2 new COVID variants called 'FLiRT' are spreading in the U.S. What are the symptoms?

crossbody

Diamond Member
Jan 30, 2024
The family of variants, nicknamed "FLiRT," after their mutations, include KP.2, which is now the dominant variant in the United States. In recent weeks, KP.2 quickly overtook JN.1, the omicron subvariant that drove a surge in COVID cases this past winter.

Currently, KP.2 accounts for one in four infections nationwide, according to the latest data from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

During a two-week period ending April 27, KP.2 made up nearly 25% of cases in the U.S., up from about 10% during the previous two-week period ending on April 13. After KP.2, the next most common variant is JN,1, which accounts for 22% of cases, followed by two JN.1 subvariants, JN.1.7 and JN.1.13.1.

Why are they are spelling it:

FLiRT -what's with the lowercase letter i?

How do you wash a hog?

First kick it repeatedly where it most hurts .

Virus mutations occur naturally and all of the time .
There is a history of mutations that transfer faster but never with increased virulence .
As this so called "parent" virus ( still never isolated anywhere at any time) was like a weak dose of the common cold beforehand , this new alleged variant is close to harmless .

And if this soppy story continues , try and get info from top independent sources because WHO , FDA and CDC will never be honest .

The family of variants, nicknamed "FLiRT," after their mutations, include KP.2, which is now the dominant variant in the United States. In recent weeks, KP.2 quickly overtook JN.1, the omicron subvariant that drove a surge in COVID cases this past winter.

Currently, KP.2 accounts for one in four infections nationwide, according to the latest data from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

During a two-week period ending April 27, KP.2 made up nearly 25% of cases in the U.S., up from about 10% during the previous two-week period ending on April 13. After KP.2, the next most common variant is JN,1, which accounts for 22% of cases, followed by two JN.1 subvariants, JN.1.7 and JN.1.13.1.
Yeah? So? The Chinese infected the world with a new disease. It's here forever. Just like the flu.

Nothing to panic about.

First kick it repeatedly where it most hurts .

Virus mutations occur naturally and all of the time .
There is a history of mutations that transfer faster but never with increased virulence .
As this so called "parent" virus ( still never isolated anywhere at any time) was like a weak dose of the common cold beforehand , this new alleged variant is close to harmless .

And if this soppy story continues , try and get info from top independent sources because WHO , FDA and CDC will never be honest .
never? new, more (and less) potent strains of virus are mutating all time.,

COVID can leave behind a blood clot ....... voice of experience. Demand UltraSound before these things get big and dangerous. Mine showed up in my left leg which began to swell. It had been there a while. Go to the ER immediately. Doctors determined it was COVID as the culprit.

The blood thinner came in at $720.00 per month.

No, those who continue to wear masks are not thinking for themselves.

Masks don't stop viruses.
True, masks do not stop viruses.

However, we are going to wear our masks. If we are not thinking for ourselves then who is thinking for us?

Cool. If you're going to leave your home wear a mask.

"Wear a Mask" Song with Mr. Bryan! - YouTube​

YouTube
https://www.youtube.com · Illinois Autism Partnership

Wear a Mask (Be Our Guest Parody)​

YouTube · Noah Lindquist
3.3M+ views · 3 years ago

2:15

Wear a mask, wear a mask... is this really much to ask??? Lyrics by Noah Lindquist Performed by Noah Lindquist and Ashley Young Based on "Be ...

Wear a Mask - The Beauty and the Beast Musical Edition ...​

Facebook · Oxford University Scientific Society
180+ reactions · 3 years ago

Wear a Mask - The Beauty and the Beast Musical Edition ☺ Lyrics by Noah Lindquist Performed by Noah Lindquist and Ashley Young Based on "Be ...

COVID can leave behind a blood clot ....... voice of experience. Demand UltraSound before these things get big and dangerous. Mine showed up in my left leg which began to swell. It had been there a while. Go to the ER immediately. Doctors determined it was COVID as the culprit.

merrill, thank you so much for that information it is beneficial.

Cool. If you're going to leave your home wear a mask.

"Wear a Mask" Song with Mr. Bryan! - YouTube

YouTube
https://www.youtube.com · Illinois Autism Partnership

Wear a Mask (Be Our Guest Parody)

YouTube · Noah Lindquist
3.3M+ views · 3 years ago

Wear a mask, wear a mask... is this really much to ask??? Lyrics by Noah Lindquist Performed by Noah Lindquist and Ashley Young Based on "Be ...

Wear a Mask - The Beauty and the Beast Musical Edition ...

Facebook · Oxford University Scientific Society
180+ reactions · 3 years ago

Wear a Mask - The Beauty and the Beast Musical Edition ☺ Lyrics by Noah Lindquist Performed by Noah Lindquist and Ashley Young Based on "Be ...
Amen

I'm on my second 90 days to be sure it gets gone plus I have two ultra sound appointments this coming Tuesday....... COVID is too weird!

I'm on my second 90 days to be sure it gets gone plus I have two ultra sound appointments this coming Tuesday....... COVID is too weird!
hang in there merrill, trust God hope all is well with your ultra sound.

Forum List

Back