Youngkin halted Ford battery plant efforts in Virginia over concerns about China

LOL....But you could not stand responding in a round about way. :laughing0301:

I just keep you around for the entertainment value as you sure as hell don't provide any meaningful substance to a conversation, just mean-spirited contrarian tripe that I can poke fun at. ;)
Iow, Nyeh, nyeh, nyeh, duhhhh,.... nyeh!

Where's the beef?
Other than at the US embassy, does China allow the US flag to fly above US company buildings in China?

image.jpg

microsoft-in-china-2.jpg

HA5HLTD4AZKYLDATMKGPZFYXHI.jpg

1200x-1.jpg

Dunno. You? Where's the beef?
I don't like double standards. You're okay with them?

I can tell you that the US allows Chinese citizens to buy land in America, but foreigners are not allowed to own land in China.

I do have a beef with that.

Last edited:
"We"? Did you sign the agreement? I've never been asked to sign any such thing. I don't even live in Virginia. WTF are you babbling about anyway? That's not how we gave up our technology. Sounds like lots of good jobs out the window due to misplaced fear, fear, fear!

Should we be having any engagement with China at all?

I don't like double standards. You're okay with them?

I can tell you that the US allows Chinese citizens to buy land in America, but foreigners are not allowed to own land in China.

I do have a beef with that.
Property ownership is complicated:
I don't blame them. We should probably be more protective of our own land.

Last edited:
Probably, imo. Best to resolve legitimate issues by talking them out. Last I heard we weren't enemies.
Maybe not officially, but they certainly aren't friendly. They take every opportunity to cheat us. When speculation about the origins of COVID-10 began circulating that it was a lab leak and that they dropped the ball containing it they were 100% uncooperative and threatened to withhold vital components needed to manufacture the vaccines. They routinely abuse and murder their people. They have been funding and building up their military off of our backs and WILL (it's not an if, but a when) eventually attack Taiwan.

This is not a nation we should be doing any business with. If anything, we should be treating them like the Soviet Union.

Property ownership is complicated:
I don't blame them. We should probably be more protective of our own land.
I said land, not houses.

As your link says, "All land in China is owned by the Chinese government."

Why are you being such a shill for China? (honest question)

I said land, not houses.

As your link says, "All land in China is owned by the Chinese government."

Why are you being such a shill for China? (honest question)
I supplied two links, the latter detailing their complex, evolving land ownership rules. And I said land too. How have I shilled for China? (honest question)

Maybe not officially, but they certainly aren't friendly. They take every opportunity to cheat us. When speculation about the origins of COVID-10 began circulating that it was a lab leak and that they dropped the ball containing it they were 100% uncooperative and threatened to withhold vital components needed to manufacture the vaccines. They routinely abuse and murder their people. They have been funding and building up their military off of our backs and WILL (it's not an if, but a when) eventually attack Taiwan.

This is not a nation we should be doing any business with. If anything, we should be treating them like the Soviet Union.
Like the Soviet Union? Didn't think that existed anymore. I think Putin, Russian oligarchs, Zelenskyy, and his Nazi brigades should be considered "not friendly." But the Russian and Ukrainian people still seem friendly enough in general. Not really many in clear need of a time out -- locked together in a room until they finally settle their differences one way or another. Chuck in a hundred cruise missiles if you insist..

Regarding China,
They have been funding and building up their military off of our backs
Elaborate upon the "off our backs" part, please..

Gov. Glenn Youngkin’s administration halted efforts to site a Ford battery plant in Virginia late last year over concerns about Chinese Communist Party influence.

Speaking to reporters after the annual State of the Commonwealth address Wednesday, Youngkin said his administration “felt that the right thing to do was to not recruit Ford as a front for China to America.”

A spokesperson for his office said the governor’s comments were linked to the possibility of Ford Motor Company building a battery manufacturing plant in Virginia that would be operated by Contemporary Amperex Technology Co., or CATL, a Chinese company that is the largest producer of electric vehicle batteries in the world and under the Ford agreement would retain ownership of the technology used in building the battery cells.

“Virginians should be wary of Chinese Communist intrusion into Virginia’s economy,” he said. “We welcome and encourage economic cooperation with international companies. … But let me be clear, ‘Made in Virginia’ cannot be a front for the Chinese Communist Party.”

Youngkin halted Ford battery plant efforts in Virginia over concerns about China - Virginia Mercury

Sure it cost us some jobs but this is the kind of leadership we need nationally to wean ourselves away from the chi-com's influence.
The lithium recycling plant advocated for Sidney, Ohio means that spent batteries stay in the U.S. and are not returned to the Chinese pedophiliacs. Virginia is a good place to build lithium batteries.

Forum List

Back