Yuge: Ohio Family Bakery Stopped Shoplifter, Protesters Called Them Racist, Jury Awards Them $11M

Ohio jury awards $11 million to bakery owners targeted by Oberlin College student protests - Washington Times

Black students shoplift from bakery and are arrested.

Stupid fucking SJW students and Oberlin faculty try to put bakery out of business with threats and calls they are racist.

Bakery shoves it right up the college’s ass.

Fuck you social justice warrior losers.
It gets better: First, the final award was $31.5 Million and now: DISPATCHES FROM GROUND ZERO OF THE EDUCATION APOCALYPSE:

Oberlin to lay off 108 employees, save $2 million per year.

Oberlin College planning to lay off 108 employees in its dining services and custodial departments in order to obtain vendor-provided contract services is a symptom of the college’s effort to cut costs as it faces deficit spending, the college announced Tuesday.​

The effort will save the college an estimated $2 million per year, it announced Tuesday.
The folks they canned make $18k/yr. Clearly the big fish continue to draw checks.

6F366E9B-5EE2-4A41-B387-05E253B8CD5C.jpeg

The folks they canned make $18k/yr. Clearly the big fish continue to draw checks.

Yes, its time for the college to throw big fish back to the unemployment line so they can test their worth in the real world

Something not noted..........this appears to be a stupid reason to protest over but it all appears to be started by the stupid idea that you have to be 21 to buy alcohol.
It appears to have been started over the attempted theft of two bottles of wine and subsequent assault by three students on a bakery owner when the crime was interrupted.

Once more you fixate on exactly the wrong thing.

It says he originally tried to buy the wine.

There generally is always more to a story.
Is this what Selma was for? A lot of innocent people destroyed by crap like this. Over and over. It takes away from real transgressions.

I stated it was not something worthy of protesting over.

Punch them back twice as hard.

A family that has owned and operated an Ohio bakery near Oberlin College since 1885 suffered accusations of racism and protests after stopping a black Oberlin College student from shoplifting. That prompted the Gibson family, which has owned and operated the business since its inception, to sue the college and its interim vice president and dean of students, Meredith Raimondo, asserting that they had defamed the bakery and caused emotional distress.

On Friday, a jury awarded the family $11 million.

A witness for the plaintiffs, accountant Frank Monaco, had testified that the Gibsons were set to lose about $5.8 million over the next 30 years because of the accusations of racism. He noted that the business had been in operation for over 130 years, adding, “When you have people thinking you’re racist, and you live in a small town, the accusation can last a lifetime.”

A witness testifying for the defendants claimed the business was worth only $35,000.

According to the lawsuit filed by the Gibson family, David Gibson and his son, Allyn, were working at the bakery on November 9, 2016, when Jonathan Aladin entered the bakery with two other students, Cecelia Whettstone and Endia Lawrence.

According to The Chronicle-Telegram:

Oberlin police reported that Aladin tried to buy a bottle of wine Nov. 9 but Allyn Gibson, whose family owns the bakery, refused to sell it to him. Gibson confronted Aladin about the two bottles of wine the student allegedly had hidden under his shirt. The police report said Gibson told Aladin he was calling the police and not to leave. Aladin allegedly tried to leave, and Gibson told police he took out his phone to take a picture. That’s when Gibson said Aladin slapped the phone from his hand and the device hit Gibson in the face. Police have said Aladin then ran from the store, dropping the two bottles of wine to the floor.

Gibson chased after Aladin and the two men got into a physical confrontation outside.When police arrived, they reported seeing Gibson on the ground with Aladin, Lawrence and Whettstone hitting him.

Ohio Family Bakery Stopped Shoplifter. Protesters Called Them Racist. This Jury Just Awarded The Bakery $11 Million.
Well, they wonder why people are getting crazy, this is the reason. I found that Stupid is catching.
I'm surprised if
Something not noted..........this appears to be a stupid reason to protest over but it all appears to be started by the stupid idea that you have to be 21 to buy alcohol.
It appears to have been started over the attempted theft of two bottles of wine and subsequent assault by three students on a bakery owner when the crime was interrupted.

Once more you fixate on exactly the wrong thing.

It says he originally tried to buy the wine.

There generally is always more to a story.
Shoplifters often conceal items and then buy something to show they're not shoplifting. And in small stores, it would look suspicious if they walked in and then out without buying anything. Happens all the time.
Voice of experience?

1. A shoutout to the jury members for supporting the bakery's owners.

2. If the trial had taken place here in liberal Los Angeles, the jury would probably not only have refused to grant any financial compensation but would probably have demanded that the bakery pay that thief compensation.

3. In the coming decades, however, businesses can forget any such courageous jury decisions. More and more juries will be packed with individuals who think that stealing is a right.

:icon_rolleyes: Yeah..actually you said the idea that there is a 21 year old age limit in Ohio for drinking was the stupid thing not worth protesting over and this is what started this all.

And that had nothing to do with my point that you were ignoring the theft of two bottles of wine
which is what really started this all.

Maybe you have confused yourself with your own obtuse posts.

:icon_rolleyes: Yeah..actually you said the idea that there is a 21 year old age limit in Ohio for drinking was the stupid thing not worth protesting over. And that had nothing to do with my point that you were ignoring the theft of two bottles of wine.

Maybe you have confused yourself with your obtuse posts.

Maybe you can't read.

Maybe you can't read.
And maybe you have an unfortunate habit of not being able to let your own stupid comments pass by without compounding your problems by endlessly trying to defend what should not and cannot be defended.

In real literal fact the act of hiding two bottles of wine so you could innocently purchase a third bottle, which couldn't be done anyway due to age restrictions, was the actual start of his chain of events. Both in terms of an actual timeline of events and in terms of legality the theft of alcohol was the real problem and the start of the criminal chain of events.

Not being able to buy a bottle of wine was not the real problem here. It was the theft of two other bottles.
Just accept what an argumentative dumb fuck you are.

A family that has owned and operated an Ohio bakery near Oberlin College since 1885 suffered accusations of racism and protests after stopping a black Oberlin College student from shoplifting. That prompted the Gibson family, which has owned and operated the business since its inception, to sue the college and its interim vice president and dean of students, Meredith Raimondo, asserting that they had defamed the bakery and caused emotional distress.

A witness for the plaintiffs, accountant Frank Monaco, had testified that the Gibsons were set to lose about $5.8 million over the next 30 years because of the accusations of racism. He noted that the business had been in operation for over 130 years, adding, “When you have people thinking you’re racist, and you live in a small town, the accusation can last a lifetime.”

A witness testifying for the defendants claimed the business was worth only $35,000.

According to the lawsuit filed by the Gibson family, David Gibson and his son, Allyn, were working at the bakery on November 9, 2016, when Jonathan Aladin entered the bakery with two other students, Cecelia Whettstone and Endia Lawrence.

According to The Chronicle-Telegram:

Oberlin police reported that Aladin tried to buy a bottle of wine Nov. 9 but Allyn Gibson, whose family owns the bakery, refused to sell it to him. Gibson confronted Aladin about the two bottles of wine the student allegedly had hidden under his shirt. The police report said Gibson told Aladin he was calling the police and not to leave. Aladin allegedly tried to leave, and Gibson told police he took out his phone to take a picture. That’s when Gibson said Aladin slapped the phone from his hand and the device hit Gibson in the face. Police have said Aladin then ran from the store, dropping the two bottles of wine to the floor.

Gibson chased after Aladin and the two men got into a physical confrontation outside.When police arrived, they reported seeing Gibson on the ground with Aladin, Lawrence and Whettstone hitting him.

Ohio Family Bakery Stopped Shoplifter. Protesters Called Them Racist. This Jury Just Awarded The Bakery $11 Million.
And your point here is what exactly. When posting an OP, it's customary to include some commentary regarding your take on the matter.

Last edited:

Where does the money come from when anyone is awarded a large enough amount?

God bless you and the family always!!!

Holly

Ohio jury awards $11 million to bakery owners targeted by Oberlin College student protests - Washington Times

Black students shoplift from bakery and are arrested.

Stupid fucking SJW students and Oberlin faculty try to put bakery out of business with threats and calls they are racist.

Bakery shoves it right up the college’s ass.

Fuck you social justice warrior losers.
It gets better: First, the final award was $31.5 Million and now: DISPATCHES FROM GROUND ZERO OF THE EDUCATION APOCALYPSE:

Oberlin to lay off 108 employees, save $2 million per year.

Oberlin College planning to lay off 108 employees in its dining services and custodial departments in order to obtain vendor-provided contract services is a symptom of the college’s effort to cut costs as it faces deficit spending, the college announced Tuesday.​

The effort will save the college an estimated $2 million per year, it announced Tuesday.

6F366E9B-5EE2-4A41-B387-05E253B8CD5C.jpeg
Yup, the "dining services and custodial departments" are invisible to the bean counters. They'd never cut the overpaid administrators, or go without wasteful spending on stupid courses like the "Gender, Sexuality, and Feminist Studies Programs."

As a small business owner myself, I am pleased with the outcome. The money will most certainly help, but the true damage, which is the sullying of the family business will never fully go away. Shame on everyone involved in the smearing of their name.

:icon_rolleyes: Yeah..actually you said the idea that there is a 21 year old age limit in Ohio for drinking was the stupid thing not worth protesting over. And that had nothing to do with my point that you were ignoring the theft of two bottles of wine.

Maybe you can't read.

Can you really not see or just not admit that the students and college were in the wrong and the old white people were the innocent victims?

You are siding with injustice and crime and racism and hate.

Maybe you can't read.

Can you really not see or just not admit that the students and college were in the wrong and the old white people were the innocent victims?

I said that this was no reason for the protests. I never blamed the shop owners.

Maybe you can't read.

I said that this was no reason for the protests. I never blamed the shop owners.

The only sane response to the actions by the student body and the college, is to condemn them.

Forum List

Back