Utah ranked #1 state, 2 years in a row

My state came in at #27. I love Tennessee, but the one thing that makes a person shake their head is how high the tax is here, 9.75% that is, but it is because we don't income tax here.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

Some states shine in health care. Some soar in education. Some excel in both – or in much more. The Best States rankings by U.S. News draw on thousands of data points to measure how well states are performing for their citizens.

In addition to health care and education, the rankings take into account a state’s economy; its roads, bridges, internet and other infrastructure; its public safety; its natural environment; the fiscal stability of state government; and the opportunity it affords its residents.

More weight was accorded to some categories than others, based on a survey of what matters most to people. Health care and education were weighted most heavily. Then came state economies, infrastructure, and the opportunity states offer their citizens.

Fiscal stability followed closely in weighting, followed by measures of crime and corrections and a state's natural environment.

Virginia came in at #13 and I'd say that was fair given the number of transplants and two year span of total dem "leadership" a few years back and the FUBAR laws that were passed during that time.

That said I have an inkling that US News doesn’t weigh the same values that I find important in a state.

Anyway the list is ethnically challenged as there are only 1.9% black people in UT.
;)

Less blacks = higher the ranking

My state came in at #27. I love Tennessee, but the one thing that makes a person shake their head is how high the tax is here, 9.75% that is, but it is because we don't income tax here.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

Too many blacks in Tenn

Since UTAH does 100% mail in voting...shouldn’t Democrats be running the state--since you guys swear that is how Democrats win elections?

Oh wait...let me guess...in the case of Utah...it doesn’t happen because...you know...deep state.

They have honest election judges and poll watchers there. No wonder you're puzzled. You and your Party have no experience with any of that where you live.

They have honest election judges and poll watchers there.
LOL...
No wonder you're puzzled. You and your Party have no experience with any of that where you live.
You seem to not know what mail in balloting involves--there is no “poll” to watch.

What other reason can you come up with to explain it because that one didn’t make any sense.

I know it is hurtful.

But we should be truthful in a gentle manner.

At the end of the OP is the reason why Utah is able to rank No.1.

Too many blacks in Tenn
I don't know about that. I used to live in between two, but one of them passed away last year. His family now has his home up for sale.

God bless you and them and my other neighbor always!!!

Holly

P.S. My remaining neighbor has been next door to me since 1997 when I first moved into my home, and she has been nothing but wonderful. :) :) :)

Some states shine in health care. Some soar in education. Some excel in both – or in much more. The Best States rankings by U.S. News draw on thousands of data points to measure how well states are performing for their citizens.

In addition to health care and education, the rankings take into account a state’s economy; its roads, bridges, internet and other infrastructure; its public safety; its natural environment; the fiscal stability of state government; and the opportunity it affords its residents.

More weight was accorded to some categories than others, based on a survey of what matters most to people. Health care and education were weighted most heavily. Then came state economies, infrastructure, and the opportunity states offer their citizens.

Fiscal stability followed closely in weighting, followed by measures of crime and corrections and a state's natural environment.

Virginia came in at #13 and I'd say that was fair given the number of transplants and two year span of total dem "leadership" a few years back and the FUBAR laws that were passed during that time.

That said I have an inkling that US News doesn’t weigh the same values that I find important in a state.

Anyway the list is ethnically challenged as there are only 1.9% black people in UT.
;)

But Utah is a Blue State.....how can that.....
Oh...wait.

How is that possible when Utah ranks 29th in GDP by state? Is it about the environment? What the hell is in Utah besides a salty lake and a rocky desert?

Never been Zion's ? Moab.....? the Uintas ? Bryce ? St. George ? It's lots and lots.

Cashe Valley is beautiful. Except it snows way to much for me.

Forum List

Back