You seeing Dune in 3 weeks ??

I may watch it later. I was a fan of the original, the remake was gay as hell though. People complain that paul looks like a little kid but in the books he was only 15 when all that happened. Hopefully, they didn't liberalize it so much that it's stupid.

DUNE is the only 2021 film I'll see "live" this year. I'll see it on HBO MAX opening day, and if satisfied will see the IMAX version soon after.

I read the book once a year from publication to Lynch's film version. Plan to cover it again before the October release.

It's already made 76 million in limited overseas release. It looks REAL good.

DUNE is the only 2021 film I'll see "live" this year. I'll see it on HBO MAX opening day, and if satisfied will see the IMAX version soon after.

I read the book once a year from publication to Lynch's film version. Plan to cover it again before the October release.

It's already made 76 million in limited overseas release. It looks REAL good.
I read everything by Frank Herbert.
Really liked the Destination Void series.

I read everything by Frank Herbert.
Really liked the Destination Void series.
Soul Catcher?

When I went to a signing and presented Soul Catcher, Frank turned to his assistant and said "Look, we found the guy that actually bought this!"

Soul Catcher?

When I went to a signing and presented Soul Catcher, Frank turned to his assistant and said "Look, we found the guy that actually bought this!"
I read that too about 25 years ago. I was probably the other one guy who bought it too.

I wonder how many who have read The Jesus Incident realize planet Pandora from that novel has many parallels to the world Pandora in the movie Avatar? A hostile world to humans, a planet wide conciousness, gene manipulation, sentient plant life and a giant ship transporting humans. The human colony called Redoubt resembling the fortress that humans stayed in Avatar...

Even...

As the reader discovers that the kelp, the hylighters, and other creatures of the planet appear to be linked into a large entity with a shared consciousness, Avata.

Avata? Lol. Coincidence?
Damn near the same planet except with the Dances With Wolves plot of Avatar.

Avatar was produced by Dune Entertainment. I suspect Herbert's son is involved?

I read that too about 25 years ago. I was probably the other one guy who bought it too.

I wonder how many who have read The Jesus Incident realize planet Pandora from that novel has many parallels to the world Pandora in the movie Avatar? A hostile world to humans, a planet wide conciousness, gene manipulation, sentient plant life and a giant ship transporting humans. The human colony called Redoubt resembling the fortress that humans stayed in Avatar...

Even...

As the reader discovers that the kelp, the hylighters, and other creatures of the planet appear to be linked into a large entity with a shared consciousness, Avata.

Avata? Lol. Coincidence?
Damn near the same planet except with the Dances With Wolves plot of Avatar.

Avatar was produced by Dune Entertainment. I suspect Herbert's son is involved?
Cameron is well known for lifting things from other works and taking credit. Harlan Ellison sued him over The Terminator and got a settlement.

Forum List

Back