like some other a-hole late night host on CBS though. He had the number one rated show and he was booted. Not saying it was cos of his politics, but they certainly didn't help. This just shows that more and more, TV execs don't give a flying f about half of their audience.

'Tonight Show': The War on Jay Leno

I didn't realize that Jay got booted. I thought that maybe he was just ready to retire from being the show host. I loved his special appearance on the Home Improvement show back in the mid 1990s. :) :) :)

God bless you and him always!!! :) :) :)

Holly

I'm not crying for Jay Leno per say. He has it made. But I am pointing out the fact that conservatives are getting a raw f'ing deal at the networks. At CBS, DL is a total ass-wipe and he's been given a life pass.

I don't think Leno was booted yet, and I would not exactly call him conservative

I don't think Leno was booted yet, and I would not exactly call him conservative

I didn't call him conservative. I said he has some conservative leanings and he definitely does. I had a college professor who was best friends with him. I heard the stories on some of his insights. I think he wisely tries not to be overt about his politics though.

I didn't call him conservative. I said he has some conservative leanings and he definitely does. I had a college professor who was best friends with him. I heard the stories on some of his insights. I think he wisely tries not to be overt about his politics though.

Ok maybe Leno has some conservative leanings.... judging from some of the cars he owns.

Ok maybe Leno has some conservative leanings.... judging from some of the cars he owns.

He was legitimately excited about Schwartznegger running for gov and not just b/c he was a celebrity. If he's like me, he now wishes that never happened.

From CK's link:

>> Leno and other hosts always have poked fun at their networks, but after the Greenblatt email conversation became public March 15, Leno launched a week's worth of pointed jabs at his employer, referring to NBC execs as "snakes" and suggesting the network would send its top star on an ill-fated Carnival cruise. <<

No broadcaster puts up with that for long.

Nice try trying to paint this as some political hatchet job. It isn't. Thanks CK.

Oh, there's also this, same article:
>> For NBC, the timing was terrible because it coincided with an embarrassing fifth-place finish during the February sweep (below Univision) <<

Somebody not long ago started a thread about that sweep, trying to imply NBC was failing because it was "leftist". And here you are claiming Leno is "rightist".
Interesting... :eusa_whistle:

Jay Leno has conservative leanings in many respects. He certainly doesn't shove his politics in people's faces like some other a-hole late night host on CBS though. He had the number one rated show and he was booted. Not saying it was cos of his politics, but they certainly didn't help. This just shows that more and more, TV execs don't give a flying f about half of their audience.

'Tonight Show': The War on Jay Leno

Jay always surprised me. I thought late night hosts were supposed to be funny. Occasionally Jay was funny, but it was more of an accident.

^^^

Actually (from another article I read), that was the main thing that the NBC execs were mad about was that he was making fun of their poor performance. That's his f'ing job to be self depricating. That's been standard practice in late night for years and that's no excuse for the execs.

As for the snakes comment, I'll need more context then that. Far beit for me to think you couldn't take something way out of context.

BTW - #1 show on a #5 network getting axed. You're making my point dude if anything.

Somebody not long ago started a thread about that sweep, trying to imply NBC was failing because it was "leftist". And here you are claiming Leno is "rightist".

When you quote words. They should be words that I actually used.

Idiot.

Idiot.

When you grow up and learn how quotes work, you'll be amazed. They can mean "so-called".

See what I just did? That's not a quote from anybody. Amazing, huh?

Hey how do you make words big? That's so cool. :cool: Definitely convincing. Definitely.

^^^

Actually (from another article I read), that was the main thing that the NBC execs were mad about was that he was making fun of their poor performance. That's his f'ing job to be self depricating. That's been standard practice in late night for years and that's no excuse for the execs.

As for the snakes comment, I'll need more context then that. Far beit for me to think you couldn't take something way out of context.

BTW - #1 show on a #5 network getting axed. You're making my point dude if anything.

"Self-deprecating" means poking fun at yourself. Not your employer.

Idiot.

When you grow up and learn how quotes work, you'll be amazed. They can mean "so-called".

See what I just did? That's not a quote from anybody. Amazing, huh?

Hey how do you make words big? That's so cool. :cool: Definitely convincing. Definitely.

Your illogical reasoning knows no bounds.

^^^

"Self-deprecating" means poking fun at yourself. Not your employer.

It's his network that he was making fun of and that is standard. Also, late-night hosts on all networks have had cart blanche to make fun of executives. I've seen it done with regularity. An exec knows that that comes with the territory. They don't get to have thin skin.

Yeah, using "conservative" as part of the headline of this thread was really a stretch. I watched Leno for decades and I've read quite a few interviews with Leno. The guy is not into politics and would be described a non-partisan. He jokes about the Big Jokes (both parties). No political stripe is sacred for Leno.
To imply any type of political leanings is just wrong.

Yeah, using "conservative" as part of the headline of this thread was really a stretch. I watched Leno for decades and I've read quite a few interviews with Leno. The guy is not into politics and would be described a non-partisan. He jokes about the Big Jokes (both parties). No political stripe is sacred for Leno.

Leno is definitely into politics. If you don't believe that then you haven't been paying attention. And he is non-partisan (mostly) by design. He doesn't want to abuse his post as an entertainer by alienating half his audience. He's a rare professional.

But were he to be overtly conservative, why would someone be scared of him? Only a loser tries to use his political persuasion to intimidate people.

Leno is definitely into politics. If you don't believe that then you haven't been paying attention. And he is non-partisan (mostly) by design. He doesn't want to abuse his post as an entertainer by alienating half his audience. He's a rare professional.

But were he to be overtly conservative, why would someone be scared of him? Only a loser tries to use his political persuasion to intimidate people.

So let's recap.
First Jay Leno is fired because of being "conservative" (OP: "Late-night (conservative) host booted from NBC"). Now you're saying he's "nonpartisan"...which doesn't explain the firing.
Which way you wanna go here? :confused:

So let's recap.
First Jay Leno is fired because of being "conservative" (OP: "Late-night (conservative) host booted from NBC"). Now you're saying he's "nonpartisan"...which doesn't explain the firing.
Which way you wanna go here? :confused:

I thought this went w/o saying based upon everything already said (and it really did). But to spell it out for a retard like you: He has some conservative leanings (he most definitely isn't a flaming liberal like Letterman or Fallon); but he does not allow his show to become overtly political. Hence, why a guy like Obama would feel comfortable appearing upon his show during an election.

Forum List

Back