Why are Democrats against Voter ID?

Show me saying what you claim to you?
It's pretty simple.
You accuse me of being a (D). TRUE.
You make this claim. TRUE....see screenshot.

Screenshot 2024-05-14 at 6.07.59 PM.png

Therefore,
by the Transitive Property, you are directly accusing me of being against Voter ID.

I secret cabal of bogus voters can easily flash fake I.d.s at poll nannies. A large enough such secret cabal might even avoid detection until exposed by an audit.

The far more promising way of perverting an election is by hacking into and altering the tabulation data.
In my understanding, when you use MySQL it cannot be hacked.

Also, with the IDs they have signatures too I guess.

In my understanding, when you use MySQL it cannot be hacked.

Also, with the IDs they have signatures too I guess.
Voters who vote in person on election day cast a single vote. Casting a bogus vote with reasonable prospects of perverting an election result would normally require a large, coordinated conspiracy.

The fact that some folks are paranoid about the very rare instances and ineffectuality of this sort of voter fraud is unfortunate.

Eight states allow all elections to be conducted entirely by mail. Maybe all should.

It was on the Daily Show.

Black people are disproportionately poorer, so they disproportionately have a harder time voting.
You mean to tell me that you can't go to YouTube and find the show or clip that mentioned it? Of course, it's going to be a white liberal trying to say that black people have unique issues that keeps us from getting IDs. The bigotry of low expectations. There are states where one can get a state ID for free. I think even poor people can afford free things. Somehow, the lower class white and Latinos/Hispanics don't seem to run into the same issues to talk about them. Reminds me of those videos I see of white people (liberals) saying that lots of us don't have IDs or can't get to the DMV. Then, they interview black people, and they say that they know where the DMV is and show that they have an ID/driver's license.

You mean to tell me that you can't go to YouTube and find the show or clip that mentioned it? Of course, it's going to be a white liberal trying to say that black people have unique issues that keeps us from getting IDs. The bigotry of low expectations. There are states where one can get a state ID for free. I think even poor people can afford free things. Somehow, the lower class white and Latinos/Hispanics don't seem to run into the same issues to talk about them. Reminds me of those videos I see of white people (liberals) saying that lots of us don't have IDs or can't get to the DMV. Then, they interview black people, and they say that they know where the DMV is and show that they have an ID/driver's license.
It was a Black woman on TV. There is a clip of it somewhere. It was the Daily Show. Nothing to do with low expectations.

"Some states." Other minorities do have such problems.

Here's a big one though...

if you work all the time, you need a mail-in ballot. The people that work the most and get paid the least are the most Trump voting.

Democracies require effort to survive. If identifying oneself and managing to vote is too much effort, then democracy is not for you.

It was a Black woman on TV. There is a clip of it somewhere. It was the Daily Show. Nothing to do with low expectations.

"Some states." Other minorities do have such problems.

Here's a big one though...

if you work all the time, you need a mail-in ballot. The people that work the most and get paid the least are the most Trump voting.

When did the show with the clip air? I'm sure YouTube have previous episodes. Just because a black person says it doesn't mean it applies to all of us or it's even true. Remember when Georgia passed its voting bill and we were told from President Biden that it was "Jim Crow 2.0"? Stacey Abrams said a lot of bad things would happen because it passed. Then there were record number of voters in the first election after the bill was signed? But a black woman said so .... :dunno:

Other minorities have such problems, huh? You stated it was because black people were proportionally poorer. Until I brought it up, you didn't even bother to mention other minorities. And most people who are against voter ID don't mention other minorities. I'm trying to figure what being a minority have to do with the ability to get an ID. Do white people have some special code or deal with the DMV that it's less of a hassle for y'all to get an ID? Because pretty much everybody, regardless of race or class, has to take time off to get an ID.

I'm sure that you have some actual evidence to support that. My guess would be that it's the working middle class that's leaning to Trump, and the elites tend to vote Democrat. Silicon Valley, Wall Street, entertainers/sports, trial lawyers, union bosses ... all vast majority democrat voters. The problem for democrats is that the working middle class outnumber the elites.

When did the show with the clip air? I'm sure YouTube have previous episodes. Just because a black person says it doesn't mean it applies to all of us or it's even true. Remember when Georgia passed its voting bill and we were told from President Biden that it was "Jim Crow 2.0"? Stacey Abrams said a lot of bad things would happen because it passed. Then there were record number of voters in the first election after the bill was signed? But a black woman said so .... :dunno:

Other minorities have such problems, huh? You stated it was because black people were proportionally poorer. Until I brought it up, you didn't even bother to mention other minorities. And most people who are against voter ID don't mention other minorities. I'm trying to figure what being a minority have to do with the ability to get an ID. Do white people have some special code or deal with the DMV that it's less of a hassle for y'all to get an ID? Because pretty much everybody, regardless of race or class, has to take time off to get an ID.

I'm sure that you have some actual evidence to support that. My guess would be that it's the working middle class that's leaning to Trump, and the elites tend to vote Democrat. Silicon Valley, Wall Street, entertainers/sports, trial lawyers, union bosses ... all vast majority democrat voters. The problem for democrats is that the working middle class outnumber the elites.
whatever

I heard it on the Daily Show, and then I live in a conservative place and I found it puts its DMV out in the middle of nowhere with no bus access.
Right, had blacks are so poor they can’t afford cars, not smart enough to know to go to DMV for ID.

The left seems to believe blacks are dumb.

Studying the issues and evaluating the debates (real debates, not the telereality presentations) are much more difficult than registering and going to vote. When democracies don't have voters that do this, the democracies don't last.

It was on the Daily Show.

Black people are disproportionately poorer, so they disproportionately have a harder time voting.
Actual data on voting proves that's false.

And surveys of black voters say they had no issues voting

UGA poll: 0% of black respondents said their voting experience in Georgia was poor in the 2022 midterm election. Around 73% of black voters said it was excellent, equal to white voters.

Last edited:
When did I say Blacks were dumb?
They can get ID just like anyone else, they need no help from anyone, they are just as smart, intelligent and capable than most Americans. Not sure why you think that they are unable to get ID.

They can get ID just like anyone else, they need no help from anyone, they are just as smart, intelligent and capable than most Americans. Not sure why you think that they are unable to get ID.
They're just as smart although they have worse education. They just don't have as much money.

Georgia != the nation.
I picked Georgia because of the high population of poor blacks. And it's also where the President came out with his shameful "Jim Crow 2.0" lie. Cost Atlanta the world series.

You can check virtually every other jurisdiction where voter ID has been implemented - black voter participation stayed the same or went up, like in Georgia.

Or you could stick with something some talking head on the Daily Show told you.

Last edited:
I picked Georgia because of the high population of poor blacks. And it's also where the President came out with his shameful "Jim Crow 2.0" lie. Cost Atlanta the world series.

You can check virtually every other jurisdiction where voter ID has been implemented - black voter participation stayed the same or went up, like in Georgia.

Or you could stick with something some talking head on the Daily Show told you.
Alright I'll assume you have corrected me.

Anyway, Black people may struggle to be fulfilled because of Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs. When they can't be safe or they worry about their lives for instance, we should not expect them to be fulfilled.

Forum List

Back