You've come a long way baby

Manonthestreet

Diamond Member
May 20, 2014
Over the last five decades, feminism has made a long march through American culture, culminating in the first female vice president of the United States. But it isn’t clear that feminism’s fruits are helping everyone. Happiness metrics confirm that women are struggling: Suicides, depression, substance abuse, and sexually transmitted infections have all increased dramatically over the last five decades. Women aren’t becoming happier, just more medicated. A 2020 Pew Report showed that over 50 percent of liberal white women under 30 have some sort of mental-health issue. That statistic alone is stunning enough to indicate that something is going very wrong for the modern woman, despite the steady uptick of feminist advances. Why Don’t We Tell Women What’s Making Them Miserable? | National Review
Its probably all mens fault some way some how,,,,,,,,

They're out in the world coming under the stress of changing roles and for some unfamiliar environments. The ''Rat Race'' their fathers and grandfathers had to deal with. An interesting article.

Biden took the Afghan women back 1000 years.
Talibanbeatingwomen.jpg

talibanbeatwomen.jpg

Over the last five decades, feminism has made a long march through American culture, culminating in the first female vice president of the United States. But it isn’t clear that feminism’s fruits are helping everyone. Happiness metrics confirm that women are struggling: Suicides, depression, substance abuse, and sexually transmitted infections have all increased dramatically over the last five decades. Women aren’t becoming happier, just more medicated. A 2020 Pew Report showed that over 50 percent of liberal white women under 30 have some sort of mental-health issue. That statistic alone is stunning enough to indicate that something is going very wrong for the modern woman, despite the steady uptick of feminist advances. Why Don’t We Tell Women What’s Making Them Miserable? | National Review
Its probably all mens fault some way some how,,,,,,,,
Suicide is high for veterans also does that mean they are feminist?

Being happy and being medicated have one thing in common. They are both conscious, personal choices.

The only person you can blame for too little of one or too much of the other is yourself.
The lack of sacrifices to the Gods could be a determining factor of a sorry soul.

Oh, look! Another thread about heterosexual men blaming women! Well, gosh! Something has gone wrong with straight men for a very long time. They hold their partners in contempt while having sex with them and impregnating them. Women have never done the kind to shit to men that men have done to women. On just the narrow issue of democracy in the U.S, males denied their heterosexual lovers and the mothers of their children full participation in democracy for how long?

Heterosexual men need to grow up and learn to stand along side of their partners. Is this too much to ask?

I have contempt for anyone who would have sex for me.

I would also question their tastes.

Wow. I'm sorry that you feel so badly about yourself. I think that sharing my body with another person is an act of love and respect. Intimacy is a gift bestowed. But then again, I am not a donald trump, who seems to have given his body freely and laughed about it. I believe in taking the dignity route.

Oh, look! Another thread about heterosexual men blaming women! Well, gosh! Something has gone wrong with straight men for a very long time. They hold their partners in contempt while having sex with them and impregnating them. Women have never done the kind to shit to men that men have done to women. On just the narrow issue of democracy in the U.S, males denied their heterosexual lovers and the mothers of their children full participation in democracy for how long?

Heterosexual men need to grow up and learn to stand along side of their partners. Is this too much to ask?
3a6b473b-2c93-407f-b574-70a12631a4d9-jpeg.529269

Wow. I'm sorry that you feel so badly about yourself. I think that sharing my body with another person is an act of love and respect. Intimacy is a gift bestowed. But then again, I am not a donald trump, who seems to have given his body freely and laughed about it. I believe in taking the dignity route.
9a4f1845-5332-4532-92c2-b4179b8c2460-jpeg.529414

". . .These elements, which were so obvious throughout most of human history, are the real remedy for so much that afflicts all of us. But they are things radical feminists don’t want to be spoken out loud. Over the last five decades, a carefully constructed closed system has been created so that anything outside its boundaries is almost unthinkable. Hollywood, universities, politics, the fashion industry, magazines, daytime television, and book publishing generate enough ideological tale-weaving to make sure that there is only one narrative in town. Faith and family are about the only outliers that might let the slip show. Is it any wonder that these too are under attack?

But more-satisfying ways to live do exist, ways where dignity is honored, health is truly valued, body parts aren’t ignored or rendered useless, and relationships — which are at the true heart of most women — aren’t fleeting or shallow, useful or convenient, but deep, abiding, and life-giving. If only we could find a way to tell this to every woman."

Deflection and lies

Deflection and lies
How so?

Your National Review article is a propaganda piece, and women and girls have always been subjected to an incredible amount of right-wing propaganda.

I think that this should be replaced by fact-based education starting at an early age, not only about the mechanics of sex, reproduction, and contraception, but also about human relationships and such things as the difference between love and sexual desire, how to spot a person who is controlling, manipulative, and predatory, and how to avoid such people. Many societies, including some people in ours, believe in keeping girls ignorant so that they are easy prey. Girls get their heads stuffed with love and hearts and flowers, but nobody is smart enough to tell them as they reach puberty and start posting pictures in their rooms of their favorite movie stars or rock idols that many times it is just strong hormones kicking in. It is the same for women as it is for men; there are some people of the "opposite" sex who are are sexually attractive to be enjoyable as one-night stands and others who are loving, loyal, valuable people worth spending one's life with and having children with, but nobody tells the girls this.

My mother got wrapped up in this holy Catholic thing, wearing a lace mantilla and gazing at the altar. I even ended up with her at St. Peter's at the Vatican when I was 16.:rolleyes: In short, she didn't know shit. Fortunately for me, her little sister left home at 16 with a full scholarship and without saying goodbye to their mother, and, in time, became an officer in the USAF (if you were wounded in Vietnam she might have been one of those people who saved your ass) and traveled the world. She knew that my mother could not be depended on, so she took over and guided me into adulthood. She told me everything and gave me the cautions. Result: no accidental pregnancies and, until the more recent security problems, I always carried a Swiss Army knife in my bag, and always was the one who had the Phillips screwdriver handy.

To add to this, while I went to a Catholic-run university, we dorm sisters all trooped down to the downtown Planned Parenthood clinic, which provided incredible help, and nothing stopped us from becoming the successful doctors, lawyers, educators, scientists, and tech engineers that we became.

Now I ask you, was the first time that you had sex was with the person you had married that day?

Forum List

Back