You own nothing, A Private 'Club 'Owns It All,

whoisit

Gold Member
Jul 19, 2016
It is unconstitutional to exchange gold for worthless paper.
This is one reason there was a run on the banks in The Great Depression. Those worthless paper notes were not backed by gold or any other real currency.

Think that land that's been in the family for a hundred years is yours, think again or just stop paying the real owners for your use of it and see who really owns it. Tax is not just for Forts, Bridges and [I forgot] ? anymore.

This is one reason there was a run on the banks in The Great Depression. Those worthless paper notes were not backed by gold or any other real currency.

Huh?

You can't explain the above claim?

You don't want me to type it out, believe me on that one. And as I said, for some reason the link won't paste.

It is Article 1 Section 10.

rticle 1 Section 10 Clause 1 | Constitution Annotated - Congress

WebSection 10 Powers Denied States Clause 1 Proscribed Powers No State shall enter into any Treaty, Alliance, or Confederation; grant Letters of Marque and Reprisal; coin Money; emit Bills of Credit; make any Thing but gold and silver Coin a Tender in Payment of Debts;

EXPLORE FURTHER​

Now it worked.

Thanks.

How does that help the original claim?

Thanks.

How does that help the original claim?

Far as I know from what I've read all money has to be backed by gold aka Fort Knox or some other vault, but who knows what happened to Fort Knox or where they put the asset that makes our IOUs valuable or worth anything?
Maybe someone can tell us?

Where did you read that?

The founders of this nation and what's left of our laws. What kind of people would back their assets on thin air?
I'm not a constitutional lawyer but if you want to know the basics of our law on money look it up.
I've suplied enough to give you a head start.

The founders of this nation and what's left of our laws. What kind of people would back their assets on thin air?
I'm not a constitutional lawyer but if you want to know the basics of our law on money look it up.
I've suplied enough to give you a head start.

Nothing you've posted shows that all money must be backed by gold. Sorry.

Ok so ignore it and believe what you think. Not being rude just not going to argue.

I'm not ignoring anything.

Reread your post #8

No State shall enter into any Treaty, Alliance, or Confederation; grant Letters of Marque and Reprisal; coin Money; emit Bills of Credit; make any Thing but gold and silver Coin a Tender in Payment of Debts;

That's a limit for the states. Not the federal government.

I'm not ignoring anything.

Reread your post #8

No State shall enter into any Treaty, Alliance, or Confederation; grant Letters of Marque and Reprisal; coin Money; emit Bills of Credit; make any Thing but gold and silver Coin a Tender in Payment of Debts;

That's a limit for the states. Not the federal government.

Did you watch the video in the first post?

Years ago. It's got lots of errors, like most videos on finance and banking.

Prove it wrong since you don't ;like my understanding of it, I can't prove something that you are convinced is wrong.
" He who is convinced against his will, is of the same opinion still."

rticle 1 Section 10 Clause 1 | Constitution Annotated - Congress

WebSection 10 Powers Denied States Clause 1 Proscribed Powers No State shall enter into any Treaty, Alliance, or Confederation; grant Letters of Marque and Reprisal; coin Money; emit Bills of Credit; make any Thing but gold and silver Coin a Tender in Payment of Debts;

EXPLORE FURTHER​

Now it worked.
That’s a restriction on the authority of the various State governments.

Our national currency COULD be backed by gold in theory. It isn’t. It is backed by the full faith and credit of the United States. (Not entirely clear Wtf that might mean anymore.)

Forum List

Back