Back in the late 1970s you could buy a Hamburger, Fry and Small Drink for 95 cents. Not so today. Marxism at work again.

Mikeoxenormous

Diamond Member
May 6, 2015
Floor E Da
MSN

McDonald's $25 Deal Angers Customers Amid California's Minimum Wage Hike​

The soaring inflation during Joe Biden's presidency has reached a point where certain Americans can no longer afford to dine at McDonald's.
Can you ever imagine when Ray Kroc first opened his business, that a hamburger was only 5 cents. It was such a novel idea that you could drive up to the store and have your lunch ready in less than 3 minutes and very affordable. But alas, minimum wages, which were meant for college kids and the elderly who had a retirement but still wanted to work, had to be elevated till a "Livable Wage", because Marxist must force companies to bow down to their will or else be punished with fines and possible expulsion. So we see dollar menu morph into the 25 dollar meal deal. This is what you get when Joe Biden voters steal an election.

Bidenet.png

1714914155626.png

• Banned
MSN Can you ever imagine when Ray Kroc first opened his business, that a hamburger was only 5 cents. It was such a novel idea that you could drive up to the store and have your lunch ready in less than 3 minutes and very affordable. But alas, minimum wages, which were meant for college kids and the elderly who had a retirement but still wanted to work, had to be elevated till a "Livable Wage", because Marxist must force companies to bow down to their will or else be punished with fines and possible expulsion. So we see dollar menu morph into the 25 dollar meal deal. This is what you get when Joe Biden voters steal an election.

View attachment 942361

View attachment 942362
In the late 1960s you could get 2 hamburgers, fry and small drink and get change back from your dollar. Damn that dollar went a lot farther back then.

Yes, but what was the hourly wage back then.

I'm in no way defending $15-20 dollar an hour minimum wages, but I do wonder what the minimum wage was back then.

Those machines at McDonalds aren't going to eliminate that many employees. Only the order takers.

Last edited:
I'm just curious, what is a fair wage in this country now? I've always worked jobs that were commissioned, so I don't have a clue what would be a reasonable wage in 2024, verses the economy.

Does anyone know right off hand?

I'm just curious, what is a fair wage in this country now? I've always worked jobs that were commissioned, so I don't have a clue what would be a reasonable wage in 2024, verses the economy.

no such thing as a fair wage,, each job has an amount that cant be passed or the product becomes to expensive for the market,,

if you arent getting paid enough in the job youre doing find another job or better yourself for a job that will,,

MSN Can you ever imagine when Ray Kroc first opened his business, that a hamburger was only 5 cents. It was such a novel idea that you could drive up to the store and have your lunch ready in less than 3 minutes and very affordable. But alas, minimum wages, which were meant for college kids and the elderly who had a retirement but still wanted to work, had to be elevated till a "Livable Wage", because Marxist must force companies to bow down to their will or else be punished with fines and possible expulsion. So we see dollar menu morph into the 25 dollar meal deal. This is what you get when Joe Biden voters steal an election.

View attachment 942361

View attachment 942362
So you're blaming greed on Marxism?
1714915266296.gif

I'm in no way defending $15-20 dollar an hour minimum wages, but I do wonder what the minimum wage was back then.

Those machines at McDonalds aren't going to eliminate that many employees. Only the order takers.
We had the machines in Texas 10 years ago. The minimum wage hike in CA has nothing to do with it.

Minimum wage in the 70s
1714915442492.png

So one could work half an hour to get the 2 burgers. fries, drink referenced.

Federal minimum wage today: $7.25
Today a worker works a full hour to get the same meal.

To achieve the same purchase power the minimum wage should be AT LEAST $14.50/hr.

AND

Why is it no one ever asks what the MAXIMUM income should be?

no such thing as a fair wage,, each job has an amount that cant be passed or the product becomes to expensive for the market,,

if you arent getting paid enough in the job youre doing find another job or better yourself for a job that will,,
Bad look for conservatives.

This week you’ve had to go to bat for animal cruelty since your darling went all Kyzer Some on her puppy dog.

Now you’re endorsing slave labor.

Your blob remains on trial

And you are still whining about voter fraud like a helpless bitch.

Very true…..and a worker making $2.00 an hour could buy an order for himself and his girlfriend.

It would cost you $30.00 today on that $12.50 an hour paycheck

It varies.
A "fair wage" in San Francisco would in no way compare to a "fair wage" in Nowhere, Kansas (that really is a place)

1714915994102.png

With our failure as a nation to help transition displaced workers in industries changed by technology or gone for other reasons many middle class earners were forced into low wage jobs and are trying to support families on those wages.

Meanwhile
Mcdonald's CEO earned $20M
Wal Mart CEO earned $26M
Taco Bell CEO earned $7M

Maybe we worry about paying the top less so we can pay the bottom more?

It varies.
A "fair wage" in San Francisco would in no way compare to a "fair wage" in Nowhere, Kansas (that really is a place)

View attachment 942376

With our failure as a nation to help transition displaced workers in industries changed by technology or gone for other reasons many middle class earners were forced into low wage jobs and are trying to support families on those wages.

Meanwhile
Mcdonald's CEO earned $20M
Wal Mart CEO earned $26M
Taco Bell CEO earned $7M

Maybe we worry about paying the top less so we can pay the bottom more?
not the job of government to transition workers,,

youre thinking of communist russia or communist china,,

Forum List

Back