1 Dollar Coins?

With our monies losing value would it matter? It seems a national bartering system may be a better idea.

But, then too, I personally prefer coins over dollar bills.

They don´t like the free hand jobs from the TSA or paying taxes either. Ya reckon it´ll sink those ideas too:confused:

WEll, TSA and taxes are something that the masters ARE backing.

Coin dollars isn't really something that much matters.

Who don't people want dollar coins?

Because if you look in most cash drawers, there's no place to put them.

This is the reason that half dollars aren't much used, too.

A couple things I've heard about Dollar Coins:

The government is storing about a billion dollars worth of the things.

There is a law that every President will have his face on a run of them.

Another law demands that a certain number of of Sacajawea Dollars have to be minted for every pesident Dollar Coin Minted. Both laws commit to continuing to mint thse in quantity and the storage goes on.

It costs .30 to mint each 1.00 coin, so this is something that the government is doing that is showing a profit.

Americans are coin savers and currency spenders.

The future of money is electronic, not currency.

The dollar coin is a relic of a system revered by the dinosaurs who are spending us into bankruptcy using knowledge that was obsolete when they learned it and is now utterly useless.

They didn't work the first time.
In an age where actual paper money is used less and less we certainly don't need more of it.
But, it will likely be done anyway, the government rarely does things logically.

They don´t like the free hand jobs from the TSA or paying taxes either. Ya reckon it´ll sink those ideas too:confused:

Obviously, Obama needs a Cash Drawer Czar. I nominate you.

People do not use dollar coins because they weigh 10 times as much as paper dollars.

Last edited:
Where have all the Sacagaweans gone?

According to Wiki, there are approximately 1 billion Sacagawea coins in circulation. Everyone in the US should have at least 3. But I have not seen any in years.

Someone is hoarding Sacagawea.

People do not like them.

That is enough to sink this idea.

I don't care for them either, but I agree that they should do it. We need to be saving money everywhere we can. They should just recall all the dollar bills and only mint dollar coins from now on.

There has also been discussion of bringing the $500 back into circulation. The $100 is the most printed bill now, even more than the $1.

Dump the penny and the dollar bill

Concession to inflation

Obviously, Obama needs a Cash Drawer Czar. I nominate you.

LOL! Thanks. Does that job come with Health care?

People do not use dollar coins because they weigh 10 times as much as paper dollars.

Yup, another good reason not to bother with them, I agree.

I liked the Sacajawea dollar coins. she was a local girl. and she and Jean Baptist were cute.

Detested the Susan B Anthony coins.

I make a point of using dollar coins, and when my kids were giving up teeth, dollar coins is what the tooth fairy give them.

The current coins are "meh." They go back to Sacajawea I will use them exclusively.
220px-SacagaweaDollarObverse.jpg

I would never use them for big purchases, but for small stuff, like a coke or a bag of chips, a dollar coin and a dime would be perfect

Forum List

Back