House passes bill to expand definition of antisemitism amid growing campus protests over Gaza war

That's not compelling. Sorry.

If a university sets a policy that they won't do business with Israel, they can be sued for discrimination.
The IHRA definition of antisemitism was adopted by the US in 2010 under Obama, and since then, as a matter of policy, all federal agencies have considered this definition of antisemitism in all discrimination cases. In 2019, Trump issued an executive order requiring federal agencies to continue to do that, and the Antimerism Awareness Act now now makes it part of Civil Rights Law.

So nothing has changed; in fact, one might say the House Republicans have carried forward the work that began under the Obama administration. So who gets your blind loyalty now? Obama or the far left Democrats who support the destruction of Israe?

Aren't we having this discussion because Jews are whining, "Those College kids are being mean to us"?
There is no reason college kids should be allowed to be that way. Some are threatening Jews with violence.

There is no reason college kids should be allowed to be that way. Some are threatening Jews with violence.

Oh, bullshit.

Didn't you claim that you used to protest the Vietnam War when you were in college? If they were protesting an American military action, these kids would be lauded. But apparently, don't you dare ever hurt the feelings of the Jews.

They will need to be protected by draconian punishment for hate speech and hate crimes against Jews.

The problems Jews have encountered throughout history when living as a minority population is that their lives and property are dependent on the protection of a host government. If that protection falters, even for a very short time, Jews lives have been lost.

The reason that Israel is essential in this world is that it's the only place where the lives and safety of Jews is protected by Jews.

History has proven, over and over, that no place is permanently safe for minorities if the good will of the rulers of that place turn against them.

The problems Jews have encountered throughout history when living as a minority population is that their lives and property are dependent on the protection of a host government. If that protection falters, even for a very short time, Jews lives have been lost.

The reason that Israel is essential in this world is that it's the only place where the lives and safety of Jews is protected by Jews.

History has proven, over and over, that no place is permanently safe for minorities if the good will of the rulers of that place turn against them.
And the eruption of anti-Israel hate, and threats and assaults against Jews, shows why Israel is an absolute necessity for the survival of the Jews.

Some have actually enacted it. Did you see where they beat that Jewish girl unconscious? Her body just goes limp.

How is that any different than any other minority group?

Should African Americans have their own country?

How about Kurds, or the Rohinga in Myanmar, or any other religious or ethnic minority?

The problem with giving the Jews their own country is that it was done at the expense of the Palestinians. "A land without a people for a people without a land" was always a lie.

And the eruption of anti-Israel hate, and threats and assaults against Jews, shows why Israel is an absolute necessity for the survival of the Jews.

Yet I'm not seeing you or any other American Jews in a big hurry to leave. You just want any criticism relabeled as hate speech.

Some have actually enacted it. Did you see where they beat that Jewish girl unconscious? Her body just goes limp.
If that actually happened, then someone should be held accountable. YOu don't need a new law for that, we already have laws against assault.

Oh, bullshit.

Didn't you claim that you used to protest the Vietnam War when you were in college? If they were protesting an American military action, these kids would be lauded. But apparently, don't you dare ever hurt the feelings of the Jews.
I protested against the War in Vietnam. I never broke the law. I treated combat veterans of the War with respect. I have always liked Vietnamese war refugees who moved to the United states after the Communists took over.

My support for Israel and the Jews was unconditional back then. It still is. The only Palestinians I have ever cared about have been the Christian Palestinians.

I protested against the War in Vietnam. I never broke the law. I treated combat veterans of the War with respect. I have always liked Vietnamese war refugees who moved to the United states after the Communists took over.

My support for Israel and the Jews was unconditional back then. It still is. The only Palestinians I have ever cared about have been the Christian Palestinians.
Try to keep your lies straight, cockroach.

If the pro-Hamas demonstrators break the law, then arrest them for it.

You guys want to make criticism of Israel a crime. Maybe instead of being loyal to Israel, try being loyal to America.

He will, but he will water it down to disguise the fact that the horrific, extreme bigotry currently plaguing the country is against Jews. They will expand it to say that they are against all forms of bigotry….that against blacks, and Muslims, and gays, and transgenders, and……… oh yeah, the Jews too.
The war in Gaza is a religious war. In this country it's a race war.

Which is what democrats have wanted for decades. In this country Jews are white people.

You guys want to make criticism of Israel a crime. Maybe instead of being loyal to Israel, try being loyal to America.
You can be loyal to America by giving the people screaming Death to America whatever they want. Nothing screams loyalty to America like tearing down the American flag and replacing it with a Palestinian rag.

Loyalty to America, yeah, sure.

Since Hamas is a designated terrorist organization in the US, it may be a crime to support it.

1. It is unlawful for a person in the United States or subject to the jurisdiction of the United States to knowingly provide “material support or resources” to a designated FTO. (The term “material support or resources” is defined in 18 U.S.C. § 2339A(b)(1) as ” any property, tangible or intangible, or service, including currency or monetary instruments or financial securities, financial services, lodging, training, expert advice or assistance, safehouses, false documentation or identification, communications equipment, facilities, weapons, lethal substances, explosives, personnel (1 or more individuals who maybe or include oneself), and transportation, except medicine or religious materials.” 18 U.S.C. § 2339A(b)(2) provides that for these purposes “the term ‘training’ means instruction or teaching designed to impart a specific skill, as opposed to general knowledge.” 18 U.S.C. § 2339A(b)(3) further provides that for these purposes the term ‘expert advice or assistance’ means advice or assistance derived from scientific, technical or other specialized knowledge.’’
  2. Representatives and members of a designated FTO, if they are aliens, are inadmissible to and, in certain circumstances, removable from the United States (see 8 U.S.C. §§ 1182 (a)(3)(B)(i)(IV)-(V), 1227 (a)(1)(A)).
  3. Any U.S. financial institution that becomes aware that it has possession of or control over funds in which a designated FTO or its agent has an interest must retain possession of or control over the funds and report the funds to the Office of Foreign Assets Control of the U.S. Department of the Treasury.

It is clearly an issue that should be further examined.

Forum List

Back