You should be afraid and you should act

What a terrible waste of time and resources. Trouble is coming, but it’s not from man-made global warming. The geomagnetic field is weakening allowing severe space weather events in our future. We aren’t preparing for it, but are wasting of time and resources on unproven ignorance that is AGW. This is the real threat.
Cataclysmic Polarity Shift : Tyler J. WIlliams : Free Download, Borrow, and Streaming : Internet Archive
Cataclysmic Shift, because of manmade global climate warming change

US emissions flatlined

China continues to increase

India continues to increase

Where should we direct our efforts?
Apparently that's a bad faith argument because Matted Joybeard believes those Chinese and Indian emissions are US proxy emissions. That the US is responsible for creating those emissions.

Of course I say that's a batshit crazy argument.

The Atlantic Meridional Overturning Current is slowing. The impact is uncertain but very likely to be dramatic.

For all of you that comfort yourselves with the idea that technology will provide a solution to global warmiong before it gets "bad", I off the following:

In a CNN article about Sam Altman, CEO of ChatGPT, stating that fusion energy is the solution to AI's soaring energy requirements, I saw the following comment:

It chimes with a general tendency toward “wishful thinking” when it comes to climate action, said Alex de Vries, a data scientist and researcher at Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam. “It would be a lot more sensible to focus on what we have at the moment, and what we can do at the moment, rather than hoping for something that might happen,” he told CNN.

The Atlantic Meridional Overturning Current is slowing. The impact is uncertain but very likely to be dramatic.

How many windmills to speed up the current? $76 trillion?

No shit. It's what triggers and ends glacial periods but the returning to pre-glacial temperatures takes a very long time. In fact, the planet is still warming back up to its last pre-glacial temperature.

For all of you that comfort yourselves with the idea that technology will provide a solution to global warmiong before it gets "bad", I off the following:

In a CNN article about Sam Altman, CEO of ChatGPT, stating that fusion energy is the solution to AI's soaring energy requirements, I saw the following comment:

It chimes with a general tendency toward “wishful thinking” when it comes to climate action, said Alex de Vries, a data scientist and researcher at Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam. “It would be a lot more sensible to focus on what we have at the moment, and what we can do at the moment, rather than hoping for something that might happen,” he told CNN.
Tell Alex not to worry. The glacial cycles of the past 3 million years have everything under control.

Fear combined with hope can motivate the public to act rather than make people feel helpless

Sorry ... you're going to have to do better than a few crayon-colored pictures to scare me ...

l-intro-1688749503.jpg

If you think this picture is more meaningful than real data, there's probably no point in trying with you. Just do your best to stay out of the way, though, eh.

How many little children do you think you can scare if I stay out of your way?

I think very few. Today's kids are pretty desensitized by violent video games.

How many little children do you think you can scare if I stay out of your way?

I think very few. Today's kids are pretty desensitized by violent video games.
I worry more about folks like you who have been de-educated by politically-motivated misinformation taking advantage of the national weakness in basic science.

I worry more about folks like you who have been de-educated by politically-motivated misinformation taking advantage of the national weakness in basic science.

Instilling fear into people to bend them to your will isn't science ... it's the tool of The Inquisition.

Instilling fear into people to bend them to your will isn't science ... it's the tool of The Inquisition.
My clear and demonstrable goal in this forum, going back several years, has been objective science education. I am not a fear monger. Look to your brethren if such behavior bothers you.

Forum List

Back