marijuana moving off Schedule 1

These threads are always the same....you've got the people saying marijuana is dangerous (which I agree with, but probably for different reasons) and then you have those who love smoking weed who laugh and say there's nothing at all harmful with it. And usually both sides end up getting mad at each other. lol

I'm just really really glad that I never had any interest in it, because I've seen with my own eyes that it is psychologically addictive. And that's just one of the problems with it.

straight edge ftw :p

I'm a person just like you
But I've got better things to do
Than sit around and fuck my head
Hang out with the living dead
Snort white shit up my nose
Pass out at the shows
I don't even think about speed
That's something I just don't need

It’s people who provide facts and data about the danger vs those who are too intolerant, addicted and dishonest to consider facts and data.
The problem is no longer a matter of pro/anti but it’s one of people subjecting others to their pot smoke in public and putting young people at greater risk. Extra dangerous scenario.

Bullshit. I smoked MJ in the past. Most of my friends did. Some of my siblings and cousins did. With the exception of one or two who I know also tried Coke, none of us ever took any other drugs. Alcohol destroys countless lives every year.
And you don’t think drugs cause countess lives every year?

It’s people who provide facts and data about the danger vs those who are too intolerant, addicted and dishonest to consider facts and data.
The problem is no longer a matter of pro/anti but it’s one of people subjecting others to their pot smoke in public and putting young people at greater risk. Extra dangerous scenario.

I know, I was just sort of thinking out loud last night when I commented about these threads. I agree with you that it's more dangerous than people realize. But I think I probably have a different reason for saying that. I haven't read all your posts on this topic, so I don't know what you've been saying about it. I don't want to get into my view on it right now (I was about to sign off here) but the cliff notes version would be, I believe it can affect people in a way that is more than just physical or mental. And that's one of the reasons why I hate to see people get into it...

Totally love an excellent cigar now and then!

I’m all for legalization, I just don’t buy into the myth that weed is healthy

I smoke a lot of cigars. And real, premium cigars are made 100% of tobacco leaf and thus don’t have all the chemicals in your list either.

Plus, you don’t inhale

But I don’t pretend that it’s harmless

Smoking weed is not harmless

Hmm, an interesting proposition…if they decriminalize marijuana, it will still be illegal for people with DOT safety sensitive jobs, truck drivers, for example, to use it.

This will be a case where people who drive trucks or other jobs like that , will be forbidden from using a legal in their off time.

I mean, no job I know of would tell their employees “you can’t drink alcohol on your days off”

This will be one of those things where they will make a caveat in the law to exclude employees like that from using pot

Interesting.
there is a difference when smoking on your day off or after work as to getting high before work....

there is a difference when smoking on your day off or after work as to getting high before work....

That’s just it, many trucking companies will not want you to use it because the THC remains in your body for up to 90 days.

They will try to argue that the presence of thc could affect you in some way.

I don’t know, I could see a lot of trucking companies banning it if you want to drive their trucks.

This will be a case where people who drive trucks or other jobs like that , will be forbidden from using a legal in their off time.

I mean, no job I know of would tell their employees “you can’t drink alcohol on your days off”
It already happens. My employer randomly screens field workers for alcohol and drugs at clock-in time. It’s a zero-tolerance policy. .01 BAC or any presence of thc is a fireable offense.

On-call workers cannot have any alcohol buying their on-call eeek as they are not allowed to do their job with any alcohol in their system. I used to be part of that group.

It already happens. My employer randomly screens field workers for alcohol and drugs at clock-in time. It’s a zero-tolerance policy. .01 BAC or any presence of thc is a fireable offense.

On-call workers cannot have any alcohol buying their on-call eeek as they are not allowed to do their job with any alcohol in their system. I used to be part of that group.
Well, yes , if you have alcohol in your blood, that means you were drinking too close to your shift.

As far as the, yes, it can get you fired, but it’s not yet federally legal.

My point was, when they do legalize it federally, companies will still be able to tell you you can’t use it, even if you are off work.

Well, yes , if you have alcohol in your blood, that means you were drinking too close to your shift.

My point was, when they do legalize it federally, companies will still be able to tell you you can’t use it, even if you are off work.
it should depend on the job......

Not that anyone cares, but FedGov is finally pulling its head out of its butt.

Pot smokers don't care if it's legal or not, but it makes it harder for the cartels to sell to dispensaries.
I’m thrilled another cancer causing substance is thinning the herd!

it should depend on the job......
If it’s legal, should an employer be able to tell you what you can do on your own time?

As long as you are not under the influence at work, should they have the rights to forbid you to do something that is legal?

BS. It is a gateway drug. It causes psychosis in at least 17% of users. It is dangerous.

Pot is so strong today that it should not be moved. If it was 1970s pot, sure.

This is exactly backwards. It should have been ok in 1970 and placed on the no go list now.

Agreed. It's so incredibly easy to find drug free hard working emoyees. I wish employers had it much more difficult.

Not to mention that daily pot smokers increase their risk of heart disease by 28% and their risk of stroke by 42%.
Plus
1714951895471.png

And young, developing brains are at greater risk of anxiety and depersonalization disorders as well as psychosis and depression when using pot regularly. 44% of pot usage disorder incidents in 2023 were between the age of 12 and 17.
They could have asked me about all of that fifty years ago.
Just shows how dangerous it is when the wrong people get control of the messaging.

And young, developing brains are at greater risk of anxiety and depersonalization disorders as well as psychosis and depression when using pot regularly. 44% of pot usage disorder incidents in 2023 were between the age of 12 and 17.
They could have asked me about all of that fifty years ago.
Just shows how dangerous it is when the wrong people get control of the messaging.
Explains a lot about what’s going on with young people today.

Forum List

Back