The federal government should have NOTHING to do with student loans

It played a part?? A PART?? :lol:
It could not have happened without it. PERIOD. Impossible.
It is also the precise reason colleges got into the real estate business.
No student is going to pay $900 - $1000 a month for a tiny bedroom, a shared bathroom and a shared small living space with 3-5 other students - UNLESS - it is paid for by the government. And that is exactly what is happening. Colleges are making astounding profits off of their own students via charging them exorbitant rent for tiny spaces. Which is exactly why colleges all over America have invested in building more and more quad apartments.
Which is another reason we should totally re-design how we think about kids and college.

This plan would get past the college loan program, the predatory lenders, the ridiculous fees, etc...

Yeah, we’ve done that for generations...and built the greatest society the planet has ever seen.
And now the insidious nature of this kind of government is coming to fruition, and the greatest society the planet has ever known is self-destructing over trannies in bathrooms. Go team!

Yeah, we’ve done that for generations...and built the greatest society the planet has ever seen.

If anything, we need to expand the practice.

Never met a liberal yet who wasn't gung-ho for "expanding" anything that takes money from some to give to others because of those who "know better." Real charities don't solicit donations with a machine gun. The government does.

And now the insidious nature of this kind of government is coming to fruition, and the greatest society the planet has ever known is self-destructing over trannies in bathrooms. Go team!
And there we have it.
200w.gif

Everyone should psy, not just the ones who feel like paying

Lesh was complaining that her daughter in law was being forced to pay off her student loan

When I ask what degree her daughter in law earned that she still on 15 years later Lesh took a power and refuses to say

Gee, I wonder why?
Because it’s none of your business.

And I wasn’t complaining. I was illustrating the circumstances many deal with.

In particular I was refuting the claim that people getting loan forgiveness are all latte drinking slackers

well I am not a boomer and as seen in the title of the thread this is about student loans not college budgets,,

nut beings youre just an ignorant aby killer we dont expect much more from you,,

youre dismissed,,
I am aware that you are a Russobot, yes.

Everyone should psy, not just the ones who feel like paying

Lesh was complaining that her daughter in law was being forced to pay off her student loan

When I ask what degree her daughter in law earned that she still owes on 15 years later Lesh refuses to say

Gee, I wonder why?
Not sure what you’re talking about here with the other poster and everything.

There was a story about a guy who is a street musician in NYC who is getting like $150K in student loans forgiven.

That shouldn’t happen. Not only should the loans not be forgiven in full...the loans should have never been made. However if you look at the players in the saga, you see the banks wanting to make the loan because it cannot be easily wiped away, the colleges like the money because they...like money. The student is apparently one of those guys who was afraid to graduate.

We need to re-engineer how we think about training our workforce. I suggested a plan earlier in this thread.

You made it my business when you used her as an example for why government should pay off her loan

It shouldn't matter what the major was, nor should anyone be shy about saying what it was.

Not sure what you’re talking about here with the other poster and everything.

There was a story about a guy who is a street musician in NYC who is getting like $150K in student loans forgiven.

That shouldn’t happen. Not only should the loans not be forgiven...the loans should have never been made. However if you look at the players in the saga, you see the banks wanting to make the loan because it cannot be easily wiped away, the colleges like the money because they...like money. The student is apparently one of those guys who was afraid to graduate.

We need to re-engineer how we think about training our workforce. I suggested a plan earlier in this thread.

We don't need the fucking government to "engineer" anything about how we live, study, or work. The government trying to "engineer" economically or socially has always led to trouble.

But when I ask questions about what he studied and why it cost $150k to become a street musician libs such as Lesh tell me its none of my business

We are expected to just pay up and shut up

Which is another reason we should totally re-design how we think about kids and college.

This plan would get past the college loan program, the predatory lenders, the ridiculous fees, etc...
All were not only made possible by the government, but welcomed.
They could care less how much fraud and predation that went on - could care less - as long as they could stand in front of a mic and brag about legislation that caused it all - while YOU all cheered.

Just like a liberal to cheer the government for spending their tax dollars like a meth head - and then ge all outraged when it all goes wrong - and demand MORE tax dollars be spent to bail out the problem THEY caused and voted for.

All were not only made possible by the government, but welcomed.
They could care less how much fraud and predation that went on - could care less - as long as they could stand in front of a mic and brag about legislation that caused it all - while YOU all cheered.

Just like a liberal to cheer the government for spending their tax dollars like a meth head - and then ge all outraged when it all goes wrong - and demand MORE tax dollars be spent to bail out the problem THEY caused and voted for.

Well I don’t really think I’m outraged. The folks I’m discussing this topic with seem really outraged talking about trannies, meth heads, and being upset that they are paying for Pell grants--something that was around in the 80’s.

An educated workforce is a necessity for global competitiveness. So government has a role to play. I think it’s playing it poorly because they are asking 18 year old girls and boys to take out thousands of dollars in loans based on future earning potential. Most pay back the loans but I would imagine many, if not most, struggle to do so.

I think we need to re-engineer how we fund that education and training and bypass the banks, the degree mills, and the University of Phoenix types of places.

Forum List

Back