What's new

Field Trips and Standardized Tests

Unkotare

Diamond Member
Reaction score
This time of year is chock-full of distractions and divisions that can considerably cut down class sizes and make it difficult to complete curricula benchmarks. Some standardized tests are requirements for college applications or even graduation. Many field trips are enriching and engaging, such as exchanges with other schools or college visits (there are A LOT of colleges around here). On the bright side, the occasionally reduced class sizes allow for more interactions between students and personalization of lesson plans.

This time of year is chock-full of distractions and divisions that can considerably cut down class sizes and make it difficult to complete curricula benchmarks. Some standardized tests are requirements for college applications or even graduation. Many field trips are enriching and engaging, such as exchanges with other schools or college visits (there are A LOT of colleges around here). On the bright side, the occasionally reduced class sizes allow for more interactions between students and personalization of lesson plans.
Are you saying that, in effect, you have two classes--one on the field trip and one in the class?

What's the demarcation? Financial? Parental? Both?

Are you saying that, in effect, you have two classes--one on the field trip and one in the class?

I could also not see any point of the OP .
It reads like an Excuses Report from some underling to their boss .

The demarcation is just that some classes are on a field trip on a given day and some are not.

The biggest zoo in the Boston area is in a pretty sketchy neighborhood, so the teachers have to keep a close eye on the kids during field trips.

The biggest zoo in the Boston area is in a pretty sketchy neighborhood, so the teachers have to keep a close eye on the kids during field trips.

Can anyone, any age come to your free English second language class? Why do they need to go to the zoo to learn English? who pays for the bus? Who pays you? The building? The AC? Heat? Electric? How many $250K big wigs do you have at your school.

The demarcation is just that some classes are on a field trip on a given day and some are not.
You could have said that in a much more clear fashion in the OP yes? And explained how it affects your class size this time of year?

Maybe it's just me but those who speak in some sort of 'code' instead of just saying what they mean atr far more difficult to understand. And can make it far more difficult to learn.

Can anyone, any age come to your free English second language class? .....

ESL classes at most high schools are based on language proficiency, not grade or age.

ESL classes at most high schools are based on language proficiency, not grade or age.

confusing? So your company rents HS space? Off hours? You can’t have Adults in rooms with children aged 13-15 can you? WTH? Do you charge them? Are you a non-profit? Tax dollars? I’m certain you salary is for your profit or you would not be able to show up.

now, quit pulling out one-liners from posts and explain.

You could have said that in a much more clear fashion in the OP yes? And explained how it affects your class size this time of year?

Maybe it's just me but those who speak in some sort of 'code' instead of just saying what they mean atr far more difficult to understand. And can make it far more difficult to learn.

What "code"?

????????

"Company"? It's a public high school.

Adults are not allowed in classes (or on campus) with Children. Doubtful your stuff is legit public education. Adios, in my second language since you are tap-dancing.

What "code"?
If you don't see it in your OP I'm not sure I can help you understand. It is speaking in vague and indefinite terms and expecting others to know what you mean. Some think that makes them seem mysteriously wise and more intelligent. It doesn't.

If you don't see it in your OP I'm not sure I can help you understand. It is speaking in vague and indefinite terms and expecting others to know what you mean. Some think that makes them seem mysteriously wise and more intelligent. It doesn't.

Was there something specific you didn't understand?

Adults are not allowed in classes (or on campus) with Children. Doubtful your stuff is legit public education. Adios, in my second language since you are tap-dancing.

Still not sure what you meant by this.

Forum List

Back
Top Bottom