Zone1 the RCC is not from God

Simply put, a prophet is someone chosen by God to speak for God. Their job, whatever the time period or tidings, was to accurately impart His message. Men and women called to this task came from differing backgrounds, personalities and levels of social status.

mostly liars seeking undue attention, moses and their false commandments - abraham their heredity idolatry ... people that chose those people for their message over the truth and knowingly perpetuate falsehoods against mostly the innocent.

- there has never been a person chosen by the heavens to speak about anything.

Yes it does . Denying facts from the Bible how very Christian of you. I linked to it.

Have you seen the excellent documentary about Warren Jeffs called "Prophet's Prey"? Spoiler Alert: There's a moment where Jeffs is filmed in his prison cell breaking down and telling his followers that he is a fraud and that he's never spoken with god.

He seems genuinely shocked that they refuse to accept this from him. I swear, watching it, he seems almost frustrated and shocked they can't understand that he's just actually leveled with them and told them the truth.

Then, he just kinda shrugs and has this 'ok, fuck it, I tried to tell them' moment, tells them that was a faith test and goes on telling them what god wants them to do.

Some time after watching that I realized that something similar must have occurred to Joseph Smith (and also Brigham Young). Imagine that you pretend to start speaking for god.

No it doesn't.

Anyone can say they speak for God. That's how you identify charlatans.
from the bible

“Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, ‘Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?’ And I said, 'Here am I. Send me!” (Isaiah 6:8).

“... But the Lord said to me, ‘Do not say, I am too young. You must go to everyone I send you and say whatever I command you. Do not be afraid of them for I am with you’” (Jeremiah 1:7-8).

“Go now to your people in exile and speak to them. Say to them, ‘This is what the sovereign Lord says,’ whether they listen or fail to listen” (Ezekiel 3:11).

“The word of the Lord came to Jonah son of Amittai: ‘Go to the great city of Nineveh and preach against it, because its wickedness has come up before me’” (Jonah 1:1).

Go ahead deny some more.

Have you seen the excellent documentary about Warren Jeffs called "Prophet's Prey"? Spoiler Alert: There's a moment where Jeffs is filmed in his prison cell breaking down and telling his followers that he is a fraud and that he's never spoken with god.

He seems genuinely shocked that they refuse to accept this from him. I swear, watching it, he seems almost frustrated and shocked they can't understand that he's just actually leveled with them and told them the truth.

Then, he just kinda shrugs and has this 'ok, fuck it, I tried to tell them' moment, tells them that was a faith test and goes on telling them what god wants them to do.

Some time after watching that I realized that something similar must have occurred to Joseph Smith (and also Brigham Young). Imagine that you pretend to start speaking for god.

we arent talking about false prophets we are talking about WHAT a prophet is and you denying what the Bible says.

from the bible

“Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, ‘Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?’ And I said, 'Here am I. Send me!” (Isaiah 6:8).

“... But the Lord said to me, ‘Do not say, I am too young. You must go to everyone I send you and say whatever I command you. Do not be afraid of them for I am with you’” (Jeremiah 1:7-8).

“Go now to your people in exile and speak to them. Say to them, ‘This is what the sovereign Lord says,’ whether they listen or fail to listen” (Ezekiel 3:11).

“The word of the Lord came to Jonah son of Amittai: ‘Go to the great city of Nineveh and preach against it, because its wickedness has come up before me’” (Jonah 1:1).

Go ahead deny some more.

You don't know anything about those prophets.

You don't know anything about those prophets.
I know that God spoke to them. I know that is what a prophet IS, a person God speaks to and has them spread his word.

I understand you don't think prophets exists today and that is fine but denying WHAT a prophet is is anti-Christian and against Gods Bible.

So do all Christians but a few like yourself.

Many Christians are educated. Prophets were the conscience of the community. Keen observers, devout.

Look how frequently they warned the Jews to change their ways.

every single prophet in the Bible stated God spoke to them and directed them on what to do and say.

God guides us through the Holy Ghost, scriptures, and prophets. A prophet is someone who has been called by God to give guidance to the entire world. They aren't fortunetellers.

Prophecy isn't written in stone.

The prophets warned and scolded the Jews... And the Bible was redacted and amended many times over centuries.

Forum List

Back