zuckerberg Calls For Reform That Isn't Reform, Just A Power Grab

Dana7360

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2014
I believe that business should contribute to legislation but not be the sole creator of it.

This is a very good example of what happens when private business is allowed the power to write legislation.

What he is proposing won't remove the liability protections for social media.

He's proposing for social media to prove it can police itself.

Which is nothing but a total joke. It will also prevent small start ups because of the high cost of what zukerberg is proposing.

There needs to be real reform. What zukerberg proposes isn't real reform.

I will say if the liability is removed from social media it will become more censored. No owner of a site is going to want to be sued by someone else because of what someone posted on their site. It will also bring higher costs to the site due to the need for more people policing the site.

I don't know what the answer is but zukerberg's proposal isn't it.

Well, it would bankrupt twitter which is why he supports these reforms. Conservatives should at least be happy about that.

Well, it would bankrupt twitter which is why he supports these reforms. Conservatives should at least be happy about that.

Yes it will harm smaller existing companies and will seriously prevent new ones from starting up.

Allowing an industry to police itself is so ridiculous. Talk about the wolf guarding the henhouse.

Forum List

Back