Your Political Beliefs?

I'm with Abe Lincoln. This is a government of the people, by the people, for the people but we now have the most unequal distribution of wealth among all modern nations and the supreme court says corporations are citizens who can flood the political system with influence by way of campaign financing. I don't think corporations are the people Lincoln had in mind when he made that speech.

The answer is not a return to somehow restricting how much treasure that any given creature with a Social Security number or a Tax ID number can give to politicians, the answer is removing from the politicians the power to grant favors in return.

Fair and simple taxes, public budgets that are balanced by law, and transparency in spending. Then, build an economy that your kids & grand kids can drive to The Stars.

:smoke: It's not rocket science, y'all.​

Okay so this is my first post here so hooray! Now with that out of the way, My question is this: What are your overall political beliefs, and most importantly, why? What are your thoughts on our political system and where it is going? Where does religion fit into the picture? I know those are pretty open-ended questions but it will be interesting to see where this goes.

The reason I ask is because a) I am curious and b) My final in my political science class involves getting people's opinions and whatnot. So you BETTER have some GOOD answers, lol. :biggrin:

AH! a political science student! do you recognize the name Mario Savio(?)
oh well ... anyhow, I'm only the cat who got thrown out of Chemistry for being a FREE RADICAL ....

as for my political beliefs, POWER CORRUPTS ( & absolute power corrupts absolutely )
The AMERICAN public through indoctrination by the propaganda machine ( that is the TV ) have been giving their consent for ever greater power to be consolidated in the Federal Government and the corporate bureaucracy... and the corporate bureaucracy is a rather dangerous bit of power being held by non-elected and for the most part operating in secret people who have huge power over the daily lives of the rank&file working people.

My beliefs are now focused on how corporations are hurting our political system.

Okay so this is my first post here so hooray! Now with that out of the way, My question is this: What are your overall political beliefs, and most importantly, why? What are your thoughts on our political system and where it is going? Where does religion fit into the picture? I know those are pretty open-ended questions but it will be interesting to see where this goes.

The reason I ask is because a) I am curious and b) My final in my political science class involves getting people's opinions and whatnot. So you BETTER have some GOOD answers, lol. :biggrin:

Easy stuff... Nature has already established the truth. Follow nature's laws and the rest works itself out.

Our form of government was built with an extremely logical focus on society. All of the parts were designed to work together, strengthening one another. When the country was founded "the whole" was the focus. As time progressed "the individual" became the focus. This shift is the current undoing of our country. A centralized federal government can't effectively govern individuals.

Most debates start from false premises now. 1.) Marriage - The government has no business approving or sanctioning marriage straight or gay. 2.) Religion - The government is strictly prohibited from establishing a national religion or prohibiting the free exercise of. 3.) Citizenship - Being born here to illegal residents should not grant citizenship. The 14th amendment was poorly written and was not intended for its current use. 4.) Citizens United - The problem lies with the tax system. If you are going to tax corporations as independent beings then you have to afford that corporation the same access to representation as an independent being.

We, as a nation, have bastardized the original intent of the Constitution for years based on special interests (individualism). That leads to all of the turmoil that we face now.

My beliefs are now focused on how corporations are hurting our political system.

Do you know what a corporation is?
Its the same thing as a person

Wrong. It is a legal entity created to allow individuals to invest without incurring personal liability. Without corporations, it would be impossible to engage in any large scale enterprise. Corporations are what allow us to have cars, purchase homes, use credit cards, etc. That being said, neither corporations, labor unions nor any other business entity should be permitted to contribute, directly or indirectly, to any individual person's or political party's campaign efforts.

Wrong. It is a legal entity created to allow individuals to invest without incurring personal liability. Without corporations, it would be impossible to engage in any large scale enterprise. Corporations are what allow us to have cars, purchase homes, use credit cards, etc. That being said, neither corporations, labor unions nor any other business entity should be permitted to contribute, directly or indirectly, to any individual person's or political party's campaign efforts.

Corporations are taxed as a singular entity. The very laws that are in effect as a result of elections effect corporations as a singular entity. Labor unions are tax exempt so "taxation without representation" does not apply. If anyone doesn't like it then feel free to change the tax code.

Hmm... would that apply to everyone who owns a portion of the corporation (stockholders)? Or just their employees?

Hard to describe me politically.

First of , I don't believe voting should be a right, I think it should be a privilege that is earned. Gender/Race/Religion should have no part in that discussion. Simple voter exam that you must pass to vote.

Secondly, I take issue with both "conservatives" and "liberals" who constantly want to tell others what they may or may not do. Its sickening and frightening how much power people are willing to give the government over OTHER people.

We have became the furthest thing from a free society that a person can possibly imagine.

Really? So all other nations are freer than the US?

Hmm... would that apply to everyone who owns a portion of the corporation (stockholders)? Or just their employees?

It should apply to corporations and labor unions, not individuals. By the way, nonprofit entities are granted tax exempt status on the basis of their exempt purposes, which do not include partisan political activity. Labor Unions have been violating these restrictions for decades without repercussion because politicians are afraid of offending them.

It should apply to corporations and labor unions, not individuals.

Huh? If the law doesn't apply to the owners of the corporation, nor to their employees, who does it apply to?

You are clearly one of the few with an OPEN MIND and willing to decide for yourself. Christianity has nothing to do with the Constitution, yet, the Constitution was based on Christian Beliefs. The New Test talks about "Free Will" and being a good example to show others what it's like to be Christian. But the Old Testament was just like the terrorists we see in Islam today.
Murder in the Bible

It's hard to see Americans act like the brutal Christians we once use to be before, THINKING. So hard.

Forum List

Back