Utah ranked #1 state, 2 years in a row

1srelluc

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2021
Shenandoah Valley of Virginia
Some states shine in health care. Some soar in education. Some excel in both – or in much more. The Best States rankings by U.S. News draw on thousands of data points to measure how well states are performing for their citizens.

In addition to health care and education, the rankings take into account a state’s economy; its roads, bridges, internet and other infrastructure; its public safety; its natural environment; the fiscal stability of state government; and the opportunity it affords its residents.

More weight was accorded to some categories than others, based on a survey of what matters most to people. Health care and education were weighted most heavily. Then came state economies, infrastructure, and the opportunity states offer their citizens.

Fiscal stability followed closely in weighting, followed by measures of crime and corrections and a state's natural environment.

Virginia came in at #13 and I'd say that was fair given the number of transplants and two year span of total dem "leadership" a few years back and the FUBAR laws that were passed during that time.

That said I have an inkling that US News doesn’t weigh the same values that I find important in a state.

Anyway the list is ethnically challenged as there are only 1.9% black people in UT.
;)

Last edited:
It all comes down to individual priorities as to what is most important to you.
Some may want parks and recreation, some may want near the ocean, some may want first rate healthcare, some may want culture, some may want climate.
Hard to come up with a one size meets all evaluation

It all comes down to individual priorities as to what is most important to you.
Some may want parks and recreation, some may want near the ocean, some may want first rate healthcare, some may want culture, some may want climate.
Hard to come up with a one size meets all evaluation
And some value gangs, drugs, street violence, and electing democrats.

To each his own.

Some states shine in health care. Some soar in education. Some excel in both – or in much more. The Best States rankings by U.S. News draw on thousands of data points to measure how well states are performing for their citizens.

In addition to health care and education, the rankings take into account a state’s economy; its roads, bridges, internet and other infrastructure; its public safety; its natural environment; the fiscal stability of state government; and the opportunity it affords its residents.

More weight was accorded to some categories than others, based on a survey of what matters most to people. Health care and education were weighted most heavily. Then came state economies, infrastructure, and the opportunity states offer their citizens.

Fiscal stability followed closely in weighting, followed by measures of crime and corrections and a state's natural environment.

Virginia came in at #13 and I'd say that was fair given the number of transplants and two year span of total dem "leadership" a few years back and the FUBAR laws that were passed during that time.

That said I have an inkling that US News doesn’t weigh the same values that I find important in a state.

Anyway the list is ethnically challenged as there are only 1.9% black people in UT.
;)
Wow....I worked in Utah off and on for a number of years, but I wouldn't want to move there.

If I move, I will look at Nebraska and the Dakotas, and Iowa. I liked Utah, but wouldn't want to liver there; nice place to visit though.

And some value gangs, drugs, street violence, and electing democrats.

To each his own.
Since UTAH does 100% mail in voting...shouldn’t Democrats be running the state--since you guys swear that is how Democrats win elections?

Oh wait...let me guess...in the case of Utah...it doesn’t happen because...you know...deep state.

;)
Beautiful country but mainly because there are fewer people than in Brooklyn NY

Bottom Ten:
Pennsylvania
South Carolina
Michigan
Oklahoma
Alabama
Alaska
West Virginia
Arkansas
Mississippi
New Mexico
Louisiana

Wait Mississippi isn't last again?

How is that possible when Utah ranks 29th in GDP by state? Is it about the environment? What the hell is in Utah besides a salty lake and a rocky desert?

Forum List

Back