#1 Late-night (conservative) host booted from NBC

Leno is definitely into politics. If you don't believe that then you haven't been paying attention. And he is non-partisan (mostly) by design. He doesn't want to abuse his post as an entertainer by alienating half his audience. He's a rare professional.

But were he to be overtly conservative, why would someone be scared of him? Only a loser tries to use his political persuasion to intimidate people.

So let's recap.
First Jay Leno is fired because of being "conservative" (OP: "Late-night (conservative) host booted from NBC"). Now you're saying he's "nonpartisan"...which doesn't explain the firing.
Which way you wanna go here? :confused:

I thought this went w/o saying based upon everything already said (and it really did). But to spell it out for a retard like you: He has some conservative leanings (he most definitely isn't a flaming liberal like Letterman or Fallon); but he does not allow his show to become overtly political. Hence, why a guy like Obama would feel comfortable appearing upon his show during an election.

That's irrelevant. I'm not talking about Leno's ideology; I'm talking about your logic. First you have Leno fired, at least in part, for being "conservative"; but now you've got him as a "non partisan" -- which means his 'conservatism' cannot be a reason for his firing after all-- and that means this thread has no point, because you've shot your own original premise down.

Either Leno's (alleged) 'conservatism' on the air led to his firing -- or it didn't.
Which is it?

So let's recap.
First Jay Leno is fired because of being "conservative" (OP: "Late-night (conservative) host booted from NBC"). Now you're saying he's "nonpartisan"...which doesn't explain the firing.
Which way you wanna go here? :confused:

I thought this went w/o saying based upon everything already said (and it really did). But to spell it out for a retard like you: He has some conservative leanings (he most definitely isn't a flaming liberal like Letterman or Fallon); but he does not allow his show to become overtly political. Hence, why a guy like Obama would feel comfortable appearing upon his show during an election.

That's irrelevant. I'm not talking about Leno's ideology; I'm talking about your logic. First you have Leno fired, at least in part, for being "conservative"; but now you've got him as a "non partisan" -- which means his 'conservatism' cannot be a reason for his firing after all-- and that means this thread has no point, because you've shot your own original premise down.

Either Leno's (alleged) 'conservatism' on the air led to his firing -- or it didn't.
Which is it?

You're last person who should be criticizing logic. Your own logic at points in this thread was textbook horrendous.

Which is it?

You're last person who should be criticizing logic. Your own logic at points in this thread was textbook horrendous.

Yeah, that's what I usually get from you sore losers - whiny gainsaying.
:lame2:

Let's go over your hiddeous logic numb nuts.

1. You attributed quotes to me that I didn't say.
2. To try and justify your false quotes; you came up with a "so-called" defense even though you hadn't used that term. And even if you had, it still wouldn't have made sense.
3. You stated that I said Leno was being fired for being conservative. Tell me where I actually said that? You can't. I never said that outright. There was an implication that it was a mark against him though.
4. I stated very clearly throughout the course of the thread that I believed Leno had some conservative leanings but that he did not become overtly political for his program. You tried to pretend that was a logical fallacy. It is not.

Let's go over your hiddeous logic numb nuts.

1. You attributed quotes to me that I didn't say.

Thread title: " #1 Late-night (conservative) host booted from NBC". Voilà.
I've made no "quotes" from you that were not cut-and-pasted from your own posts.

2. To try and justify your false quotes; you came up with a "so-called" defense even though you hadn't used that term. And even if you had, it still wouldn't have made sense.

Your inability to comprehend paraphrasing isn't my problem. See the example immediately above. Again.

3. You stated that I said Leno was being fired for being conservative. Tell me where I actually said that? You can't. I never said that outright. There was an implication that it was a mark against him though.

Thread title: " #1 Late-night (conservative) host booted from NBC". There's no other function for the word "conservative" to be there (you even lied about the existence of this in post 6 as you tried to have it both ways). Then in your OP you also proclaimed, "Not saying it was cos [sic] of his politics, but they certainly didn't help. This just shows that more and more, TV execs don't give a flying f about half of their audience."

Now how can "half the audience" be involved if he's not taking political positions? Either he's taking political positions, and therefore "half the audience" can be involved, and it can be a factor -- or he isn't, and they can't, and it can't.
As I said -- pick a side. Is it political, or is it not political? You can't have it both ways.

4. I stated very clearly throughout the course of the thread that I believed Leno had some conservative leanings but that he did not become overtly political for his program. You tried to pretend that was a logical fallacy. It is not.

It's called Equivocation. You can't make up your mind what your position is.

^^^
You simply do not put stuff in quotes that weren't actually quoted. It's that fucking simple. Paraphrasing doesn't belong in quotes; unless you specifically state that you're paraphrasing.

There's a difference between pointing out a trend and stating explicitly that someone was fired for being conservative. Again, that is your own faulty, assumptive logic.

Lastly, there was no equivocation what so ever. I never changed my position on any facet of my arguments at any point.

^^^
You simply do not put stuff in quotes that weren't actually quoted. It's that fucking simple. Paraphrasing doesn't belong in quotes; unless you specifically state that you're paraphrasing.

There's a difference between pointing out a trend and stating explicitly that someone was fired for being conservative. Again, that is your own faulty, assumptive logic.

Lastly, there was no equivocation what so ever. I never changed my position on any facet of my arguments at any point.

Again, your "failure" to read English isn't my "problem". The other thread I referred to probably didn't use the word "leftist" either. It means "in so many words". So your objection boils down to a denial that "conservatism" means "on the right". Go ahead and "explain" that.

>> There's a difference between pointing out a trend and stating explicitly that someone was fired for being conservative. Again, that is your own faulty, assumptive logic. <<

Uh, it's what you implied, and then tried to "unimply". So I "ask" again for the "umpteenth" time -- are you "saying" that Jay Leno got "fired" for being "conservative", or are you not? That's the inconvenient question you keep "dancing" around. Here's what you've answered so far:

" ........................................................................."

Yeah, using "conservative" as part of the headline of this thread was really a stretch. I watched Leno for decades and I've read quite a few interviews with Leno. The guy is not into politics and would be described a non-partisan. He jokes about the Big Jokes (both parties). No political stripe is sacred for Leno.
To imply any type of political leanings is just wrong.

Leno is definitely into politics. If you don't believe that then you haven't been paying attention. And he is non-partisan (mostly) by design. He doesn't want to abuse his post as an entertainer by alienating half his audience. He's a rare professional.

But were he to be overtly conservative, why would someone be scared of him? Only a loser tries to use his political persuasion to intimidate people.

Well, Leno has repeatedly said he doesn't identify with either party. Only a loser entertainer would force his audience to listen to his ideological rants! Are you listening Sean Penn and Dennis Miller?

^^^

Again, your "failure" to read English isn't my "problem". The other thread I referred to probably didn't use the word "leftist" either. It means "in so many words". So your objection boils down to a denial that "conservatism" means "on the right". Go ahead and "explain" that.

>> There's a difference between pointing out a trend and stating explicitly that someone was fired for being conservative. Again, that is your own faulty, assumptive logic. <<

Uh, it's what you implied, and then tried to "unimply". So I "ask" again for the "umpteenth" time -- are you "saying" that Jay Leno got "fired" for being "conservative", or are you not? That's the inconvenient question you keep "dancing" around. Here's what you've answered so far:

DICKHEAD: You don't quote quotes that don't exist. And if you paraphrase with quotes. You say so. That's standard communication. That's not my "failure." That's your fucking deal.

What's implied? Try being specific. It was implied that Leno was fired for being conservative? No it was not. You may have faultily inferred it. I pointed out that he had some conservative leanings and that NBC replaced him even though he was number 1 in the ratings. The implication was that being conservative was a check mark against him. However, there was no implication that he absolutely was fired for being conservative. When you make assumptions, you're the one that looks foolish, dude.

Yeah, using "conservative" as part of the headline of this thread was really a stretch. I watched Leno for decades and I've read quite a few interviews with Leno. The guy is not into politics and would be described a non-partisan. He jokes about the Big Jokes (both parties). No political stripe is sacred for Leno.
To imply any type of political leanings is just wrong.

Well, Leno has repeatedly said he doesn't identify with either party. Only a loser entertainer would force his audience to listen to his ideological rants! Are you listening Sean Penn and Dennis Miller?

What would it matter if I was listening to Sean Penn or Dennis Miller? Would you like to make an assumption about me or my opinions based upon who I listen to?

I'll qualify this as a sound opinion: JL is a fiscal conservative. He practices fiscal conservatism in his own life. He only has used his speaking engagement money for expenses, while saving all salary for retirement. And when California had the recall, he did not make endorsements that I remember, but it was pretty obvious he was happy for the change. And some of his fiscal conservatism has spilled into his monologues, etc.

Personally, I feel like all politics comes back to fiscal politics. Money is the end game and people who say otherwise, are kidding themselves. So, Jay also isn't going to go out supporting liberal causes that are fiscal schemes. And that's why you're not seeing him do crazy causes or being overly sympathetic to the BS. And don't think the establishment hasn't noticed that. That is a check mark against him for not playing the game.

[MENTION=20424]Misty[/MENTION] [MENTION=6847]Foxfyre[/MENTION] [MENTION=26153]High_Gravity[/MENTION]

Of the late night hosts, Letterman used to be my favorite, but that was when he was on NBC, his show went downhill and I started to watch Leno.

The last few years, I have watched any late tv that involve talk show hosts.

I do find it strange they are a 5th rated network and they are replacing a #1 show in a time slot. Something is going on.

Of the late night hosts, Letterman used to be my favorite, but that was when he was on NBC, his show went downhill and I started to watch Leno.

I do find it strange they are a 5th rated network and they are replacing a #1 show in a time slot. Something is going on.

Didn't the same network try to push Johnny Carson out while he was still #1?

Never understood it then, don't understand it now.

^^^

DICKHEAD: You don't quote quotes that don't exist. And if you paraphrase with quotes. You say so. That's standard communication. That's not my "failure." That's your fucking deal.

What's implied? Try being specific. It was implied that Leno was fired for being conservative? No it was not. You may have faultily inferred it. I pointed out that he had some conservative leanings and that NBC replaced him even though he was number 1 in the ratings. The implication was that being conservative was a check mark against him. However, there was no implication that he absolutely was fired for being conservative. When you make assumptions, you're the one that looks foolish, dude.

One thing you have to learn about self-delusion (after you learn to read, if ever) -- it's self delusion. Doesn't fool anybody else, certainly not me. Just makes you look stupid. Who "said" the words "failure', "leftist", "problem". "explain", "ask" "unimply" and so on? Why did I put them in quotes? Find a fricking English teacher and ask "them". Again, your illiteracy ain't my problem.

And yes there absolutely is an implication when you go out of your way to insert the word "conservative" in a thread title that otherwise has nothing to do with politics. Why did your last post talk about politics? Why did the poster you responded to? Why did the next post after yours? Because you put it in there. You're trying to put words out there and when it's pointed out they don't have a basis, you run away and deny they're sitting there. You're a moron. Man up already.

Me either, Carson was really good. Leno is really good. Yet they let them go. I do think politics plays in the decision making process.

Me either, Carson was really good. Leno is really good. Yet they let them go. I do think politics plays in the decision making process.

Johnny was being pushed out because he was thought to be the most powerful Man at the Network, far exceeding the execs. Not sure that's the case with Leno?

BTW, Public Broadcasting had a program on Johhny a few years ago. Excellent TV.

I do remember Carson making fools of the execs during those months he was going through it. Some of his best bits were during that time.

Last edited:

Nah its strictly business. Lenos demographic is aging and Fallons demographic is a few years younger than Lenos plus he grabs the younger audience.

Instead of waiting for the ratings/revenue to head further south (which will eventually happen) they are taking a risk in thinking this will slow it down or at the very least level out the slipping in ratings/revenues.

Jay Leno has conservative leanings in many respects. He certainly doesn't shove his politics in people's faces like some other a-hole late night host on CBS though. He had the number one rated show and he was booted. Not saying it was cos of his politics, but they certainly didn't help. This just shows that more and more, TV execs don't give a flying f about half of their audience.

'Tonight Show': The War on Jay Leno

What makes you think Jay Leno has conservative leanings?

Nah its strictly business. Lenos demographic is aging and Fallons demographic is a few years younger than Lenos plus he grabs the younger audience.

Instead of waiting for the ratings/revenue to head further south (which will eventually happen) they are taking a risk in thinking this will slow it down or at the very least level out the slipping in ratings/revenues.

That's the theory that's being floated by media (who are often paid off). But really, if you're the fifth rated network do you axe the guy who is getting number one ratings? I don't think so.

You can look at the demographics and prognosticate a decline. But really, the way it works in the biz is you cross that bridge when you come to it. You don't f with a top rated show. Otherwise you're saying they actually believe that Fallon can start-up and get number one plus some. Eh, that's just not going to happen. If anything, NBC viewers will flock b/c they're loyal to JL, not the network.

Here's the reality. Some NBC exec is showing that he can swing his dick harder. That's how it works at that fledgling network. And perhaps they're content with just being in business and not maximizing profits that they can get away with that at least at times.

Forum List

Back