Zone1 Four Beliefs of Christian Doctrine - What If Any are Taken Away?

Christian doctrine seems to include the following beliefs:
1. Jesus was God in human form (immaculate conception);
2. Jesus performed miracles;
3. Jesus was God's blood sacrifice for our sins; and
4. Jesus physically arose from the dead.

My question is whether someone must accept all of these beliefs in order to be a Christian. What if Jesus was not immaculately conceived? What if He did not perform miracles? What if God did not demand His blood sacrifice? What if He did not physically arise from the dead?

I have always considered myself to be a Christian, but I have serious doubts as to the literal application of these beliefs. For example, how could Jesus be a man if he didn't possess X Chromosomes? From the Creator of the Universe, miracles seem like cheap card tricks. Did the New Testament God of Love really demand a human sacrifice? How would a human body physically ascend to Heaven?

Are all of these beliefs necessary to accept the authority of Christ's teachings?

Jesus isn't the immaculate conception. Mary is the immaculate conception.

I also struggle with this question... and the fact that he looked different after he arose from the dead... one of his disciples questioned whether it truly was Jesus until he saw and felt the wounds on his wrists and feet....
I just have to focus on his message of love faith and forgiveness... as to anything else I must wait until I die to learn...
His facial features were altered do to the fact that during His torture that night, the Romans would grab chunks of His beard and rip it off of His face. His skin went with the beard. He was unrecognizable as human once they got through with Him.

Isaiah 52: 14 Just as many were appalled at you— his appearance was so disfigured that he did not look like a man, and his form did not resemble a human being

His facial features were altered do to the fact that during His torture that night, the Romans would grab chunks of His beard and rip it off of His face. His skin went with the beard. He was unrecognizable as human once they got through with Him.

Isaiah 52: 14 Just as many were appalled at you— his appearance was so disfigured that he did not look like a man, and his form did not resemble a human being

Isaiah is writing about Israel not Jesus.

Christian doctrine seems to include the following beliefs:
1. Jesus was God in human form (immaculate conception);
2. Jesus performed miracles;
3. Jesus was God's blood sacrifice for our sins; and
4. Jesus physically arose from the dead.

My question is whether someone must accept all of these beliefs in order to be a Christian. What if Jesus was not immaculately conceived? What if He did not perform miracles? What if God did not demand His blood sacrifice? What if He did not physically arise from the dead?

I have always considered myself to be a Christian, but I have serious doubts as to the literal application of these beliefs. For example, how could Jesus be a man if he didn't possess X Chromosomes? From the Creator of the Universe, miracles seem like cheap card tricks. Did the New Testament God of Love really demand a human sacrifice? How would a human body physically ascend to Heaven?

Are all of these beliefs necessary to accept the authority of Christ's teachings?
A person is a Christian who has a personal relationship with the Christ regardless of his/her knowledge or beliefs re various doctrine. I personally believe all four points you listed, but I know people who love Jesus and devote their lives to him who know very little of Christian dogma or doctrine. It isn't for me to say who is and who isn't a Christian.

I also struggle with this question... and the fact that he looked different after he arose from the dead... one of his disciples questioned whether it truly was Jesus until he saw and felt the wounds on his wrists and feet....
I just have to focus on his message of love faith and forgiveness... as to anything else I must wait until I die to learn...
Several people who encountered Jesus after his resurrection were unable to recognize him because he was assuming a different form, as Mark's gospel relates it (16:12).

Christ's body was transforming back to the divine. A physical body didn't ascend; a divine body did.

The Dead Sea scrolls were hidden between 200 BC and 150 AD so those copies existed.

those copies existed - so where are they now ...

there is no mention of jesus in any dead sea scroll and surada is disingenuous, who wrote them - jesus, the events of the 1st century is the repudiation of judaism their false commandments and hereditary idolatry.

A person is a Christian who has a personal relationship with the Christ regardless of his/her knowledge or beliefs re various doctrine. I personally believe all four points you listed, but I know people who love Jesus and devote their lives to him who know very little of Christian dogma or doctrine. It isn't for me to say who is and who isn't a Christian.

jesus claimed non of the above or prove the validity of christianity in anything left by jesus to so indicate those beliefs attributed to him ...

the false commandments of judaism, their hereditary idolatry the reason they murdered him. what jesus truly taught.

jesus claimed non of the above or prove the validity of christianity in anything left by jesus to so indicate those beliefs attributed to him ...

the false commandments of judaism, their hereditary idolatry the reason they murdered him. what jesus truly taught.
Show your evidence if you have any. Otherwise check your own motives that cause you to work so hard to destroy the faith of so many good people.

Isaiah is writing about Israel not Jesus.
So, Israel was so disfigured he didn't look human? That's quite a stretch, even for you.
Several people who encountered Jesus after his resurrection were unable to recognize him because he was assuming a different form, as Mark's gospel relates it (16:12).

Christ's body was transforming back to the divine. A physical body didn't ascend; a divine body did.
Christ ascended to Heaven in the same body He walked around with for 40 days after God raised Him from the dead. His body, glorified, along with the glorified bodies of those He brought back from the dead with Him. It is why certain graves opened up during the earthquake that happened while Christ hung on the cross. The souls in Abraham's Bosom needed their bodies back. Our bodies are our bodies for eternity.
1Corinth. 15:42 It is the same way with the resurrection of the dead. Our earthly bodies are planted in the ground when we die, but they will be raised to live forever.

Last edited:
Show your evidence if you have any. Otherwise check your own motives that cause you to work so hard to destroy the faith of so many good people.

the concluding scene of the 1st century ...

1714936617580.png

there is not a single word by jesus written in the christian bible why they gave their life, liberation theology, self determination same as those others that similarly gave their lives for their beliefs - the repudiation of judaism, false commandments, hereditary idolatry.

the bible belt k-clan are the true face of christianity from the very beginning.

the concluding scene of the 1st century ...

View attachment 942478

there is not a single word by jesus written in the christian bible why they gave their life, liberation theology, self determination same as those others that similarly gave their lives for their beliefs - the repudiation of judaism, false commandments, hereditary idolatry.

the bible belt k-clan are the true face of christianity from the very beginning.
Again what motivates you to spend so much time, effort and band width to destroy the faith of Christians who find value in their faith? What makes you you?

Again what motivates you to spend so much time, effort and band width to destroy the faith of Christians who find value in their faith? What makes you you?

really,

1714952646205.jpeg

why do you believe christianity exists - the liar moses and their false commandments is that why you chose jesus who taught liberation theology, the repudiation of judaism -

or rather the corruption of judaism to persecute and victimize the innocent in the name of heavenly personification that has never existed and use jesus for that same purpose - as though the 1st century and those others that gave their lives never existed.

really,

View attachment 942591

why do you believe christianity exists - the liar moses and their false commandments is that why you chose jesus who taught liberation theology, the repudiation of judaism -

or rather the corruption of judaism to persecute and victimize the innocent in the name of heavenly personification that has never existed and use jesus for that same purpose - as though the 1st century and those others that gave their lives never existed.
Yes, I know that is your belief as you keep repeating over and over and over.

But answer my question please.

Again what motivates you to work so hard to shake or destroy the faith of Christians who find value in their faith?

So, Israel was so disfigured he didn't look human? That's quite a stretch, even for you.

Christ ascended to Heaven in the same body He walked around with for 40 days after God raised Him from the dead. His body, glorified, along with the glorified bodies of those He brought back from the dead with Him. It is why certain graves opened up during the earthquake that happened while Christ hung on the cross. The souls in Abraham's Bosom needed their bodies back. Our bodies are our bodies for eternity.
1Corinth. 15:42 It is the same way with the resurrection of the dead. Our earthly bodies are planted in the ground when we die, but they will be raised to live forever.

52:14: “So marred was his appearance unlike that of a man, and his form unlike that of the sons of men”

Let the truth be told
Although many post-New Testament descriptions of Jesus on the cross paint a gruesome agonizing picture of his suffering the Gospels do not describe his appearance as being in a form unrecognizable as a human being.

Isaiah’s description is best understood when one views pictures of horrific Jewish suffering during the Holocaust and the contempt of their oppressors toward them. That is literal fulfillment of the verse not one that comes from the imagination of Christians contemplating on the agony of crucifixion,

52:15: “So shall he startle many nations”

Yes, I know that is your belief as you keep repeating over and over and over.

But answer my question please.

Again what motivates you to work so hard to shake or destroy the faith of Christians who find value in their faith?

why christians - what value is there in vindictiveness uninterrupted throughout history and false shirley temples like - foxfyre.

1714999580985.jpeg

all three desert religions use one form or another of false heavenly personification to persecute and victimize the innocent.

the 1st century is the repudiation of judaism, false commandments the liar moses and abraham's hereditary idolatry as well what jesus taught, liberation theology, self determination - what other reason was there for its conclusion as well the crucifiers writing the christian bible.

recorded history itself makes foxfyre a plaintiff without merit the same as their madeup religion.

jesus was paradisian, the religion of antiquity the true path to the everlasting without mention of any desert religion.

He was not recognized by his disciples... what did I say differently from what you said?...

Wrong... try again....

why christians - what value is there in vindictiveness uninterrupted throughout history and false shirley temples like - foxfyre.

View attachment 942820

all three desert religions use one form or another of false heavenly personification to persecute and victimize the innocent.

the 1st century is the repudiation of judaism, false commandments the liar moses and abraham's hereditary idolatry as well what jesus taught, liberation theology, self determination - what other reason was there for its conclusion as well the crucifiers writing the christian bible.

recorded history itself makes foxfyre a plaintiff without merit the same as their madeup religion.

jesus was paradisian, the religion of antiquity the true path to the everlasting without mention of any desert religion.
You've repeated what you dislike about Christianity ad nauseum however one sided/prejudicial your opinions are, and nobody is trying to force you to be Christian or disbelieve anything you choose to believe.

But again. What motivates you to try to destroy the faith of Christians who find value in their faith. If you cannot answer that simple question you are just another mean spirited person who hurt people for sport.

You've repeated what you dislike about Christianity ad nauseum however one sided/prejudicial your opinions are, and nobody is trying to force you to be Christian or disbelieve anything you choose to believe.

But again. What motivates you to try to destroy the faith of Christians who find value in their faith. If you cannot answer that simple question you are just another mean spirited person who hurt people for sport.

try something new ...

1715015290552.jpeg

a time in recorded history the desert religions were not the forefront of persecution and victimization of the innocent ....

Forum List

Back