You're ridiculous if you think we gave into Kim and got nothing out of it.

Same for us. Everything is easily reversible if Kim doesn't cooperate.
If it is reversible it means you gave up something. As opposed to the premise of your OP.

It'll be reversible when we actually lift the sanctions. Nothing has really happened yet. And the war games? Good, it's a waste of money. End it regardless of what happens in my opinion. It's amazing the way you people are willing to split hairs and ignore obvious reality to keep from even giving Trump a pat on the back one time. The diplomatic progress we have made with North Korea is rather significant and unquestionably a good thing.

What makes you think Trump can be diplomatic?

He just proved he can. He made progress with the most stubborn regime on Earth.

Dude.....name the person or entity with whom Trump has been able to maintain a strong diplomatic relationship over time.

You really want to believe in this man. I am sorry. You will be disappointed. He cares only about himself.

The diplomatic progress we have made with North Korea is rather significant and unquestionably a good thing.
Not if the demand NK gives up its nukes in order to lift sanctions remains in place. It that is the case nothing has changed apart from the present cessation of military exercises.

No progress was made in that direction whatsoever.

Yeah, you know, other than him showing unprecedented willingness to do so after the president respected him enough to meet face to face, and other than China putting pressure on NK to cooperate. It's for real, and before long you'll realize you were wrong. I wonder if at that point you'll give some credit. Probably not.

You fools are acting as if Kim has already surrendered his nukes. He won't. Do NOT count on it.

No, people are celebrating what seems like unprecedented diplomacy with North Korea. Is it possible that Kim will throw it in our faces? Yes, but that possibility is worth it when we're talking about peace and stability. It's a chance worth taking, and you should be ashamed of yourself for not being supportive of the idea.
I am still waiting to hear what we got out of "it". You have not provided a shred of what has been gained.

Kim went to Singapore and you came in your pants. That was easy!

Wow. I wonder what you all will do if Kim sends an autographed photo of himself to Donald Trump. Faint?

I am still waiting to hear what we got out of "it

face to face discussion.

Hopefully, with more on the way.

That ( a face to face with Kim ) is not a win for us.

nor is it a loss.

Opening a discussion in order to improve conditions is never a loss.

True.....but this was too much given. SOS is plenty of weight for a discussion.

Hope for the future is what we got out of it. It looks better than it ever has before,
It looks exactly the same as it always has except for saving some military exercise expenses.

I think Kim really appreciated that Trump was willing to respect him enough to meet face to face. How can we expect people to cooperate when we don't respect them enough to have normal diplomacy? He's even talking about visiting Washington now. This level of cordiality between our leaders has never happened before, not even close. Considering China's stake in it too, I really believe it's different this time. I guess time will tell.

Kim has earned no respect. From anyone.

Right, but Trump respected him enough to meet. How can we expect them to cooperate when we aren't even willing to meet them face to face and acknowledge them as a nation?

Note the sneering tone of this Fox News story: Iran, Cuba and now North Korea? Obama signals he is ready to talk with Kim Jong-un

Standing with South Korea’s president last week, Obama said he favored Korean reunification, but also signaled he’s ready to talk with the Hermit Kingdom.

“As my administration has shown with Iran and with Cuba, we are also prepared to engage nations with which we have had troubled histories,” he declared.

As usual, he coupled that with a stern-sounding warning, adding,“Pyongyang needs to understand it will not achieve the economic development it seeks so long as it clings to nuclear weapons.”

That’s a good one. Given his complete surrender to both Iran and Cuba, the warning is hollow. It’s code for get out the welcome wagon.

Fox?

The last time I watched Fox, O'Reilly was interviewing Obama.

Hope for the future is what we got out of it. It looks better than it ever has before,
It looks exactly the same as it always has except for saving some military exercise expenses.

I think Kim really appreciated that Trump was willing to respect him enough to meet face to face. How can we expect people to cooperate when we don't respect them enough to have normal diplomacy? He's even talking about visiting Washington now. This level of cordiality between our leaders has never happened before, not even close. Considering China's stake in it too, I really believe it's different this time. I guess time will tell.

Right, but Trump respected him enough to meet. How can we expect them to cooperate when we aren't even willing to meet them face to face and acknowledge them as a nation?

Do you HONESTLY believe that Donald Trump respects Kim Jung Un?

Of course not. I don't think Donald Trump truly respects anybody. That's not the point. He was willing to show respect by meeting face to face, which made Kim Jong Un much more agreeable. I wouldn't want to cooperate either if my adversary didn't even respect me enough to have a diplomatic meeting about peace going forward. It's going to be different this time; you'll see.

Of course not. I don't think Donald Trump truly respects anybody. That's not the point. He was willing to show respect by meeting face to face, which made Kim Jong Un much more agreeable. I wouldn't want to cooperate either if my adversary didn't even respect me enough to have a diplomatic meeting about peace going forward. It's going to be different this time; you'll see.

Wow.....I think I have heard it all now. Peace out.

Wow.....I think I have heard it all now. Peace out.

Later dude; good talk.

`
Can you imagine if Obama had given Dictator/Cult-Leader/Commie, a Legitimacy meeting, and also promised to stop military exercises, the Licked his Dick/called him the Albert Schweizer of Asia, then left and declared victory?
`

If Obama was having peace talks with Kim the left would be singing his praises and the right would be doing exactly what the left is doing right now. Minimizing it, refusing to be positive, hoping he fails etc.
There's nothing positive about Trump's deal. Obama's -though flawed - kept Iran from having a nuke. Live with it.
Time is what keeps Iran from getting a nuke. Obama's deal had nothing to do with it.
Iran would have a nuke right now, or we'd have had a war, without Obama's deal. Deal with it.
That simply is not true. Deal with that.

No, people are celebrating what seems like unprecedented diplomacy with North Korea. Is it possible that Kim will throw it in our faces? Yes, but that possibility is worth it when we're talking about peace and stability. It's a chance worth taking, and you should be ashamed of yourself for not being supportive of the idea.
I am still waiting to hear what we got out of "it". You have not provided a shred of what has been gained.

Kim went to Singapore and you came in your pants. That was easy!

Wow. I wonder what you all will do if Kim sends an autographed photo of himself to Donald Trump. Faint?

I am still waiting to hear what we got out of "it

face to face discussion.

Hopefully, with more on the way.

That ( a face to face with Kim ) is not a win for us.

nor is it a loss.

Opening a discussion in order to improve conditions is never a loss.

True.....but this was too much given. SOS is plenty of weight for a discussion.

too much given?

hardly.

They were delayed during the Winter Games back in Jan/Feb.

and they will only 'cease' as long as Kim holds up his end of the bargain.

`
Can you imagine if Obama had given Dictator/Cult-Leader/Commie, a Legitimacy meeting, and also promised to stop military exercises, the Licked his Dick/called him the Albert Schweizer of Asia, then left and declared victory?
`

If Obama was having peace talks with Kim the left would be singing his praises and the right would be doing exactly what the left is doing right now. Minimizing it, refusing to be positive, hoping he fails etc.
There's nothing positive about Trump's deal. Obama's -though flawed - kept Iran from having a nuke. Live with it.
Time is what keeps Iran from getting a nuke. Obama's deal had nothing to do with it.
Iran would have a nuke right now, or we'd have had a war, without Obama's deal. Deal with it.
That simply is not true. Deal with that.
What would have stopped Iran from completing their nuke?

Yeah, you know, other than him showing unprecedented willingness to do so after the president respected him enough to meet face to face, and other than China putting pressure on NK to cooperate.
No, his willingness in that respect is entirely precedented, as all the previous agreements show. That is, in no way will NK give up its nukes.

Forum List

Back