You Will Meet A Tall Dark Stranger - Netflix

Flopper

Diamond Member
Mar 23, 2010
Washington
The narrator advises viewers that the film is "full of sound and fury, signifying nothing". You might consider this before watching. It is written and directed by Woody Allen. It is not his best work or anything close to it. It clearly has the feel of a Woody Allen film but the script is not up to par, the direction is uneven, and the ending is ambiguous . There are a few amusing scenes but not enough to be worth your time.

The narrator advises viewers that the film is "full of sound and fury, signifying nothing". You might consider this before watching. It is written and directed by Woody Allen. It is not his best work or anything close to it. It clearly has the feel of a Woody Allen film but the script is not up to par, the direction is uneven, and the ending is ambiguous . There are a few amusing scenes but not enough to be worth your time.
Not me.
I will not watch anything by the child predator/molester Woody Allen who couldn't keep his hands off of BOTH of his own daughters
Sick sick man

The particular egregious thing about this - it was Netflix a couple years ago that released the DAMNING documentary showing this sick fucks molestation of his own children. Including testimoney from one of the daughters.

Not me.
I will not watch anything by the child predator/molester Woody Allen who couldn't keep his hands off of BOTH of his own daughters
Sick sick man
In August 1992, it was alleged by his adoptive daughter Dylan Farrow, then aged seven, that Allen sexually molested her in the home of her adoptive mother, actress Mia Farrow, in Bridgewater, Connecticut. Allen alleged that his relationship with his 21 year old adopted daughter prompted Mia Farrow to concoct the molestation allegation as an act of vengeance.
  • The Connecticut State's Attorney investigated the allegation but did not press charges due to a lack of evidence.
  • The Child Sexual Abuse Clinic of Yale–New Haven Hospital who treated the child concluded that Allen had not sexually abused Dylan and the allegation was likely coached or influenced by Mia Farrow.
  • The New York Department of Social Services found "no credible evidence" to support the allegation.
  • In response to the allegation, Allen sued Farrow for sole custody of Dylan, Satchel, and Moses. He lost the case in June 1993, however the judge agreed that the allegation of sexual abuse had not been proven and the ruling against Allen was not based on the allegation.
Woody Allen is now 88 years old and since 1992 he has repeatedly denied the allegation and states there has never been any improper sexual conduct between him and any of his children.

Those are the facts. The religious right has had Allen in their cross hairs for the last 50 years due his attacks on religion. Aided by social media, Allen has been framed as a lifelong pedophile with interviews with fictitious victims and arrest records. The internet has killed him off with a death hoax this year. Yet he is still alive and kicking and still poking fun at the religious establishment.

If it turns out that there is a God...the worst that you can say about him is that basically he's an underachiever.
Woody Allen
To you I'm an atheist; to God, I'm the Loyal Opposition.

Woody Allen

In August 1992, it was alleged by his adoptive daughter Dylan Farrow, then aged seven, that Allen sexually molested her in the home of her adoptive mother, actress Mia Farrow, in Bridgewater, Connecticut. Allen alleged that his relationship with his 21 year old adopted daughter prompted Mia Farrow to concoct the molestation allegation as an act of vengeance.
  • The Connecticut State's Attorney investigated the allegation but did not press charges due to a lack of evidence.
  • The Child Sexual Abuse Clinic of Yale–New Haven Hospital who treated the child concluded that Allen had not sexually abused Dylan and the allegation was likely coached or influenced by Mia Farrow.
  • The New York Department of Social Services found "no credible evidence" to support the allegation.
  • In response to the allegation, Allen sued Farrow for sole custody of Dylan, Satchel, and Moses. He lost the case in June 1993, however the judge agreed that the allegation of sexual abuse had not been proven and the ruling against Allen was not based on the allegation.
Woody Allen is now 88 years old and since 1992 he has repeatedly denied the allegation and states there has never been any improper sexual conduct between him and any of his children.

Those are the facts. The religious right has had Allen in their cross hairs for the last 50 years due his attacks on religion. Aided by social media, Allen has been framed as a lifelong pedophile with interviews with fictitious victims and arrest records. The internet has killed him off with a death hoax this year. Yet he is still alive and kicking and still poking fun at the religious establishment.

If it turns out that there is a God...the worst that you can say about him is that basically he's an underachiever.
Woody Allen
To you I'm an atheist; to God, I'm the Loyal Opposition.

Woody Allen
He is guilty as hell.
FACT - in deposition he admitted to playing a game with his younger daughter in which they went to a small room in the attic that had a lock on the door FROM THE INSIDE.. and wore only their bottom underwear playing this game. He was forced to admit it because a maid swore under oath she witnessed it. The daughter claims he touched her numerous times playing this game - but because there was no witnesses to that specifically - he was not prosecuted for that.

FACT - he had in his possession naked photos of his adopted daughter when she was 21 years old in very lude poses. However, other family members and workers stated they suspected their relationship as early as 17. Regardless the sick man was fucking his adopted daughter AT LEAST at age 21. Likely earlier than that.

FACT - A maid who quit after witnessing Allen showing his daughter his penis and allowing her to touch it, told this to Mia. He vehemently denied it, and the daughter was too young to remember. Since it was down to his word against hers... he wasn't prosecuted.

Woody continues to this day to say "child welfare found no evidence" - NO - they found plenty of evidence, but they couldn't PROVE IT in court. Big difference.

Fact is - Mia was a horrible mother that kept ignoring sign after sign after sign after sign that something was going on. Something she today says she deeply regrets and admits it is partly her fault because she just didn't want to believe it.

I believe it. There is just too many things, and too many different people saying they saw things for there to be nothing wrong.

The particular egregious thing about this - it was Netflix a couple years ago that released the DAMNING documentary showing this sick fucks molestation of his own children. Including testimoney from one of the daughters.
There is no documentary about Woody Allen on Netflix.

He is guilty as hell.
FACT - in deposition he admitted to playing a game with his younger daughter in which they went to a small room in the attic that had a lock on the door FROM THE INSIDE.. and wore only their bottom underwear playing this game. He was forced to admit it because a maid swore under oath she witnessed it. The daughter claims he touched her numerous times playing this game - but because there was no witnesses to that specifically - he was not prosecuted for that.

FACT - he had in his possession naked photos of his adopted daughter when she was 21 years old in very lude poses. However, other family members and workers stated they suspected their relationship as early as 17. Regardless the sick man was fucking his adopted daughter AT LEAST at age 21. Likely earlier than that.

FACT - A maid who quit after witnessing Allen showing his daughter his penis and allowing her to touch it, told this to Mia. He vehemently denied it, and the daughter was too young to remember. Since it was down to his word against hers... he wasn't prosecuted.

Woody continues to this day to say "child welfare found no evidence" - NO - they found plenty of evidence, but they couldn't PROVE IT in court. Big difference.

Fact is - Mia was a horrible mother that kept ignoring sign after sign after sign after sign that something was going on. Something she today says she deeply regrets and admits it is partly her fault because she just didn't want to believe it.

I believe it. There is just too many things, and too many different people saying they saw things for there to be nothing wrong.
I think you're referring to an HBO series about the lawsuit in which it was revealed that both Woody and Mia were not good parents in the traditional sense. They walked around the home often nude in front of their children and Woody insisted that parents should be completely frank about sex with the kids. I don't think that is right way to raise kids but that is not sexual abuse. However, it may well be constructed to be in a documentary.

This has nothing to do with this movie or any of Woody's movies. If we're to reject all the artistic works based on accusation of illicit sexual behavior of the creators then we lose most a great deal of our movies, books, painting, and musical compositions.

He is guilty as hell.

Flopper has a load more credibility than you do.
Broadway Danny Rose is my favourite Woody Allen film.
Its the work of a genius.

I have a hard time picking my favorite Wood Allen movie. Annie Hall is great but not my favorite. I guess my all time favorite is Radio Days because the radio was a big part of my life when I was a kid. We never had TV till I was 13. I was raised listening to the radio. My fondest memories were listening to radio programs with family and friends, programs like Sam Spade, Gunsmoke, Edgar Bergen and Charlie McCarty, and Jack Benny. When I was 8 years old, I built a crystal radio and was into Ham radio when I was 13.

So I found Radio Days really nostalgic. The movie is a series of vignettes focused on the golden days of radio. There is not a lot of story here but some really funny scenes and a few that make you think. Rotten Tomatoes gave it a 91%. I would give it 100% but most people won't find it that interesting.

Last edited:
Do you remember this scene at end of the movie when Mia comes to the door saying she's sorry and asking Woody if they can just be friends and he says no and she leaves? Then staring off into space, he realize what he's losing and he leaves and runs down the street stopping her. And they talk, and smile, and then another smile and then his arm goes around her but the audience doesn't know what they are saying. Then they turn with his arm around her and they walk toward home. This is such a simple but effect scene, really great movie making.

Who was 21. Woody Allen was not a father to her and as a child they never lived in in the same household.
Seriously?
yeah sure, the day she turned 21 is the day his beady eyes became interested... yeah sure.
Any man who who marries a step daughter who lived with them since childhood is a sick piece of garbage. 70 million women out there and he prefers his step daughter.
My daughter had a number of friends who hung out at our house from grade school to college.
I never stopped seeing these girls as children well after they sexually matured. Because I knew them since they were a little child. I would be one piece of shit if I started having sex with one of them when they turned 21. AND THEY WASN"T MY STEP DAUGHTER.

Seriously?
yeah sure, the day she turned 21 is the day his beady eyes became interested... yeah sure.
Any man who who marries a step daughter who lived with them since childhood is a sick piece of garbage. 70 million women out there and he prefers his step daughter.
My daughter had a number of friends who hung out at our house from grade school to college.
I never stopped seeing these girls as children well after they sexually matured. Because I knew them since they were a little child. I would be one piece of shit if I started having sex with one of them when they turned 21. AND THEY WASN"T MY STEP DAUGHTER.
Wrong!!!
Mia Farrow and Woody Allen were never married therefore Woody Allen was never a stepfather. Woody and Mia never lived together.

To understand the Mia, Woody, Soon Yi situation you have understand the family which is nothing like the typical US family. Soon Yi was born in South Korea of unknow parents. She was found on the streets eating out of a garbage can by the police who sent her to an orphanage. Mia Farrow who was married at the time to Andrew Previn had 3 children and were adopting homeless children from other countries. They had adopted two from Viet Nam. And with the help of an adoption agency adopted Soon Yi. She had no birth certificate so doctors estimated her age as between 6 to 8. They arbitrary established a birthday as age 6 in order to create a birth certificate.

Mia divorced Previn in 1979 and began dating Woody two years later when Soon Yi was 11 or 12 years old. Over the next 10 years Mia would give birth to two children and adopt several more bringing the total to 14 children. As many as 11 lived with Mia in her 6 floor Park Ave apartment. Woody Allen had his own apartment a few block away on the same street.

Woody described his relationship with Mia's family as follows: "I am not Soon-Yi's father or stepfather. I've never even lived with Mia. I never had any family dinners over there. I was not a father to her adopted kids in any sense of the word. For many years Mia and I have been close friend. We dated each other but not exclusively" Soon Yi said she was never alone with Woody until the11 grade when she was 19. She had a sports injury at school and called him to take her to the doctor since her mother was out of town. He gave her a ride to school for the next few days. She said she didn't see him again until after she graduated the next year when she was 20.

Woody and Soon Yi began dating the following year and married in 1997. They have been happily married for 25 years and have two children.

Wrong!!!
Mia Farrow and Woody Allen were never married therefore Woody Allen was never a stepfather. Woody and Mia never lived together.

To understand the Mia, Woody, Soon Yi situation you have understand the family which is nothing like the typical US family. Soon Yi was born in South Korea of unknow parents. She was found on the streets eating out of a garbage can by the police who sent her to an orphanage. Mia Farrow who was married at the time to Andrew Previn had 3 children and were adopting homeless children from other countries. They had adopted two from Viet Nam. And with the help of an adoption agency adopted Soon Yi. She had no birth certificate so doctors estimated her age as between 6 to 8. They arbitrary established a birthday as age 6 in order to create a birth certificate.

Mia divorced Previn in 1979 and began dating Woody two years later when Soon Yi was 11 or 12 years old. Over the next 10 years Mia would give birth to two children and adopt several more bringing the total to 14 children. As many as 11 lived with Mia in her 6 floor Park Ave apartment. Woody Allen had his own apartment a few block away on the same street.

Woody described his relationship with Mia's family as follows: "I am not Soon-Yi's father or stepfather. I've never even lived with Mia. I never had any family dinners over there. I was not a father to her adopted kids in any sense of the word. For many years Mia and I have been close friend. We dated each other but not exclusively" Soon Yi said she was never alone with Woody until the11 grade when she was 19. She had a sports injury at school and called him to take her to the doctor since her mother was out of town. He gave her a ride to school for the next few days. She said she didn't see him again until after she graduated the next year when she was 20.

Woody and Soon Yi began dating the following year and married in 1997. They have been happily married for 25 years and have two children.
Dude he lies constantly.
Only one thing can be the true.
Either Woody Allen is lying about everything, or everyone else is lying.
And he is the one that had an affair and got married to a young girl he knew since she was little and he was her father figure.

Make all the excuses you want, and write 20 paragraphs if you want.
You are okay with watching the product of a man who has a string of people saying he molested his own children, including his daughter's own testimony... and he ended up marrying one of them. Looks pretty guilty to me.

Dude he lies constantly.
Only one thing can be the true.
Either Woody Allen is lying about everything, or everyone else is lying.
And he is the one that had an affair and got married to a young girl he knew since she was little and he was her father figure.

Make all the excuses you want, and write 20 paragraphs if you want.
You are okay with watching the product of a man who has a string of people saying he molested his own children, including his daughter's own testimony... and he ended up sin marrying one of them. Looks pretty guilty to me.
Wrong Again
He was not the father, the stepfather, or any part of the family. According to Soon, the few times the kids saw him, he was never Dad or Daddy but Woody, Moms boy friend.

Mia won the battle against Woody in the court of public opinion due primarily to interviews published by friends in Vanity Fair and
the New York Times. However she was never able to win in court nor with child protective services who said after treating the child who was supposedly molested, they believed there was no molestation and the child was probably coached by the mother.

A
Wrong Again
He was not the father, the stepfather, or any part of the family. According to Soon, the few times the kids saw him, he was never Dad or Daddy but Woody, Moms boy friend.

Mia won the battle against Woody in the court of public opinion due primarily to interviews published by friends in Vanity Fair and
the New York Times. However she was never able to win in court nor with child protective services who said after treating the child who was supposedly molested, they believed there was no molestation and the child was probably coached by the mother.
"According to Soon".... hahaha. Gosh... can't believe she would downplay the father role. :rolleyes: So surprising... :rolleyes:
"Not any part of the family" - also hilarious, because as the 4 hour documentary shows - they have TONS of home videos/photographs/vacations together etc. etc etc.
You want to play off that Woody had nothing to do with these kids... absolutely false.
Woody is a unique/strange dude. He wanted his own house during their relationship... yes. But as shown in the documentary, he was at the "family home" a LOT. All during their childhood.
I don't give a rats ass if he was biologically/adopted her father or not. And man who ends up having sexual relations with a young woman that he knew throughout her childhood - is a sick, fucked up pervert.
My OWN experience with a daughter who had a lot of friends that was at out home a LOT... almost everyone of those girls blossomed into becoming beautiful women. To this day - two of them I still know (they are all in their mid 30s now) and there is no way I can see them sexually. I KNEW THEM WHEN THEY WERE LITTLE. It would be completely weird. Just no!!
And for this sick pervert to end up marrying a girl he spent years with as a small child.... way-way fucked up.

Forum List

Back