The US House’s Weekly Expansion of the Definition of Antisemitism

I believe it before I believe those who hate Jews and Israel and are looking for any excuse to criticize them.

My question remains: What credible motive would Israel have in attacking a naval vessel of the only country that was helping the Israelis defend themselves against an Arab attempt to destroy Israel and probably kill all the Jews there?
The motive of Israel in attacking the Liberty does not matter sir. We have the luxury of 50 years of hindsight. We know what happened, and it doesn't matter what some Israeli war monger was thinking in 1967. All that matters are the facts and evidence, and the preponderance of the evidence shows the attack to be deliberate.

You believe that I hate Jews, and that means you believe a falsehood. A person knowingly embracing falsehoods can be described in many ways, but "critical thinker" is not one of them.

I (and many others including conscientious Jewish individuals) are able to distinguish between any given Jewish individual and the Israeli State, just as many (but maybe not you?) can distinguish between any given American citizen and his criminal government in Washington.

It's like the word "democracy" that our elected officials keep repeating. It's an illusion.

The use of "anti-semitic" has lost all meaning, and really just indicates that the person using the term is desperate in trying to defend his indefensible position regarding the blatant crimes of the Israeli State.

I don't hate Jews, but you must delude yourself into thinking that I do just because I criticize the crimes (over decades) of the Israeli State. Your thought processes are not sophisticated enough to distinguish between a Jewish person and the Israeli State.

Maybe you should coin a new phrase: Jewaphobe? It would be just as meaningless as anti-semite.

You're probably different than I am--I cannot admire, respect or tolerate a State that practices genocide, but it appears you can and do.
Israel is not practicing genocide.

You are an antisemitic Hamas supporter, so you claim they are doing such in order to try to justify your hatred.

Israel is not practicing genocide.

You are an antisemitic Hamas supporter, so you claim they are doing such in order to try to justify your hatred.
Sure Dogma, Israel is not practicing genocide and the US House of Representatives is not urinating on the First Amendment.

Whatever blows your skirt sir.

The motive of Israel in attacking the Liberty does not matter sir.

The motive of Israel in attacking the USS Liberty certainly does matter. Because thee was no motive, it was friendly fire.

The US Navy did not inform the Israelis that the U.S.S. liberty would be in the area. The Israelis had reason to believe that Egyptians were disguising one of their vessels as an American vessel.

This thread pertains to congress and its ongoing expansion of the definition of antisemitism and its affect on the civil liberties of the average American electorate.

There are several other threads for use in calling each other no good, dirty, rotten, filthy, stinking terrorists or terrorist supporters.

This thread isn't for that infantile, divide and conquer type routine.

Don't make me call the po po in here.

Thank You! Have a nice day...

Last edited:
The use of "anti-semitic" has lost all meaning, and really just indicates that the person using the term is desperate in trying to defend his indefensible position regarding the blatant crimes of the Israeli State.
Israel is committing no crimes in trying to survive against Muslim hostility. No one questions the rights of Egypt and Jordan to exist. Millions of Muslims want to destroy Israel.

They should learn from the Israeli example and try to improve conditions in their own failed countries.

It is such an interesting phenomenon to watch the desperation of people who want to remove the very word in the lexicon that describes them.

Antisemitism refers to prejudice against Jews. Many formulaic canards have been attached to Jews over the years, including the portrayal of Jews as unduly powerful, sneaky, manipulative, loyal only to their own, rich, powerful, bullying and not to be trusted. Since the creation of Israel, these attitudes have been applied to the collective Jew as represented by the Jewish state. Antisemites now view the entire Jewish state as embodying all these same canards.

It all the same old shit, though, and this is not a case of expanding a definition, but of those to whom it apples trying to undermine the validity of the term, itself.

Israel is committing no crimes in trying to survive against Muslim hostility. No one questions the rights of Egypt and Jordan to exist. Millions of Muslims want to destroy Israel.

They should learn from the Israeli example and try to improve conditions in their own failed countries.
I question the right of any country to exist. Countries either have the power to exist or they do not. When they lose the power they get conquered.

If people single out Jews as the one people in this entire world who cannot be allowed to exercise self-determination, there is no possibility EXCEPT that they are an antisemite.

How many Arab states are there again? How much land do they control?

One tiny little Jewish state, though, and antisemite's heads explode.
Here is a time when Jews are exercising warrior like self defense and the antisemites are shocked that a group of people wish to have a homeland, safety, self determination and the right to remove hostile violent entities from its domain. What is pathetic is how Egypt blocks Palestinian exit although a few countries have offered to take them in. Egypt should try to do better than slavery of Jews and Arabs and get their Pharaoh heads down to earth. Some Arab countries are much larger than Israel and more welcoming to Arabs from elsewhere.

Trashing freedom of speech for Americans in America does not rate 'smart' Hector

~S~
Ok...apples and figs...the gift of being "smart" is a fruit of the human spirit that is available to most humans with unfortunate exceptions such as medical illness or just no motivation to be a higher form. Although I do not like hate speech, and I support Israel, I disagree that banning a chant is the duty of the House unless it is a rule of conduct on that governmental premises just like the capitol riot breached proper conduct in that building

Last edited:
Ok...apples and figs...the gift of being "smart" is a fruit of the human spirit that is available to most humans with infortunate exceptions such as medical illness or just no motivation to be a higher form. Although I do not like hate speech, and I support Israel, I disagree that banning a chant is the duty of the House unless it is a rule of conduct on that governmental premises just like the capitol riot breached proper conduct in that building
The point is, there is no such thing as 'hate speech' unless we wish to violate our constitution AZ

~S~

The point is, there is no such thing as 'hate speech' unless we wish to violate our constitution AZ

~S~
The "point is" what is considered acceptable speech varies greatly across nations in the world. Free Speech is highly protected in the US with some exceptions, but there is a cultural disregard for "hate speech" although there are rare limits on this in USA law. 🌐 Atlantic Council
Free speech and online content: What can the US learn from Europe?
Feb 1, 2021

The "point is" what is considered acceptable speech varies greatly across nations in the world. Free Speech is highly protected in the US with some exceptions, but there is a cultural disregard for "hate speech" although there are rare limits on this in USA law. 🌐 Atlantic Council
Free speech and online content: What can the US learn from Europe?
Feb 1, 2021
Can one still shout gaslight in a crowded chat AZ?
1715730756158.png

~S~

~S~
What about chanting, "Jews must die?"

I am somewhat leary about hate speech laws, because they can be used to outlaw the books and articles of Charles Murray, Jared Taylor, and Professor's Arthur Jensen, Richard Herrnstein, and J. Philippe Rushton.

Nevertheless, calling for violence against Jews, or saying that the Jews deserved the Holocaust is what I would call hate speech.

Forum List

Back