Zone1 Four Beliefs of Christian Doctrine - What If Any are Taken Away?

- rams embellishments hardly seem to match their limitless imagination. good luck for that one to ever touch down to earth again.

Christians did the same thing with Hosea. Ridiculous.

Many people think of prophets as fortunetellers who predict the future. In reality, they are much more like social critics or op-ed writers. They challenge political and religious leaders and their people to do what God wants them to do. They frequently attack political and economic elites for not taking care of the poor. They even criticize foreign entanglements and wars. And they frequently do it with harsh words.

Isaiah spoke in this tradition. In last Sunday's reading (the Book of Isaiah's 58th chapter, verses 7-10), he has the Lord telling the people and their leaders, "Share your bread with the hungry, shelter the oppressed and the homeless; clothe the naked ... ."

Read the whole book of Isaiah. It's all about Israel.

Do you know more than the Jews about their scripture?
The whole book outlines the Jews. Old and New T. Christ's visitation to them, and His coming return to them. But not every verse refers to Israel. Christ and the Gentiles have their place in the book also.
You may pretend that Israel has cheeks, a beard, and looks like a man, but it doesn't. The only one who got their beard ripped off of His face is Jesus. He even mentions the brutal act being used on Him.

The whole book outlines the Jews. Old and New T. Christ's visitation to them, and His coming return to them. But not every verse refers to Israel. Christ and the Gentiles have their place in the book also.
You may pretend that Israel has cheeks, a beard, and looks like a man, but it doesn't. The only one who got their beard ripped off of His face is Jesus. He even mentions the brutal act being used on Him.

There's no reference to Jesus in the OT. Jesus is enough without tampering with old testament scriptures.

Prophets are social critics not fortunetellers.

Christian doctrine seems to include the following beliefs:
1. Jesus was God in human form (immaculate conception);
2. Jesus performed miracles;
3. Jesus was God's blood sacrifice for our sins; and
4. Jesus physically arose from the dead.

My question is whether someone must accept all of these beliefs in order to be a Christian. What if Jesus was not immaculately conceived? What if He did not perform miracles? What if God did not demand His blood sacrifice? What if He did not physically arise from the dead?

I have always considered myself to be a Christian, but I have serious doubts as to the literal application of these beliefs. For example, how could Jesus be a man if he didn't possess X Chromosomes? From the Creator of the Universe, miracles seem like cheap card tricks. Did the New Testament God of Love really demand a human sacrifice? How would a human body physically ascend to Heaven?

Are all of these beliefs necessary to accept the authority of Christ's teachings?

None can be removed.

I am a Christian.

As a Jewish person about the old testament prophets.

I'll help....
Luke
34 Mary said to the angel, “How will this happen? I have never had a man.” 35 The angel said to her, “The Holy Spirit will come on you. The power of the Most High will cover you. The holy Child you give birth to will be called the Son of God.

Is scripture lying, or are you?

Show us that in Scripture liar.

The second Bible passage that points to the truth of the Immaculate Conception is Luke 1:28, the words of the angel Gabriel to Mary at the Annunciation, "Hail, full of grace." In the original Greek of the New Testament, the phrase "full of grace" is comprised in the word kecharitomene.

Last edited:

God says I have called my son Israel out of Egypt. He also calls Israel his servant.

Who is the servant of the LORD?” In Isaiah 41, we are introduced to the servant of the LORD, who is identified as Israel (Isaiah 41:8), and this figure bears great resemblance to Cyrus.

The second Bible passage that points to the truth of the Immaculate Conception is Luke 1:28, the words of the angel Gabriel to Mary at the Annunciation, "Hail, full of grace." In the original Greek of the New Testament, the phrase "full of grace" is comprised in the word kecharitomene.

Prove it. Scripture says Mary became pregnant without a man. So Scripture Lies?

None can be removed.

usually 3 strikes and the batter is out - in this case its 4 fallacies any one of which makes christianity a fake, makebelive religion it somehow, inexplicably survives on the absolute absurdities no person in their right mind would normally ever believe.

rather the true intent of the 1st century events is the repudiation of judaism, false commandments, hereditary idolatry etc as taught by jesus and rather liberation theology, self determination as the true path to the everlasting.

Forum List

Back