1/28/12 - Sen. Marco Rubio (R-FL) Delivers Weekly GOP Address On The Promise Of Ameri

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Stephanie, Jan 28, 2012.

1. Stephanie

Stephanie Diamond Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +27,360
    :clap2:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MUD_jxv5ygw&feature=player_embedded]1/28/12 - Sen. Marco Rubio (R-FL) Delivers Weekly GOP Address On The Promise Of America - YouTube[/ame]

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. Jroc

Jroc יעקב כהן Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,530
    I love Rubio. Romney, Rubio would be a winning ticket, but I sure would like to see a Gingrich, Allen West ticket.

3. The T

The T George S. Patton Party Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    What USED TO BE A REPUBLIC RUN BY TYRANTS
    Ratings:
    +5,502
    I like the theme of American exceptionalism...the one Obama says isn't any more unique than any other place on the planet...and to that place Obama wants to pull us down to to be like everyone else...

4. Jeremy

Jeremy TRANSFER!!!

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,190
    Good job. Well put.

5. Mustang

Mustang Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    39° 44 mins 21 secs N, 104° 59 mins 5 secs W
    Ratings:
    +1,792
    I have to give credit to the GOP.

They manage to (somehow) sell themselves as the "party of the people" to certain people even though they're the champions of the very policies that enriched the wealthy even as those self same policies undercut the security of the working class. Then when those policies (like deregulation) bring ruination, they demonized the opposition for the continued decline that was inevitable in much the same way as one can't simply stop a speeding truck on a highway once a problem is seen up ahead.

Getting working class Americans who have experienced job losses, foreclosures, and declines in their retirement funds to yell 'class warfare' (in defense of the rich) even after the wealthy have experienced historic tax cuts and unprecedented gains in their share of the national wealthy and a greater disparity of income inequality (in favor of the wealthiest Americans) is a trick that even Houdini couldn't pull off.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2012
  6. California Girl

California Girl BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,965
    Democrats want us all to be poor, and rely on government to 'help' us. Republican should be the party that want to take the poor out of poverty and up to the (mythical) middle class.... and move that 'middle class' up to wealthy. Hand up, not hand out.

7. sfcalifornia

sfcalifornia Silver Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +496
    Should? Implying they're not?

I would have to agree.

8. California Girl

California Girl BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,965
    I don't imply it, I say it. The reason I don't support the GOP (as a party) is precisely that. Most of them are not worthy of my support. Rubio absolutely is. It would be great if the GOP would return to their strengths... which was to be the party that seeks to pull the poor up, and the middle class up.... because that is the alternative to the Democrats with their 'keep 'em poor to keep 'em Democrat'.

9. Mustang

Mustang Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    39° 44 mins 21 secs N, 104° 59 mins 5 secs W
    Ratings:
    +1,792
    That's the kind of patently absurd statement that only serves to obfuscate the issues.

Something I left out of my previous statement is this whole issue of less regulation. Less (and lax) regulation is what allowed banks to game the system in the first place.

Who do you think benefits from further deregulation and the elimination of Dodd/Frank like is being advocated by the GOP every time they get a chance to talk about their agenda on camera? You? Your working class and middle class friends? Better think again. The people and institutions that will benefit from it are the very ones who benefited from it the first time around as those record profits were rolling in right up until the house of cards came crashing down.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2012
  10. texasdon

texasdon Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Marco Rubio said in his speech that we must allow more people to come here legally. We allow two million people to come here legally every year ( which is about 1,990,000 too many).How many people does he think we should allow to come here legally each year---100 miilion??? He also said that we should have more guest worker programs--while we have an unemployment rate of almost 10% for USA citizens.Needless to say --I am not a Rubio fan.In fact--I am not a fan of anyone in the two major parties . We must take back our country from the two major parties who are hellbent on destroying this nation.

Secure our borders with armed military.
    Deport all illegals.
    Do away with the birthright law.
    Stop chain migration.