Marjorie Taylor Greene’s very public bid to oust Mike Johnson fails minutes after she files motion

Well..that didn't take long..LOL! MTG is such a loser..and IMO is circling the drain, career-wise. When she presented the motion, she was booed by her own party..loudly~

The House voted overwhelmingly to set aside a motion by Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene to call a vote to remove Mike Johnson as speaker of the House. The vote was 359-43 with seven members voting present. 196 Republicans and 163 Democrats voted to table the motion.

"Hopefully, this is the end of the personality politics and the frivolous character assassination that has defined the 118th Congress," Johnson told reporters after the vote. "It's regrettable. It's not who we are as Americans and we're better than this — we need to get beyond it."

Only 10 Republicans voted alongside Greene.
As promised, House Democrats largely supported Johnson in setting aside the call for his removal, making Greene's endeavor symbolic.
House Minority Leader Hakeem Jeffries called Greene a "chaos agent" in remarks after the vote.

"The only think we ask of our House Republican colleagues is for traditional Republicans to further isolate the extreme MAGA Republican wing of the GOP, which has visited nothing but chaos and dysfunction on the American people," he said.
Another loss for the bad guys!!!!

I’m not so sure the Democrats keeping Johnson around for free is a win but I’ll cheer the loss for the Freedom Caucus or whatever is left of that pathetic group.

Every time I think the democrats are ready to play hardball and practice some power politics, they do something like this.

As long as she keeps kissing Trump's ass her seat is safe. And Trump will continue to support her, so guess who else will? The same Republican hacks & Trump asskissers who booed her today.

Their entire existence as House members revolves around pleasing the Dear Leader.
We’ve always had loose canons in the House. Charlie Wilson (the guy portrayed by Tom Hanks) was one of them from way back. Zell Miller (my grandpa’s old buddy) was another--he challenged a reporter to a duel once. What you didn’t have was parties that were willing to just ignore them and let them say whatever they wanted without retribution. What you also didn’t have was a constituent group of voters who were so single minded to not mind their representative being totally ineffective; they would eventually get voted out of office.

As long as she keeps kissing Trump's ass her seat is safe. And Trump will continue to support her, so guess who else will? The same Republican hacks & Trump asskissers who booed her today.

Their entire existence as House members revolves around pleasing the Dear Leader.
I would say she was probably doing Trump, too, as he has the morals for it, but I can't see Trump ever going to the gym, one of here favorite pickup points.

I would say she was probably doing Trump, too, as he has the morals for it, but I can't see Trump ever going to the gym, one of here favorite pickup points.
Trump at a gym? Nah. He thinks exercise is bad for people & said so publicly.

IDIOT.

Another loss for the bad guys!!!!

I’m not so sure the Democrats keeping Johnson around for free is a win but I’ll cheer the loss for the Freedom Caucus or whatever is left of that pathetic group.

Every time I think the democrats are ready to play hardball and practice some power politics, they do something like this.
One of Smirking Jerkoff Johson's proposals is to defund Jack Smith's office, no doubt at the urging of that MAL lowlife. Johnson is going to screw Dems every which way from Sunday just to please Trump, so why Dems did this is beyond me.

Dems should have let Johnson fall. He's a snake who will screw them over in a heartbeat. Not to mention the fact that he was in on overthrowing Biden's win.

Democrats will rue the day that they helped to save his speakership. If Trump's party can't govern & want to screw Johnson, that's their problem.

Dems have been pushing for military aid for Ukraine, Israel and Taiwan for six months.

They did not want to take down Johnson for doing his job

Dems have been pushing for military aid for Ukraine, Israel and Taiwan for six months.

They did not want to take down Johnson for doing his job
Johnson is the one who held up aid to Ukraine going back six months. He met with Zelenskyy face to face then put a knife in his back refusing to bring the aid bill to the floor.

I think very highly of MTG but in this case I think she was mistaken though I totally agree with much of the sentiment behind her actions. How novel; I don't run with the DemoKKKrat talking points on this. At times we must be able to disagree in good faith.

Greg
I don't think of her as much as you do...However, she knew that she was doing a show...Johnson lied to everyone, but few in the republifink caucus GAF.

For better or worse viz. the course taken, she exposed the GOPoseurs for who they are.

Johnson is doing a great job.
MomentB4Post.jpg

You stage a rebellion and fail, you should face the consequences.
She should be stripped of all House committee positions and given an office next to the House garbage disposal room
It's only a "failure" if you're so obtuse to believe that she believed that Johnson was going to be ousted.

Oh wait, you are that fucking obtuse.

Nobody likes Mike Johnson, but he's not as crazy as whoever MTG would want to replace him with.

There's something slimy about that guy, but I just can't figure it out exactly.

He just has that slimy vibe going on.

Nobody likes Mike Johnson, but he's not as crazy as whoever MTG would want to replace him with.
There was a woman who was a wiccan who ran for the Senate as a tea party member and was a Republican. Anyway, that stalwart Prog Coons who is a Delaware corporate stooge won as she was destroyed for that. There is a video of Joe touching his daughter in his swearing in and it made no difference. There is a war within the Republican Party where getting candidates with character enough to put a line in the sand is a problem as the elites just say that shit ain't happening. Accept the crumb or two we give you and say thank you.

Sad to watch what the once Grand Old Party has degraded to
The GOP has become the MAGA cult POT. party of trump.
On one hand, she's an embarassment to Congress and the country. On the other, she's a pretty good representation of the base.

And if Trump wins -- and he damn well might -- she becomes more powerful, and our "government" goes full caveman freak show.

But that's how votes are. Will the Dems be more or less attractive to the electorate in November?

She is wrong on everything except this. She is protesting the ever increasing debt. Something Johnson used to care about. Funny how once politicians get power they forget about everything they once claimed to care about.

Forum List

Back