You've probably noticed.......

bluzman61

Diamond Member
Sep 3, 2019
Valparaiso, Indiana USA
That I love to talk about music and sports, and to a lesser degree, books and movies. This is not surprising because the two topics on this site I have the most interest in ARE music and sports. And I like to see what others think about something I start a thread about. So the majority of the threads I start on here will most likely be about one of these two topics. Please let me know if you have an idea for a thread you may want me to start. This could be pretty much anything pertaining to any of the four major sports - baseball, basketball, football or hockey. As far as music is concerned, pretty much anything up to about the year 2000, but NOT anything about rap music or newer country music, pre-1990. I know very little about these genres, and not a whole lot about music after 2000. I know OF and have heard OF the big names, but I don't listen to the music. And it's ironic that I DON'T really have a lot of knowledge about politics. I didn't really have much interest in politics until October of 2016, when I did some intense research about the two presidential candidates that year. I'm learning new things about politics each day, which is a good thing.

Here I am seventy years old and I'm just now discovering John Prine and Steve Goodman. How does that even happen? ;)
its called adult life. I lost track of all pop culture in 1995 when the second child was born. From there it was work,take care of kids, go to bed rinse and repeat. I would imagine it was similar for you. Now my kids are grown the devils spawn has a new guy and I fish and travel. Starting to get caught up on pop culture till shit opens again then fish and travel.

Here I am seventy years old and I'm just now discovering John Prine and Steve Goodman. How does that even happen? ;)
its called adult life. I lost track of all pop culture in 1995 when the second child was born. From there it was work,take care of kids, go to bed rinse and repeat. I would imagine it was similar for you. Now my kids are grown the devils spawn has a new guy and I fish and travel. Starting to get caught up on pop culture till shit opens again then fish and travel.

Exactly we had our era mine was the 1980s today's music and sports don't rock my boat anymore.

In a way, I am in the same boat. Sadly Billy Joe Royal had to go forward in order for me to discover who I had been missing out on all them years.

God bless you and those who have loved him longer than me always!!!

Holly (forever wishing that I had discovered him sooner)

More time on your hands these days, maybe?
Oh yeah. And this YouTube stuff makes everything so accessible. It took me forever to even get on a computer, so in some ways I'm young and inexperienced. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Oh yeah. And this YouTube stuff makes everything so accessible. It took me forever to even get on a computer, so in some ways I'm young and inexperienced. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.
YouTube IS amazing for being able to listen to pretty much ANYTHING that's out there.

YouTube IS amazing for being able to listen to pretty much ANYTHING that's out there.
notsomuch if you want to hear The Beatles.
Try and find "The Eggman and the Walrus."
Oh! Things are better these days. No they're not. You can't get the original without a lot of digging.
The original vid is not on Youtube.

Last edited:
You most likely have a horrible taste in music.
Most of you boomers do

I worked in the music industry from 2001 until 2015, and for a period of time was the guy whose desk unsolicited demos would come across.

You would be shocked at how much truly horrible music is out there.

There's also a ton of it which absolutely destroys the shit you'll hear on any radio station...

Most of you boomers do

I worked in the music industry from 2001 until 2015, and for a period of time was the guy whose desk unsolicited demos would come across.

There's also a ton of it which absolutely destroys the shit you'll hear on any radio station...
I search for nonmainstream music.
Back before the Rona, I traveled 2 hours to hear 4 local bands. They fucking killed it.

Most of you boomers do

I search for nonmainstream music.
Back before the Rona, I traveled 2 hours to hear 4 local bands. They fucking killed it.

I used to routinely make the drive from San Diego to Los Angeles to hear bands at The Whiskey. Most were... adequate, but occasionally there were some which had "it". One of my favorites was a band called FM Revolver. They were out of San Diego, but the clubs in San Diego couldn't hold their crowds. Their singer was the complete opposite of what you're expect the lead singer of a hard rock band to be. He was fat and kinda' nerdish. But, man, could that sonofabitch bring it. Their drummer was also the most technical drummer I'd ever heard short of Carl Palmer or Neil Peart. They also wrote all of their own stuff.

Here's a taste: FM Revolver - Suit Of Lights

Forum List

Back