Rep. Greene says she will force vote over Speaker Johnson’s ouster next week

1srelluc

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2021
Shenandoah Valley of Virginia

Marjorie Taylor Greene announced Wednesday she will force a vote over House Speaker Mike Johnson’s ouster next week – a move that comes after Democrats have said they will vote to kill the effort and ensure Johnson doesn’t lose his job.

“I think every member of Congress needs to take that vote and let the chips fall where they may and so next week, I am going to be calling this motion to vacate. Absolutely, calling it,” she said at a news conference.

Greene’s decision puts an end to weeks of speculation over whether she would move forward to trigger the consequential vote. The move escalates pressure on Johnson and sets up a major showdown on the House floor, even though the vote is expected to fail.

Johnson has defended his leadership against the threat, saying that he will not resign and warning that a vote to oust him could cause chaos in the House.

“This motion is wrong for the Republican Conference, wrong for the institution, and wrong for the country,” the speaker said in a statement after Greene’s announcement.

Many Republicans oppose the push to oust Johnson and do not want to see the House GOP Conference devolve into disarray like it did after former Speaker Kevin McCarthy was ousted in a historic and unprecedented vote last year.

He got billions for Ukraine and left out any semblance of border security. The democrats will save him if put to a vote and she knows it......More infighting to detract from real issues.

Go ahead, keep it up and the blame the voters when one day, "for no reason at all", the republicans lost control of the house, the senate, and the WH.

He got billions for Ukraine and left out any semblance of border security. The democrats will save him if put to a vote and she knows it......More infighting to detract from real issues.

House Republicans were given a bill with both border protection and aid to Ukraine/Israel anfpd Taiwan

They rejected it

As a liberal ... I'm allowed to agree with Matt Gaetz ... the House needs to lock themselves in until all 12 Appropriations Bills are ready for the Senate to consider ... only the House can do this, and until it's done, they need to STFU ...

I don't care how ugly they are ... I am a liberal after all ... it just total cowardice to not try ... MAGA Mile Johnson ... total cowardice ...

... just give the gavel back to Nancy ... same different right now anyway ...

It's likely that she has postponed the aid to the Ukraine an the Zionist regime long enough to do the damage she intended to America's wars.

Marjory and her co-conspirators have become loose cannons aboard America's ships of war.

Marjorie Taylor Greene announced Wednesday she will force a vote over House Speaker Mike Johnson’s ouster next week – a move that comes after Democrats have said they will vote to kill the effort and ensure Johnson doesn’t lose his job.

“I think every member of Congress needs to take that vote and let the chips fall where they may and so next week, I am going to be calling this motion to vacate. Absolutely, calling it,” she said at a news conference.

Greene’s decision puts an end to weeks of speculation over whether she would move forward to trigger the consequential vote. The move escalates pressure on Johnson and sets up a major showdown on the House floor, even though the vote is expected to fail.

Johnson has defended his leadership against the threat, saying that he will not resign and warning that a vote to oust him could cause chaos in the House.

“This motion is wrong for the Republican Conference, wrong for the institution, and wrong for the country,” the speaker said in a statement after Greene’s announcement.

Many Republicans oppose the push to oust Johnson and do not want to see the House GOP Conference devolve into disarray like it did after former Speaker Kevin McCarthy was ousted in a historic and unprecedented vote last year.

Go ahead, keep it up and the blame the voters when one day, "for no reason at all", the republicans lost control of the house, the senate, and the WH.
Well the retard understands that her retardation is the only reason anyone knows her name. So she doubles down.

I understand the sentiment behind wanting to replace Johnson as Speaker; however, before voting him out they better consider who they are going to find to replace him. If there is no one better to step into the position, then what is the point in "firing" him.
There needs to be a "come to Jesus" moment in US politics if we are to save our republic. Electing "me too" Republicans may slow down the pace, but that won't prevent its ultimate demise. I believe that voters should be presented with clear choices regarding the path they want to take. If they choose the road to perdition, so be it.

(R)s be like

663275981704c519814301.gif

I understand the sentiment behind wanting to replace Johnson as Speaker; however, before voting him out they better consider who they are going to find to replace him. If there is no one better to step into the position, then what is the point in "firing" him.
Don't you think The Trailer Queen thinks it should be her?
MAGA

Forum List

Back