Your Amazon Bill...

Is anyone else shocked when they see the monthly total?
It's just so damn easy to get parts for a project the next day and I find myself rationalizing that I need the parts anyway and i'm getting a good deal.
I see 3k a month tabs on a regular basis.

Amazon is badd ass, I mean, if I can't find it there then it likely don't exist. Prime in 2-days.

Amazon is a very well run company

-Geaux

In the last month I have bought everything from bathroom ceiling fans to shoe stretchers. I use Southwest Visa and build 1 mile on the dollar

-Geaux

I agree they have their ducks in a row. I think the only thing that semi annoys me is that it can take 2-3 weeks to get some stuff out even though it said it was in stock when I ordered heh

I went to amazon for replacement fog lights and ended up replacing my headlamp & parking lamp assy's as well. The price was right, including free shipping.

Next month I'll order new tail lamp assy's. One of mine is cracked so might as well take care of it sooner, rather than later.

i have amazon prime...not real happy with it....i do the google before purchase...i am standing in bookstore with book in hand....it is 15 bucks....damn....amazon has it....2 day shipping for 10....so i wait and order from amazon...my 2 day shipping..well fuck that...they give me another month of membership.....i dont like not being able to depend on what they state about shipping...the tv part mostly sucks....the good shit you have to pay more for...as for price...i get killer deals on some things....the fucking huge ass giraffe...that pills turned me on to...great deal...i go to get some sillie trike for the bestest baby and they are buttfucking me....toys r us....30 bucks cheaper...and free shipping and it came fast enough....most sites give you free shipping now day...but it will take a while....zulily is one of the worst....kid can outgrown the shit by the time you get it...and i dont care for the no return policies...i try hard to keep up with the amazon bill..that one click ordering can be just too damn easy...o and what really pisses me off....if i want the package delivered directly to the bestest baby...i have to re enter the card...that is a pain in the ass....i think the highest bill i have had is just over a 100 or so...grumpy has major issues with me just spending money on line...and i will admit...i like to touch and feel stuff before i buy it...i am cheap however...i will look in the store and try to find it online

Wow, just looked and I have 11 orders in 2016. I get my k-cup coffee every month through Amazon

I just signed up for Prime to watch all the Downton Abbeys, the Prime Video works great on my TV. I put stuff in a cart and usually wait for free shipping, but now with Prime I won't have to worry. I'm not a shopper in stores or online, I know what I'm looking for, except when it comes to books and I love reading reviews on Amazon.

I also like the drop ship as the grandkids do not live around us.

Is anyone else shocked when they see the monthly total?
It's just so damn easy to get parts for a project the next day and I find myself rationalizing that I need the parts anyway and i'm getting a good deal.
I see 3k a month tabs on a regular basis.

Wow! You must have tons of disposable income. You're so cool!

Not so much disposable but necessary purchases.
Last week it was pool parts that I couldnt do without if I didnt want a green pool.

I don't have prime, but I've no interest in watching TV on my computer (I have a home theater that smokes even my audiophile/recording studio rig.) I mostly find "toys" on Amazon and I go through like fits; like when I remodeled the kitchen it was hand crafted silverware and serving pieces for like 3 months straight, I went through a phase of buying computer parts for my recent mod'ing, and currently it's electronic bits and pieces because I'm learning to make my own gadgets - actually without Amazon I wouldn't even be able to really consider making PCBs and stuff, there's no place with that kind of stuff up here, closest I can get is basically the local version of Radio Shack (mostly caters to businesses, not a very good selection of ICs and nothing for PCBs.. I'm not even sure where I'd even look online for the stuff I'm buying atm heh) I'm always buying random stuff though, like I just bought an ear pick, they say it's all the rage in Japan... I hate q-tips :p

I find it incredibly convenient, but not that price competitive. I have subscriptions set up for things we used on a regular basis. AMZN does provide extra discounts for "subscribe & save items". For one time purchases, unless they are really cheap, I do a web search and often find the same thing cheap elsewhere. AMZN's pricing algorithm is to price the item slightly lower than what the price plus expected shipping is from other vendors. So, I look for sale items or promos to beat that.

Amazon Prime is a God send!!
But I'm still willing to ass up money for shipping if it doesn't take away from my time in shop.
If I can save a two hour trip for a hundred bucks i'm in!!!

And that is their pricing theory: shoppers are willing to pay a bit more to save time.

That works on me. The last thing I want to do after work or on the weekends is to schlep around stores shopping for basic things I can easily find online.

I find it incredibly convenient, but not that price competitive. I have subscriptions set up for things we used on a regular basis. AMZN does provide extra discounts for "subscribe & save items". For one time purchases, unless they are really cheap, I do a web search and often find the same thing cheap elsewhere. AMZN's pricing algorithm is to price the item slightly lower than what the price plus expected shipping is from other vendors. So, I look for sale items or promos to beat that.

But I'm still willing to ass up money for shipping if it doesn't take away from my time in shop.

And that is their pricing theory: shoppers are willing to pay a bit more to save time.

That works on me. The last thing I want to do after work or on the weekends is to schlep around stores shopping for basic things I can easily find online.

I hear ya. We've been considering grocery delivery because both of us hate to grocery shop.
I'll still go in person to pick out high end items life beef or seafood,but if I can get someone to deliver paper towels and toothpaste type stuff it would sure save time,and the delivery fees are very reasonable.

I hear ya. We've been considering grocery delivery because both of us hate to grocery shop.
I'll still go in person to pick out high end items life beef or seafood,but if I can get someone to deliver paper towels and toothpaste type stuff it would sure save time,and the delivery fees are very reasonable.

We don't want someone else picking our our perishable food. Non-perishables that are priced reasonably on Amazon go on the Subscribe&Save list. As we have a basement (a rarity in the Bay Area), we have plenty of storage room - so mr. boe goes to Costco once in awhile to stock up on the bulky things like toilet paper and paper towels....and to fish for bargains. At some point, we may give up the Costco membership, but we're not there yet.

I went to amazon for replacement fog lights and ended up replacing my headlamp & parking lamp assy's as well. The price was right, including free shipping.

Next month I'll order new tail lamp assy's. One of mine is cracked so might as well take care of it sooner, rather than later.

I changed my mind and decided to order new tail light assys today instead of waiting till next month. And if my luck holds, they too will arrive with new bulbs already installed. :)

Forum List

Back