Rheumatoid arthritis drugs?

Discussion in 'Health and Lifestyle' started by Grace, Jul 9, 2011.

1. Grace

Grace BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +742
    Anyone here using any? Can you give me some pointers to go over with my doctor? So many of those drugs are scarey. I take nothing for my RA but it is getting to the point I am going to have to. And it scares me shitless. Any suggestions or tips you can give me?

2. waltky

waltky Wise ol' monkey Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,866
    A drug used to build bone mass might help relieve arthritis pain...
    :cool:
    Osteoporosis Drug Might Repair Joints Damaged by Arthritis
    September 23, 2011 - Experiments with mice show Forteo induces thicker cartilage

3. waltky

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,866
    Hope for osteoporosis patients...
    :clap2:
    Wireless Microchip Delivers Bone Drug
    February 17, 2012 - Could one day replace daily injection for osteoporosis patients

4. waltky

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,866
    Yoga appears to help lower back pain...
    :eusa_eh:
    'Few complementary therapies help arthritis'
    8 January 2013 - Few complementary therapies appear to help musculoskeletal conditions like arthritis, say experts who have looked at the available trial evidence.

5. Gracie

Gracie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +28,277
    Well, it has been 2 years, give or take, since I started this thread. And I have been gluten free for that long. It works. I still have not taken any meds for RA and don't plan to. However, I find I have dry scalp now and have been searching google for a oil treatment and have had no luck.

So...time to renew the thread to see if anyone here suffers from RA or was just diagnosed with RA and has a problem with dry scalp. Or if not RA, someone who is has knowledge of scalp care. I read recently that olive oil is NOT recommended because it "feeds" the dryness and can make it worse. It is a new report by the medical association or scientists or whatever they are called that studies results from this or that. So...no olive oil. I damn sure don't want to feed fungus..and that is what dandruff is. It can also be caused by RA. I never had dandruff in my life until about a year ago. Could be age, but I think its the RA, myself. Dry eyes, dry mouth, dry skin, dry hair.

Anyone have a great remedy they use for their hair and scalp? Even something from a salon you use faithfully? I might go check the local beauty supply and see what they recommend but I thought I would ask here, too.